You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.
 

Who will win?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Bayern
14
54%
Draw
9
35%
Fiorentina (Fiorentina go through)
0
No votes
Fiorentina (Bayern go through)
3
12%
 
Total votes : 26

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby dambun » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 pm

tappinho wrote:and how the heel didn't he succeed in touching the ball before Vargas in the first goal????


Exactly....
And he was involved in all three goals...
Either this is because of his recent injury or it's because he is not motivated enough after renewing his contract.
Here's the irony: I miss Demichelis!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
User avatar
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am
Location: Tehran, Iran
National Flag:
Iran
Has thanked: 862 times
Been thanked: 377 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 pm

LVG is a very good coach, and although I don't agree with some of his decisions and we've been playing average for the last few weeks, I still trust him, and have confidence that he'll make a great team out of Bayern.

However, I'll repeat what I last said in November. I think Klinsmann would do a better choice here. Say what you want, but it's clear that we needed to rebuild the team to have any chance of competing for titles, we did that and we're still struggling.

Klinsmann also had that "special thing" in CL matches. We played really good in all Europe games last year except at Camp Nou.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8768 times
Been thanked: 7367 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby dambun » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:However, I'll repeat what I last said in November. I think Klinsmann would do a better choice here. Say what you want, but it's clear that we needed to rebuild the team to have any chance of competing for titles, we did that and we're still struggling.


Yet there was something very wrong about him: He destructed the team's defensive structure, and failed to build one.
And you can't be successful over the long term with such defensing.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
User avatar
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am
Location: Tehran, Iran
National Flag:
Iran
Has thanked: 862 times
Been thanked: 377 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:06 am

Scholl is not on crack, I'm sorry, I think sometimes he just forgets to take his meds...comes with old age I guess...

You didn't address my post, you confused mine with somebody else.

By addressing Klose; He IS our best striker....what season you want to address? This season; he was injured again and again, he was benched for so long his shoes collected dust. He didn't get half as much playing time as other players. He also was playing when the team as a whole was doing garbage, prior to their little Juvi spell....if you recall, it was Gomez that was benched after his shit performance, until Klose was injured. Don't even talk about this season, Klose barely played. Even Ribery, because he was inconsistently playing he's STILL not up to his potential.

Last season? Klose was our leading scorer, 2nd in the Bundesliga, and first in the Champions LEague, until he ruptured his tendon and was out for the rest of the season.

The season before that? Him and Toni ring a bell? Remember Toni? Remember how Klose gave him all his chances? Remember how many goals Klose gives away to other players because he's unselfish?

REMEMBER THAT KLOSE IS THE SECOND HIGHEST SCORER FOR HISTORY OF ALL GERMANY?

Fkk outta here man, sometimes you just talk with no common logic. Saying our team is better than that of The Generals?? That is pure LAUGHABLE!

I'm done with you and your "black sheep" blaming....it's not like black sheep get blamed for no reason.

And before I let you go, I'll prove you that YES, "WE", average Joe's, can be smarter than the BRILLIANT people; would ANYBODY on this entire forum pay 30 Million for GOMEZ? Would we not have gotten better defenders?

Yes. Sometimes we can see more clearly than they can....and BTW, just look at our critique of the games, the "tactics" that we wanted to deploy such as starting to shoot from out the box...etc. etc. is exactly what's been working for us.

And you know what, I have one last thing...it's not JUST LVG that played our younger players brother....remember how well our young Germany NT did this year, kicked every ass out there for under 21, under 19...etc. So our youth product in general is kicking ass and there are tons to choose from.
Image
Join the Milk movement
User avatar
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:22 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby pabloenigma » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:34 am

EQ Kimball wrote:Scholl is not on crack, I'm sorry, I think sometimes he just forgets to take his meds...comes with old age I guess...

You didn't address my post, you confused mine with somebody else.

