You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Porto will win
11%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
76%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Postby Lukas » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:58 pm

I support my Dad's team here in England. They're traditional lower leagues, with a couple of recent years in the PL, but probably not for much longer. I could have supported my hometown team, Leeds, and when I first became interested in football they were in the top 4 and a CL semi final (2001 :D ,although Bayern and Germany meant nothing to me at that point)

I believe this entitles me to support a more successful team as well, but I could never support another English club. When I started learnign German at school, and the German way of life and culture alongside it, I became interested in German football, my teacher was a Bayern fan, I went to Munich on a school trip, visited the stadium, bought things from the shop, and that was it

I went back to live in Munich last year during my compulsory year in Germany as part of my uni course and went to five first team matches and most second team matches as that was an easier way to support Bayern without the expense difficulty getting first team tickets. If the Porto guy comes back and reads this I hope he's satisfied
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Hedel Fiffers wrote:So you mean to say that glory hunting runs in your blood then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for taking my point even further! :mrgreen:

Listen, I get it. You are playing the locals card. You should know, though, you're not the first one coming here with the moral superiority argument who chose to support a club just because your parents had sex a few kilometers down the road.

A local fan who chooses to pay a lot less to watch his beloved team every other week personally is great. Some people here would give up his home to move anywhere near Frottmaning to watch Bayern play if it was something remotely possible.

So you being a local fan supporting a local club isn't being more or better, it is just sex . . . And geography.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zamir92 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Be positive. 1. We got an important away goal. 2. The nxt leg is a home game. 3. Key players will possibly return. 4. I think the team will learn from the childish mistakes and will b more concentrated. Don't forget Porto only capitalized on our mistakes. All 3 ofthem. They did no effort to create chances. We did and got a goal back #miasanmia.
zamir92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:07 pm

That guy has one heck of a siege mentality - prince valiant against the big bad world. It's not worth wasting so much lines on such a self righteous person. He still lives in the time of besieged castles and brave warriors. I bet he still wakes up sweating when he dreams about how the German orcs shredded their beloved nymph Ronalda just 10 months ago.

A true fan understands that support is like a wheel...sometimes you're high up and at other times you are in the mud.

Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:20 pm

endrity wrote:Don't feed the troll guys.

There are pretty good reasons to support "foreign" teams. Most often it's because world class football is only played in about 5-6 leagues in Europe due to economic and size differences between countries. I come from a small country, I will never see my local club in the Champions League group stage, let alone aim to win it. That's fine by me, I am very happy when they win the domestic league because that's their Champions League, the highest goal they can achieve. But I also enjoy watching football, especially the very highest level of it, and due to various circumstances I started following Bayern in the mid '90s and I became a fan.

It's also very typical in my country to be a fan of another national team during international competitions, and the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Germany do have a following around the world, even if it's not their country. As you can imagine, I root for the germans. The reason? To piss of my dad who was a great Holland fan since he grew up watching Ajax and Cruyff in the 70s.

Now some call this gloryhunting, which it is if people don't support the team during the lean times. Other call it the natural process by which people are attracted to beautiful football. There is no coincidence that Liverpool has a huge following around the world, even though it's 3 decades since they were the top dogs in Europe. I would call that type of fan group the complete opposite of gloryhunting.

The same as in our situation... I support my local team whenever possible even in Uefa Competitions but we will never make it farther than a 2nd round or maybe with some magic to a 3rd R.
PS I am an official member with FC Bayern too...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm

My hometown doesn't even have a football team. Not even an amateur one. :(
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:33 pm

runaway wrote:How many local boys are playing in your team by the way? For someone who proudly rubs his locality to international fans, I hope your club nurtures local Portisans.

As of now? Ruben Neves who played yesterday and is only 18, a really hot prospect, also Gonçalo Paciencia who was dropped at the last minute against Bayern, and we do have a B team which contains a lot of local players and they are in line to get to the first team. Next season we will have more in the first team as we got back players who were formed here, Sergio Oliveira and André André. This is the way to go, with 3rd party pass sharing being banned, we do need to return to our roots. And we have splendid youngsters.

Aside from the other discussion, I would like to hear your insight about Porto's weekness, what might be exploitable in Allianz Arena by Bayern :D
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Never seen a game riddled with so many mistakes....unacceptable
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:44 pm

MoFattal wrote:It really hurts to stare at elimination after a good promising season, and that is because of horrendous individual errors. We have to turn this around next week.

No questions asked.

Players: remember 3-0 down at Old Trafford
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:27 pm

It has gone a bit off-topic here.

So my 2 cents about the game:
It wasn't a good or even average display, and here I am not talking about the blunders. The blunders I will call bad luck, or call it a black day, once in a while staff like that happen.

But on what we produced on the field that justifies the result. It was a deserved win for Porto. They fought hard, defended well and if not for Neuer it could have gone much worse. The second half was the worse football I have seen this season, well sort of. We didn't engage much in duels, had no fighting spirit and even after the 2-1 we didn't manage to impose our game. So, nothing to say. You don't create chances you don't score, no rocket science here.

The injuries hit us in a very delicate moment. And here I only refer to Robben and Alaba, the rest of positions is manageable. We play very different football without our killer wingers, especially Robben. Yesterday we needed that a lot.

I don't thing Guardiola could do much either, there was no bench left. And if not for so many blunders we could be still ok for the second leg. However he could have mixed up a bit there as we were too predictable, and they kept pressing the last three on the first touch. Martinez was very smart on that keeping the distance and attacking the defenders as soon as the ball was on their way. They inflicted on them a lot of stress and it led to several misplaced passes. Got to give'em credit for that. A blunder happen for a reason after all. And by the way, is it only me or we suck at both ends in corners, boy it is like you get a corner and you know nothing is going to happen, or when you defend one..very scary.

So all in all, chapeau to Porto, they showed a fighting spirit and got their reward. So no injustice here so far.

For the return leg, I guess it is doable, absolutely doable if we had our best XI on the pitch, but smth needs to change in terms of how the coach and the team will approach the game. The absence of their best fullbacks is a boost and might compensate for our injuries, but I hope at least Ribery will be back. I don't want to see a Schweini + Alonso combo, I don't believe in that anymore.

So bottom line, we were unlucky with all the injuries, but if we can't see past Porto at this stage, be it blunders or not, then this is it and we don't deserve to be called challengers for the title. At the end games are won on the pitch. I give it a 30% chance that we will make it through, if we were to play with the same squad as yesterday. Let's hope. what is most frustrating is that we still haven't solved the CB issue to play the Guardiola system, but that will be exposed if we qualify and meet Madrid later.
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:05 pm

Still it's not enough after his disaster in 2015. We MUST bench him!
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby zamir92 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:44 pm

“In theory, if you keep the ball for an entire match, you cannot concede a goal. In reality, a team with 20% possession can still beat you.” – Julen Lopetegui in Champions Matchday.

Anyone agree with this quote?
zamir92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:47 pm

zamir92 wrote:“In theory, if you keep the ball for an entire match, you cannot concede a goal. In reality, a team with 20% possession can still beat you.” – Julen Lopetegui in Champions Matchday.

You cannot keep the ball for an entire match, because the opponent needs to kick off either at the very start of the match or first thing in the 2nd half. If it's the only time they have possession, it will also mean you lost (own goal) or drew (0-0) unless you score at the very end of either half, not giving the opponents time to resume the match the centre of the pitch. Therefore, the first sentence trying to be theoretical is void. The second sentence is just an obvious observation.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zamir92 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:57 pm

MUTU wrote:
zamir92 wrote:“In theory, if you keep the ball for an entire match, you cannot concede a goal. In reality, a team with 20% possession can still beat you.” – Julen Lopetegui in Champions Matchday.

You cannot keep the ball for an entire match, because the opponent needs to kick off either at the very start of the match or first thing in the 2nd half. If it's the only time they have possession, it will also mean you lost (own goal) or drew (0-0) unless you score at the very end of either half, not giving the opponents time to resume the match the centre of the pitch. Therefore, the first sentence trying to be theoretical is void. The second sentence is a no-brainer.

Great opinion mutu , hope pep can do something in the second leg , not just win the possesion ,
zamir92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League