You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-05] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Fiorentina will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
44%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 16

[2008-11-05] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:38 pm

We've won the home game 3-0, and Fiorentina will be out for revenge. What are your thoughts?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-11-05] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Fiorentina forward Alberto Gilardino was disappointed that his ban appeal failed, but has promised he will be at his best for next week's Champions League clash with Bayern Munich...

Alberto Gilardino was originally banned for two matches following a handball offence that resulted in a goal in the Viola's last match against Palermo, which Fiorentina ended up winning by a score of 3-1.

Fiorentina appealed the decision, but the ban was upheld by the Federal Court and Gilardino has revealed his disappointment at their decision.

"Alright, so they did not understand. I told them on television, as well as before the court today, that the use of my hand was inadvertant," explained a disillusioned Gilardino, who is currently leading the Serie A in goal-scoring for this season..

The suspension means the former Parma player will miss the Serie A matches against Inter on Wednesday and Siena on this upcoming weekend. However, Gilardino has vowed to be ready for the next match he is eligable to play in the Champions League. "I will say that I can better prepare and be at my best for the match against Bayern Munich," he revealed.

Certainly, Fiorentina will be keen to seeing their striker on the pitch again as he has had a great season so far. His presence will surely be missed in these two upcoming matches.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 am

ACF Fiorentina have denied reports suggesting Adrian Mutu needs a knee operation after the striker was rested for Wednesday's scoreless draw against FC Internazionale Milano, although the Viola have confirmed that the Romanian international requires "about four weeks to completely recover from his injury".

No operation
Mutu scored 17 Serie A goals last term, but has registered just three so far this season as he continues to struggle with a knee complaint. Rather than going under the knife, however, the 29-year-old will continue a tailored rehabilitation programme which does not involve surgery, according to club doctor Paolo Manetti. He said: "Cesare Prandelli will decide whether or not to field him on a case-by-case basis over the next month."

Duo return
Mutu may therefore be used in Fiorentina's two UEFA Champions League games in November – home ties against FC Bayern München on Wednesday and Olympique Lyonnais three weeks later – while being rested for selected domestic matches. Coach Prandelli said: "I don't know if he'll be available for our league fixture on Sunday [at AC Siena]. We also have to think about the Bayern match which is very important." The Italian side are third in Group F on two points, five behind the German champions. Meanwhile, Juan Manuel Vargas and Massimo Gobbi are available again after shaking off minor injuries which kept them out of the Inter game.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Re: [2008-11-01] Bayern Munich vs Arminia Bielefeld

Postby ballackfcb » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:50 pm

ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:49 pm

Well obviously thats a major blow , simply his presence is very important up there in attack and we saw in the first match how much respect the Fiorentina players still have for him , I'm thinking maybe playing Ribery slitely behind Klose in attack would be a good idea , and give Kroos or any other midfielder the chance in the middle of the pitch instead of the totally ineffective Lukas "I-love-scoring-in-the-white-german-national-team-jersey-but-I-kinda-dont-like-the-bavarian-red-one" Podolski.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:27 am

Im thinking Bayern will pull off a narrow win, due to the momentum they currently have. Hopefully podolski plays well, and Klose continues his great form. If not a win, Id be happy enough with a draw, beating Fiorentina at home 3-0, and drawing at home inst an effort to be scoffed at. Having said that, Bayern needs to win in order to secure a place in the knockout rounds.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Ohh, if Bayern wins and Lyon draw/lose, we will have 10 points, Bayern will have 10 points, Lyon 5 or 6, Viola 2, Steaua 4 or 2, so Bayern will almost secure knockouts. Amazing CL season so far. Toni and Ribery are two players, who have the most fouls suffered this season. :o Ok, that was bit off topic.

Positive for Bayern- Only one goal conceded. Most possession time[30 mins- 53%], most corners, less fouls committed, most fouls suffered, less yellow cards.
Negative- we have most offsides. and thats all. Totally deserved 1st place, true?