By addressing Klose; He IS our best striker....what season you want to address? This season; he was injured again and again, he was benched for so long his shoes collected dust. He didn't get half as much playing time as other players. He also was playing when the team as a whole was doing garbage, prior to their little Juvi spell....if you recall, it was Gomez that was benched after his shit performance, until Klose was injured. Don't even talk about this season, Klose barely played. Even Ribery, because he was inconsistently playing he's STILL not up to his potential.

Last season? Klose was our leading scorer, 2nd in the Bundesliga, and first in the Champions LEague, until he ruptured his tendon and was out for the rest of the season.

The season before that? Him and Toni ring a bell? Remember Toni? Remember how Klose gave him all his chances? Remember how many goals Klose gives away to other players because he's unselfish?

REMEMBER THAT KLOSE IS THE SECOND HIGHEST SCORER FOR HISTORY OF ALL GERMANY?

Fkk outta here man, sometimes you just talk with no common logic. Saying our team is better than that of The Generals?? That is pure LAUGHABLE!

I'm done with you and your "black sheep" blaming....it's not like black sheep get blamed for no reason.

And before I let you go, I'll prove you that YES, "WE", average Joe's, can be smarter than the BRILLIANT people; would ANYBODY on this entire forum pay 30 Million for GOMEZ? Would we not have gotten better defenders?

Yes. Sometimes we can see more clearly than they can....and BTW, just look at our critique of the games, the "tactics" that we wanted to deploy such as starting to shoot from out the box...etc. etc. is exactly what's been working for us.

And you know what, I have one last thing...it's not JUST LVG that played our younger players brother....remember how well our young Germany NT did this year, kicked every ass out there for under 21, under 19...etc. So our youth product in general is kicking ass and there are tons to choose from.



Actually Gomez is not pure trash,but Klose is 100 times better.And he is the only world class strike Germany had in 7-8 years and he is best for our formation(Muller and Olic like running on the wings...)
User avatar
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:03 am
Location: Kolkata,India
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby eddinanM3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:05 am

While I am not happy with the defensive lapses that Bayern had in the CL game with Fiorentina I am happy that we progressed. Butt and Van Buten had probably their worst games this season and both need to make sure that those type of mistakes don't happen again. I was doubting the selection of Alaba as a lot of people were, but LVG has a lot more balls and insight than I do and Alaba played way beyond his years and his composure and passing were a joy to watch. Not his natural position, but he did what he had to do and did it well. I got to give credit to the offense for battling back and the goals from MVB and Robben were both first class shots. LVG has us on track for some silverware this season and if the defense can pull together and tighten up again there is no reason we shouldn't take the Bundesliga and Pokal. The CL will be tough, but then it always is!
eddinanM3
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1012
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:15 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:37 pm

dambun wrote:Yet there was something very wrong about him: He destructed the team's defensive structure, and failed to build one.
And you can't be successful over the long term with such defensing.


This is true, but consider:
1) Last season, we had Rensing, so Klinsmann can't really be blamed alone for the number of goals conceded. He also didn't have the choice to use Butt because Rensing was promised the #1 spot, although Klinsi did drop Rensing in the end.
2) Tymo was also Klinsi's idea, which shows that he WAS planning on improving the defence, and he WASN'T happy with it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8768 times
Been thanked: 7367 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 pm

I already made the case for Klinsmann.

The real proof that it wasn't his fault, is the amount of money that the board alloted in getting new players. Otherwise, they'd just let LVG come in and do work.

Klinsmann didn't even do that bad, I don't blame him. He actually put Muller for his first CL play, and it was his first game ever.

Klinsmann is a great coach and I would rather have had him this season than LVG.

Also, remember how many injuries he delt with, and how Lell, Breno, and Ottl had to come in soooo many times. They were the combination platter of fkk-ups.

