You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Porto will win
11%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
76%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Postby Jorge » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Hedel Fiffers wrote: P.S.: True I am a Porto supporter, a portuguese one, born in Porto, raised in Porto, and I truly despise glory hunters, how many of you are Bayern fans for over 10 years when the team wasn't what it is now? Support your local teams, how can someone from Uruguay or India support a club that's not in their blood, that is not the identity of their dna? Glory I suppose, thats why Porto supporters are the image of the team, brave warriors, proud of their team win or lose. How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

Let me make 3 points:
- I am a Bayern supporter since the 1970's, that's more than 40 years now; so based on your logic some of us are over-qualified to opine.
- I refuse to give up my rights as citizen of the world (I live in the USA but lived in other countries before and my parents had different nationalities) to let others pick what team I should root for.
- I have met thousands of Germans in my life, believe me that I never met a single one as arrogant as Cristiano Ronaldo (a Portuguese) for example.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:25 pm

MUTU wrote:
krisopi4eto1 wrote:We shouldn't complain about the ref's mistakes. It happens.

Well, they weren't blatant mistakes, but you know I still have bad taste. The reason is that I cannot comprehend why, from so many cities in Europe, they have to choose one hailing from the ONLY city in Europe that still has 2 clubs competing in the same competition. Yes, the referee is from Madrid, which implies that there's a very, very, very big chance that he sympathizes either Atletico or Real. If it's the latter, then he probably doesn't quite stand Guardiola. Yes, you try to be neutral and fair, but who knows?

krisopi4eto1 wrote:What we need to complain is our team's performance. Im not a guy who rants at the manager for a loss, but let's be realistic. Everyone knows how to beat Bayern(counter-attacks, high pressure and of course the bus) and Pep hasn't done anything to try work throught the problems. We saw what happened against Wolfsburg, Gladbach and now Porto. Pep must try to solve those problems or we will never win the Champions League again.

I have to disagree with you on this. The three goals came from individual mistakes, which cannot be attributed to tactical failures. In fact, the only thing I can think Guardiola did wrongly is allow Alonso to act as last man at times, the same player he himself called "the worst defender in the world".
I'm talking in general. And for this game we didn't do anything attacking-wise and I'm not sure if its the players that can't do anything or something else. When Rode came our attacks got better. Gotze was just useless. His job is to create chances and he doesn't do that.
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:39 pm

krisopi4eto1 wrote: When Rode came our attacks got better. Gotze was just useless. His job is to create chances and he doesn't do that.

For me, Rode never make the difference on the pitch, just substitute a tired player, if Bayern got better on attack were because after Porto score the third goal, they concede us the ball, they concentrate in defend the result and allow Bayern to possess the ball, and this what made me sad about yesterday, that in the second half we won possession because Porto give to us, but we could suffer more if they tried to look for the fourth goal.

We really lost the battle of possession in the second half.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Pittbay » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Hedel Fiffers wrote: P.S.: True I am a Porto supporter, a portuguese one, born in Porto, raised in Porto, and I truly despise glory hunters, how many of you are Bayern fans for over 10 years when the team wasn't what it is now? Support your local teams, how can someone from Uruguay or India support a club that's not in their blood, that is not the identity of their dna? Glory I suppose, thats why Porto supporters are the image of the team, brave warriors, proud of their team win or lose. How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I think it's an interesting discussion. For me personally, I am from the USA and I've supported bayern since 2010: yes, less than your 10 year obligation period :D . However, I have German heritage, so I root for Germany an addition to USA. No, I don't speak German, nor do I know much about German history and culture, but it is in my blood. Since Lahm, Scweinsteiger, Klose, Muller, and Badstuber all played for Bayern, I started following them too. To be honest, I had no idea who Bayern even was at the time, much less that they were one Champion's League final away from winning a treble in 2010.

The point of all this is, who you root for doesn't have to be an emotional thing (i.e. from a sense of identity from a local team.) You can use your rational mind as well. True, I chose to root for Germany and later Bayern because of my German heritage, but my German family wasn't Bavarian. They came from a tiny village that is a lot closer to Frankfurt, Dortmund, or Köln than Munich. In the USA too, there aren't any sports teams at all from where I was born (again, a tiny town.)

There's no need to go making generalizations about other club's fans and, in reality, there isn't really much of a point.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm

It is an interesting discussion, but we've had it far too many times. We always knew people would label us as glory hunters if we ever became one of the best again.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernSupporter » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MoFattal wrote:It really hurts to stare at elimination after a good promising season, and that is because of horrendous individual errors. We have to turn this around next week.

No questions asked.

Players: remember 3-0 down at Old Trafford

We had Robben...
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
BayernSupporter
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Pittbay » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It is an interesting discussion, but we've had it far too many times. We always knew people would label us as glory hunters if we ever became one of the best again.

Very true. The curse of not being born in a country of a top European team...
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:58 pm

BayernSupporter wrote:We had Robben...

Christ, everything about those two games was legendary...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:11 pm

A magic moment when the ball was getting down to Robben from Ribery pass in the corner.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby nm462272 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:22 pm

The "curse" of being a top team... there will be glory hunters. For me, it doesn't matter if someone supports Bayern from Munich or from the South Pole. As long as they follow the team, know the players and tactics, understand the history, and stick with the team through losses, they are just as much a fan as anyone else.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:44 pm

quaazi wrote:
BayernSupporter wrote:We had Robben...

Christ, everything about those two games was legendary...

Two guys who made CL final real immediately after Klinsmann.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:21 am

As many of you said, it were those BIG individual mistakes that led us to this embarrasing defeat.

But with our currently injury situation I don't think we are much better than Porto.

Why?

Because individually our players are surely still much better but not as a team. Because the lineup and tactics that we used against Porto is completely new with so many important players missing. And just look at our midfield. Thiago just came back after 1 year, Lahm just came back after 4 months and Xabi Alonso is in the worst form of his career

Not to mention how predictable we are when Robbery is not on the field or how poor our bench was. Also I think that Götze was injured and that's why he was replaced. #-o

So we should be nº1 candidates to win the CL because of the squad we have, but our current available players are really far from being the nº1 contender.

-----------------

And I think we were unlucky with the referee, but that shouldn't be an excuse because it was the opposite in the return leg against Shakhtar.

IMO both Jackson vs Xabi and Neuer vs Jackson are the same play. So both are foul or none of them should be called.

Jackson vs Xabi: The Colombian hits the ball first, and then tackles Xabi Alonso.
Neuer vs Jackson: Neuer hits the ball first and then tackles Jackson

So IMO it shouldn't have been a penalty because

A: Both are fouls, but Jackson's comes first
B: None of them are fouls
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:05 am

YlonenXabi wrote:

A: Both are fouls, but Jackson's comes first
B: None of them are fouls

Both are different, Jackson touch the ball first, but he really take advantage of the ball after tackle Xabi, if he didn't tackle him, Alonso would be better positioning to recover the ball.

And from Neuer, he touch the ball first, the ball go behind Jackson, and the contact was cause by the inertia of Neuer movement.

Only one foul exist in both plays and was from Jackson after tackle Xabi. Neuer made his job and there no exist foul for his reaction.

But apart of this incident, we lost because the second half, it was an opportunity to correct and we just played worst..... :?

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:33 am

So what was that secret training session before the match all about? :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RAJBAYERN » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:Bayern players from nowhere can score 7 goals in a single match. Rest 90 more minutes so be calm guys until end this nightmare.

I dont say they will score a lot of goals, but some days they are inspire, so just wait if next tuesday is one inspire day from them.

And it was one of those inspire days.!!

Super bayern Super Bayern Hey Hey!!!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League