You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Goodluck Bayern!

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: Goodluck Bayern!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 pm

In terms of quality, I think it is:
1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham
4. West Ham

In terms of which team I prefer, it's probably still Arsenal. However I have to admit that I have hardly ever seen Tottenham play.. I became much more aware of them when they were in the CL last season and I love the football they played. I would be very happy to get to see them in the CL again. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Wed May 16, 2012 6:24 pm

My favourite Tottenham player has to be Benoît Assou-Ekotto. He's got excellent precise crossing.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby lau03143 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm

It's good having spurs fans on wishing us well compared to those Madrid fans out trolling!!!
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Selbubb » Thu May 17, 2012 1:00 am

In fairness Spurs don't have a lot to cheer about as a club. Chelsea and Arsenal fans view them in the same way Bayern view 1860 München
Selbubb
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Disco Benny » Thu May 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Well, depends on what you class as worth "cheering" about, because last time I checked Arsenal haven't won any silvarware in 7 years, which is longer than Spurs (who won the Carling Cup in 2008).

Chelsea's negative style of football might have won them the FA Cup this season and got them to the CL final, but I don't see much worth cheering about having been pretty dire week on week in the league and still resorting to shit-on-a-stick football that burns the eyes, despite Abramovic pumping millions and millions into the club.

No, the issue is Arsenal and Chelsea fans think they're far better than they actually are. Keep waving those plastic flags.

Chelsea will see this weekend what a club with barely half the financial resources can do that they can't - namely win the Champions League playing progressive exciting football. Wahre geschichte
Disco Benny
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Bayern actually has a bigger revenue than Chelsea. :P

Maybe Chelski will one day start playing fun football again. Depends on how long Droggers and Lampard and Terry and the rest of the old guard who can't play technical football stay around. Until then, though...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Disco Benny » Thu May 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Bayern have a bigger revenue stream for sure, but Chelsea haven't cared much for the constraints of accrued revenue since Abramovic has been bankrolling them these last 9 years.

Aside from the incredible amount of money Chelsea have spent on transfer fees in that time, I would sincerely doubt Bayern can compete with the hefty size of Chelsea's wage bill.

Bayern are no paupers, but personally I have no issue with clubs spending enormous amounts of money (football is a business after all) when

A) it's from money they have actually earnt through progressive, organic growth
B) the money has helped build a truly unique, stand out team
c) has helped build a sustainable, long term successful academy

I'm yet to see Chelsea fulfill these points with their spending. Even when they won the titles under Mourinho, they didn't catch the imagination. The speed of that success suggested it would eventually lead to something special, but it hasn't. Thus, it's hard to feel genuine respect for Chelsea in the same way, say, it's possible to feel for Man United in 1999 or even Arsenal in 2005/6 (invincibles playing great football)
Disco Benny
Getting the hang of it

Postby openside50 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:00 pm

you are having a giraffe dico b

Chelsea hold an incredible amount of records in the premier league

most goals scored in a season
most points scored in a season
most home wins in a season
most away wins in a season

spurs have none

and we play at the oldest ground in the premier league and our manager isnt ugly or a wheeler dealer

PS good luck Bayern may the best team win and Spurs get relegated next season - I also hope they move to Stratford, the area and the team deserve each other :lol:

another PS - havnt built a successful academy? we won this seasons youth FA Cup - won it two years ago also
openside50
Getting the hang of it

Postby quaazi » Thu May 17, 2012 4:22 pm

and our manager isnt ugly
You let go of Villas-Boas months ago!
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Disco Benny » Thu May 17, 2012 4:22 pm

:D

Don't bother comparing us please. Chelsea are the biggest spenders in the history of the Premier League, even City still have some way to catch you. And that's just on transfers, chuck in the biggest wage bill of any club by some distance in the last 8 years.

Despite those stats, ask fans of any other Premier League club who have been the best sides in the league since the Prem began and nobody will vouch for Chelsea's title winning side over Arsenal's invincibles or Man United's 1999 treble winners.

Your club is despicable. Nouveau riche chavs, just like the "heroes" you look up to in John "I'll shag your wife" Terry and co.

Not even Arsenal, who are actually bordering on a respectable club, can hold a candle to what a horrible bunch of scallywags your club is, both on and off the field.

Enjoy your plastic flags and illiterate fanbase, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a blunt spoon than support such a slagheap of a club :lol: :lol:

(It's only fussball, so all of this is tongue in cheek at best :D )
Disco Benny
Getting the hang of it

Postby openside50 » Thu May 17, 2012 4:31 pm

no problem disco - when I say that no right minded person would risk visiting your hell hole of a stadium, located in a riot and mugging prone area set between dodgy council estates to the north south east and west - Im only joking too 8)

oh yeah and your manager isnt a tax dodging barrow boy

anyway back to the champions league final - an event that a certain north london club situated in a dodgy area has never even been near to partaking in - may the best team win - chelsea fans respect Bayerns history and tradition - hope its a great game
openside50
Getting the hang of it

Postby Disco Benny » Thu May 17, 2012 5:01 pm

I personally can't wait to see some of Chelsea's famed FA youth Cup winning players showing what they can do in the final!

All that money spent by a shady Russian billionaire - an individual obviously far less dodgy than a tax dodging barrow boy with a face made of rubber and nervous twitch - will make this a showpiece occasion.

One to warm the hearts of the many starving Russians who have watched their country's wealth being channelled into the back pockets of such fine upstanding global citizens as Cole, Drogba and Terry.

And once Bayern win and Chelsea are in the Europa League next season showing the likes of Wisla Krakow what spending 50million on one player can buy you, you certainly will NOT hear guffaws of laughter emanating across London from a location in a riot and mugging prone area, set between dodgy council estates to the north south east and west 8) :D
Disco Benny
Getting the hang of it

Postby openside50 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:13 pm

I can assure you disco that chelsea fans who wil have just witnessed their team play in their second Champions League final (remind me again how many your lot have been in) and also seen their team just win another FA Cup

Wont mind in the least not being in next years CL if Bayern should win that is - we unlike you arnt as arrogant as to believe its a divine right

Plus your lot havnt been in the CL apart from one year since god knows when and I havnt heard them whinging

Besides we could do with a year out of the limelight to reorganise, a few older players will be leaving to replaced with a few who are dying to come and play for us, like Modric etc

What with our new Battersea stadium in an iconic location oin the Thames lots of players will be - i daresay the lure of stratford might get some player interested in your mob too

As to Bayern - any injury worries chaps?

Looks like Malouda is out for us
openside50
Getting the hang of it

Postby quaazi » Thu May 17, 2012 5:14 pm

heeeeey, Krakow was in the CL playoffs before falling to the Europa League. :(
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby openside50 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:24 pm

ignore him quazzi - these tottenham fans are clueless about football

how is Ballack doing these days - we should have kept him for another year or two
he used to live near me in London by the way - used to see him in the local pub now and then

a nice part of london - unlike where spurs play - wimbledon :lol:
openside50
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League