Though this season Ottl didn't do too bad when he played in the CDM position.
Image
Join the Milk movement
User avatar
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:22 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:58 pm

I also loved Klinsi because he was our player once...and I was so happy when I heard he is coming to our club.
And I dont think he did bad job here but he just needed more time to establish his philosophy.
Main reason he left was that players did not respect him much and they needed a change because of bad relationship in locker room...that was what Ulli said.

I wont say I love LVG...I was much happier when Hitzfeld came back to coach us...but hey if Scholl as coach brings us trophies and make us superpower I will love him for that...even tough he is not a half a coach that LVG is.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
User avatar
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 541 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby machkover » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:25 pm

shileno wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:. we have been winning by luck and sometimes with good football (Only against weak teams).
:^o
Lvg is human ; he makes mistakes but rarely .and i hope it won't be in decisive moments either in the bundesligua, CL or the cup .But be careful with what you say about luck.FcBayern is rather an inlucky team. go and count how many time we hit the woodworks!!And you must remember also that we beat hamburg, wolsburg dortmund ,to cite only these, and they are not weak at all .are they ?? [-X
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
User avatar
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:51 pm
Location: KAZABLANKA
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 40 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:05 am

machkover wrote:
shileno wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:. we have been winning by luck and sometimes with good football (Only against weak teams).
:^o
Lvg is human ; he makes mistakes but rarely .and i hope it won't be in decisive moments either in the bundesligua, CL or the cup .But be careful with what you say about luck.FcBayern is rather an inlucky team. go and count how many time we hit the woodworks!!And you must remember also that we beat hamburg, wolsburg dortmund ,to cite only these, and they are not weak at all .are they ?? [-X


I did not wrote that...you did not quote right:D...it is shileno who wrote that

And I agree with you...we are unluckiest team in BL with all the woodworks...we are dominating 99% of the matches...that 1% is when we dont need a win like against Fiorentina.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
User avatar
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 541 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:14 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:I already made the case for Klinsmann.

The real proof that it wasn't his fault, is the amount of money that the board alloted in getting new players. Otherwise, they'd just let LVG come in and do work.

Klinsmann didn't even do that bad, I don't blame him. He actually put Muller for his first CL play, and it was his first game ever.

Klinsmann is a great coach and I would rather have had him this season than LVG.

Also, remember how many injuries he delt with, and how Lell, Breno, and Ottl had to come in soooo many times. They were the combination platter of fkk-ups.

Though this season Ottl didn't do too bad when he played in the CDM position.

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Couldn't agree more with you. However, I won't say that I'm not happy with LVG. I think he's doing a terrific job here. It's just that some of his decisions are unexplainable, and he does like to take risks. Still, I think we will have a great era under LVG.

The only thing I have against LVG is that he's already dreaming of coaching the NT. He should be totally committed to the club. Which is one of the reasons I would prefer Klinsmann. Having a coach who is still young is sometimes better, because there is that possibility that he will stay at the same club for most (if not all) his career. Having the same coach, for 10, 15 or more years can be a huge advantage. Look at Man Utd and SAF.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31138
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8768 times
Been thanked: 7367 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby KAHN » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:32 am

11 Conclusions From The Match



1. Daniel Van Buyten either had plenty of coffee on Monday night to stay awake and watch a movie or he just forgot to show up for the tie. Last night, not too many fans were happy with the performance of the Belgian defender. He can be blamed partially for all the goals that Bayern conceded during the game.

Holger Badstuber on the other hand passed the ball to Marchionni in the first half. Marchionni struck the ball towards the Bayern goal. The shot was parried by Hans- Jorg Butt and eventually found its way to Juan Vargas, who blasted it into the goal. Almost each of his clearances led to throw-ins for Fiorentina.

2. A 17-year-old youngster outdid Philipp Lahm, Holger Badstuber and van Buyten yesterday. This 17-year-old was David Alaba, making his debut in the Champions League. He is a midfielder by trade, but Louis Van Gaal made him play as a left back last night for La Viola.