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:17 pm

They lost to Siena today, so that's good, but according to the stats they should've won. I've got a good feeling about this game though. We're clearly in even better shape than we were last time and with early qualification to the next round on the line the team will be motivated to put in another good performance. In the context of the whole season so far I'd be happy with a point, but in light of our recent form I think we've got a great chance to pick up three. My only thought on the team we should send out is that assuming Toni isn't playing, I hope Poldi starts. Of course Klose will be there and 4-5-1 is ok, but after finally having a good outing Lukas will be feeling more confident and for some reason I think we may see a big game from him on Wednesday!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:25 am

Lukas Podolski should start... He is good player, but have lack of confidence.

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:17 pm

I think the formation used against Bielfield is good. Was it 3 attacking midfielders behind a sole striker (Klose)? I think Ze in LB is pretty good. Gilardino and Mutu are players to be watched. 4-5-1 is cool. 4-4-2 is also cool. I am very optimistic about this match. A 2-0 win is likely, though I wanted Toni to play. I was waiting for him to score against Fiorentina since last year's UEFA Cup. I know it's a little off-topic, but do you think we will/can win the CL?
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby reiniksrobis » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:39 pm

YES, only TV channel in our country[without special channels], who shows CL in TV, will show Viola-Bayern Wednesday. :) I am so happy. Otherwise, I should watch it on internet again. :)

Raphael, I hope, that this club will be Bayern, Arsenal or Villarreal, but Chelsea are favorites.

reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:30 pm

On the back of the 3-1 win over Arminia Bielefeld, Bayern Munich director Uli Hoeneß has turned his attention towards the upcoming Champions League game against Fiorentina.

Bayern look in good stead to qualify for the next round, having collected seven points from the first three games, including a eye-catching 3-0 victory over Luca Toni's ex-club in the last round.

Many are harking back towards the glory days, but Hoeneß is refusing to get carried away with the early results.

"Our priority was to qualify from the group, and it looks like we can do that," he said. "We're through if we avoid defeat in Florence; we'll have a great chance of progressing.

"But then it comes down to the luck of the draw, so I'm never going to set a target of reaching the final. We'd never be so arrogant as to claim we can see off anyone who crosses our path."

Crocked Toni, meanwhile, is set to miss out on a return to the Stadio Artemio Franchi on Wednesday evening.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:21 pm

One point should see us through to the second round, we should remember that, having said that controlling the match is what we need to do not over defending.

4-4-2 with 2 holding midfielders should do the job i think.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 pm

With a draw we would almost be through , and with a win we would definitely be through if Steaua doesnt win in France , which isnt gonna happen.So if this isnt motivation enough for the 11 guys on the pitch tomorrow I dont know what would be.I'm expecting them all to give their best and I think playing this 4-5-1 system at the beginning of the match would be very wise , as I think that they're gonna be in attack the whole time in the first half , its their last chance to get something out of this group and possibly make it to the knock-out stage , so they will be concentrating on offense at home and therefor I think having a solid midfield is very important as our defense hasnt been looking too good the last couple of weeks.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:06 am

MrLinky wrote:With a draw we would almost be through , and with a win we would definitely be through if Steaua doesnt win in France , which isnt gonna happen.So if this isnt motivation enough for the 11 guys on the pitch tomorrow I dont know what would be.I'm expecting them all to give their best and I think playing this 4-5-1 system at the beginning of the match would be very wise , as I think that they're gonna be in attack the whole time in the first half , its their last chance to get something out of this group and possibly make it to the knock-out stage , so they will be concentrating on offense at home and therefor I think having a solid midfield is very important as our defense hasnt been looking too good the last couple of weeks.

how good would it be if we score couple of goals in the first 15 mins, the way the national team did in the 2006 world cup score in the first few mins and then control the match. :mrgreen:
shwas55
I post all the time

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League