You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-05] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:38 pm

Fiorentina will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
44%
Bayern Munich will win
56%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2008-11-05] Fiorentina vs Bayern Munich

Postby MrLinky » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:03 pm

What is pretty impressive is the fitness of the players , they are able to put the opponent under pressure even in the last minutes of the match , we saw that in several matches lately , Klinsmann did a good job there , but in terms of tactics , defensive work and creativity he still has a lot of work left to do.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:21 pm

The good thing is that we are getting the results even if we are not playing so well. This is what makes a team like Chelsea superior than Arsenal. Chelsea is always grinding the results and they win even if they play worst than the opposition. Arsenal on the other hand needs to play great football (which they very often do), otherwise they loose. If we can just improve our game a little more I think we can be contenders...I agree with the fitness comment, Mr. Linky, which will be very important on the long run if we can keep it up.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:34 pm

walter wrote:MUTU, I guess your worst nightmare did come true...you scored against Bayern!!! :mrgreen:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:39 pm

That wasn't our best offensive display, but I thought we controlled the game pretty well. By the end of the game the team was playing some coherent attacking football (what else is new?) and once we equalized I was sure we would win it. We really got screwed with that goal of theirs, that represented the worst of the game. Rensing did pretty well, I wish he could keep some clean sheets though. These odd goals are costing us. That said, we're still in a great position to advance. I'm sure there's a point for us somewhere in these last two games. 8)
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hawkeye » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:01 am

This is goal.com's player rating for the match.

Fiorentina:

Frey: 6.5 - Was tested four times and made three saves, only one of which - Podolski's 68th minute effort - was impressive.

Gobbi: 7.5 - Like Zauri, Gobbi was solid on both ends. He was always back on the defensive end, but still managed to provide service to the forwards. Took a great deal of pressure from the wingers' shoulders.

Gamberini: 5.0 - Caught napping as Ribery's ball fell to Borowski for the equaliser. Otherwise, for the most part, he neutralized Klose and Podolski.

Dainelli: 5.5 - Also stood flat-footed while Borowski equalised, but the coverage was not his responsibility. His partnership with Gamberini did well to stop the striking duo of "Die Mannschaft."

Zauri: 8.0 - Neutralised Ribery before the Frenchman began to switch sides and provided excellent service into the penalty area, including the ball that Gilardino nodded on for Mutu's opener.

Kuzmanovic: 5.0 - Didn't do enough for his team,and put far too much pressure on Gobbi.. Perhaps Kuzmanovic's poor performance accentuated Gobbi's quality The only thing that kept him from receiving a 4 was the fact that his defensive work (combined with Gobbi's) kept Schweinsteiger and Ribery quiet for most of the match.

Melo: 7.0 - A rock in front of the back four, and one of the reasons why Borowski, Schweinsteiger and Ribery had difficulties in the centre. Also provided an excellent long ball to Gilardino on 47 minutes that should have resulted in a 2-0 lead for Fiorentina.

Montolivo: 5.0 - Like Kuzmanoivc, but an even more extreme case. Was hardly ever involved on offense and put too much pressure on Zauri. One of the only notes I wrote for him reads: "pulverised Schweini's face/lower leg".

Santana: 6.0 - I'm disappointed he left the pitch so early. In the first half, the Argentine did what Montolivo wouldn't: exploit the gap on the right flank that was left in Ze Roberto's wake. Sent two good crosses to Gilardino, who was denied on both occasions. Also had a 1-on-1 with Rensing late in the first half, but was denied by one of Lucio's seemingly extendable legs.

Gilardino: 8.5 - His team's best player. Why an 8.5 for a striker who didn't score? It wasn't his fault. He took 6 shots, 3 of which were on target. Each of the three shots he took easily could have been goals if not for Rensing's fine form. Aside from that, he put forth more effort than anyone else on his team and assisted Mutu's goal. Top marks for the Italian international.

Mutu: 7.5 - His fine finish produced the opener, his 56th minute header came close and his long-ranged effort was tricky. Otherwise, the Romanian had a so-so performance.

Substitutes:

Almiron: 4.0 - Cesare Prandelli was foolish to bring him on for Santana. Almiron failed to make any impact.

Osvaldo: n/a - Was on the pitch for 10 minutes. Didn't score, but hardly had a chance.

Bayern:

Rensing: 8.5 - His team's best player. Made three excellent saves of Gilardino's efforts, and superbly dealt with a long-ranged Mutu effort.

Ze Roberto: 3.0/7.0 - The 3.0 was for his first half performance. He was ineffective on the offensive end except for his 22nd minute off-target header. Then again, what was he doing in front of goal? His inexperience at left-back became apparent; at times, it seemed as though he thought he was in his usual central midfield role. Was often caught out of position, leaving acres of space available on the left flank. The 7.0 was for his second half performance. He kept to his position and linked well with Ribery and Kroos, especially in the closing minutes.

Demichelis: 6.5 - The Argentine had his ups and downs. At times appeared to be a rock in the back line as he effectively challenged anyone who dared pass him. However, he was needlessly beaten by Santana in the 43rd minute, and Fiorentina had a number of opportunities on goal.

Lucio: 7.0 - Also produced mixed results. His tackle on Santana in the 43rd minute was incredible and surely saved Bayern from going two goals behind. On the other hand, Gilardino and Mutu threatened several times...

Oddo: 4.5 - Assisted first half shots from Klose, Schweinsteiger and Ze Roberto, but was needlessly beaten by Mutu for the opener. Otherwise, was not for Schweinsteiger what Gobbi was for Kuzmanovic.

Ribery: 8.0 - Astonishingly, he was only fouled three times! Although he was shut out for most of the first half, his commitment reaped rewards after the break. Was in some way involved in most of his team's shots, and provided the ball that deflected to Borowski for the equaliser.

Van Bommel: 6.5 - Played in his usual behind-the-scenes role and did well. His hard tackles prevented breakaways, and he was always in position to support Lucio and Demichelis.

Borowski: 7.0 - Bayern's hero. Nearly assisted Podolski on 68 minutes, and scored the equaliser. Otherwise, it was a quiet match for the ex-Werder midfielder.

Schweinsteiger: 5.5 - Unlike most of his teammates, was active in the first half only to fall off the face of the earth in the second half. Had two good chances to score, but missed the target on both occasions.

Podolski: 6.0 - It's hard to be comprehensive with just a number. In the first half, he was useless. Then, after the 60th minute, he sprang to life. His 68th minute effort was only denied by an excellent save, and twice he provided Klose with gilt-edged opportunities.

Klose: 6.0 - As with Podolski, he's tough to rate. His tireless efforts should not go unnoticed:;with Podolski in a more wide or withdrawn role, Klose did well to link with the midfielders and his striking compatriot. That said, he had a few great chances that he flat-out missed.

Subsitutes:

Kroos- n/a

Ottl- n/a

I thought you guys might be interested, does anyone agree or disagree? Im from Australia, and this match was shown on free to air TV here. I must say, the so called "experts" on TV slammed Bayern after the match. Terms like "uncreative" "slow" and "disorganized" were thrown about. I was pretty angry. The were saying that Bayern's equalizer was undeserved, that Bayern was a team that people would "love to hate" etc, etc, etc. Again and again, the criticism came from these imbeciles, who played a few matches for Dynamo Tbilisi in Georgia (I say that with the utmost respect for Georgian teams). Not that I mind honest and fair criticism, but they were basically saying that Bayern were cr*p and that they wanted to see Bayern lose. I thought the media was meant to be neutral. What do u think? was Bayern so bad that they deserved to be criticized so harshly, by a bunch of cynical "experts". You could literally see the disappointment in their eyes when they were analyzing the match afterward. Same thing happened after the Miracle of Getafe.
Sorry to rant on like this, but I was pretty incensed after the match, and wanted to know you're respective opinions.
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby shwas55 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:13 am

Hawkeye wrote:
I thought you guys might be interested, does anyone agree or disagree? Im from Australia, and this match was shown on free to air TV here. I must say, the so called "experts" on TV slammed Bayern after the match. Terms like "uncreative" "slow" and "disorganized" were thrown about. I was pretty angry. The were saying that Bayern's equalizer was undeserved, that Bayern was a team that people would "love to hate" etc, etc, etc. Again and again, the criticism came from these imbeciles, who played a few matches for Dynamo Tbilisi in Georgia (I say that with the utmost respect for Georgian teams). Not that I mind honest and fair criticism, but they were basically saying that Bayern were cr*p and that they wanted to see Bayern lose. I thought the media was meant to be neutral. What do u think? was Bayern so bad that they deserved to be criticized so harshly, by a bunch of cynical "experts". You could literally see the disappointment in their eyes when they were analyzing the match afterward. Same thing happened after the Miracle of Getafe.
Sorry to rant on like this, but I was pretty incensed after the match, and wanted to know you're respective opinions.

I was in Australia during Euro 2008 and i watched some matches on Australian channel i think it was call BBS or SBS or somthing like that. there were few so called experts on that channel who with all due respect to all Australians are just idiots they know nothing about football, i remember them well cuz i wanted to punch couple of them after Germany Vs portugal match when they failed to give Germany credit for their win, they said Germany were lucky and didnt deserve to beat portugal even though on that day we played the best football and controlled the match from the start till the final whistle.

There was that idiot with the white hair he was like the host or something, the other guy who they call him the chief analyst, then a guy with eastern european name who they used to say played for a german team in the second division, and a bald guy.
I wouldnt worry much about their opinions cuz from the times i heard them i thought they knew nothing about football, they are the type of idiots who think that football is all about attacking and scoring goals, teams shouldnt defend cuz if they do that means they are playing boring football that dont deserve to win any match. and from the way they analyzed Germanys matches i thought they really hated the german teams, they are just like the english always fail to give credit to German teams when its due.
Having said all that we were lacking creativity up to the 65th min but after that we attacked in waves and deserved to score and we should have got the winner, but we should forgetnt the Fiorentina could have put the match beyond us in the first half
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:10 pm

Well everytime they say that i just remember what was during 1999 ^^
That is football and that is what today football missing.Before was more that moments "miracle".
And btw experts from Australia :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League