The Fiorentina skipper can either be called intelligent or courageous. He is probably intelligent, as he did the same with Diego Contento in the first leg which proved to be a wonderful decision.

3. Mark Van Bommel does not wear captain's armband for Bayern by accident despite all the criticism he receives. Last night, he proved why he is the perfect man for the job. His long balls weren't the best, but his strike had class written all over.

When Franck Ribery passed the ball to Van Bommel, the Bayern fans thought he would blast it over the post. Instead, he calmly slotted it into the net from outside the penalty area and started the fight back.

4. Bayern are simply half the team without Robben and Ribery. Last night, the two wingers caused havoc and left tottering Fiorentina defenders in their wake. Robben's wonderstrike only 72 seconds after Fiorentina's third goal is the reason why Bayern are still in the competition.

5. Miroslav Klose will finally be leading the line for Bayern unless of course, Van Gaal opts for Ivica Olic. Mario Gomez injured himself and had to be substituted only half an hour into the game. Klose didn't have much of the ball but still managed to trouble the Fiorentina central defensive pairing all night long.

6. Bayern are brilliant in attack but worse than Wigan in defense in the Champions League. The defense looked shaky all night long and if Bayern meet Barcelona in the quarters, expect them to go down 10-4 on aggregate because of that defense. I am not sure that Martin Demichelis would have improved the situation by much but would definitely have done a better job than the Belgian bull, Van Buyten.

7. Fiorentina, especially Stevan Jovetic and Marchionni played very well last night. There real undoing was a slight glitch in their tactics. They were defending the wings all night and Bayern at times decided to switch play to the centre. Bayern's goals were both scored from the centre of the pitch.

8. Hans-Jorg Butt might be blamed for the first goal. In reality, however, he saved Bayern's blushes. The point blank save that he made from Alberto Gilardino in the second half after Van Buyten and Badstuber had both missed the ball swung the tie in Bayern's favour. Had that got in, I doubt whether Bayern would have found a way back into the game.

Also, the first goal which Butt conceded forced Bayern to open up and play good football rather than merely send in long balls to the front men.

9. The Fiorentina fans expressed their unhappiness by labelling the Bayern players as "thieves" following the game. What they shouldn't forget is Bayern didn't rob them of a place in the last eight. Miro Klose's offside goal was cancelled out in a way by Jovetic's first today. Alberto Gilardino was offside when he played the ball to Jovetic to finish off the chance. Also, the Bayern defense gave them enough chances to progress.

If the fans have to blame someone then they can blame themselves and Tom Henning Ovrebo. They should have more respect for the opposition. Sections of the crowd were even booing at Alaba to make him nervous. The Allianz Arena crowd would never do such a thing.

10. Bastian Schweinstieger must have been cursing himself after the game. He blatantly brushed Jovetic in the face in the first half and got a yellow card. He will miss the first leg of the quarterfinals. If Bayern meets a very good attacking side, Schweini's presence will be missed.

11. This match could be looked at in a negative manner by Bayern due to the comedy of errors in defense. However, a big positive point came out of the game. With a little spirit and some individual talent, anything is possible. Almost every Bayern supporter must have thought that their team was down and out, but they fought back and claimed their spot in the last eight.

by Samrin Hasib
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
User avatar
KAHN
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:59 am
National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro
Has thanked: 550 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Gender: Male

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:38 am

I like bleacherreport its a great website for bayern articles.
SoStronk.com
User avatar
Aequitas1987
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:50 am
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 161 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [09-03-10] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby enjee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:52 pm

LVG is a very good coach and I think he will become meister this year, but I don't think he will come very far in the CL when he meets a real top-club.

Next year he will be certainly meister and if Ribery decides to stay, he might even get a chance at the CL.

If you look at his previous clubs, he gained the most results in his 2nd and 4th year. In the start it's not a perfect team yet, I can't wait to see Bayern next year
enjee
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests