You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Porto will win
11%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
76%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:51 am

So... I'm not a proper supporter because I only invest up to 100 euros per year towards Bayern?

I... can you even understand what you're saying?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby runaway » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 am

“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:58 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:So my family who supprted a club that didnt win nothing for 18 years is hunting... glory? What a idiot thing to say... I support my team since I can remember so how is that glory hunting? I dont have 2 teams, I never changed my support to another team, win or lose, so how is that glory hunting? :lol: You sir are a bit on the dumb side.

Oh, 18 years without a title. That's bad. Tell me, how many out of the other 18 clubs in your city have ever won a title in their whole history? Whichever way you try to twist it, both you and your father started supporting not only the most successful club in your city (out of the 19 or so clubs in the city) but also the most successful club in the country at the time. Your only excuse is that you live close by. Not everyone is blessed enough to live close by to a team that plays attractive football.

You see, it's easy to point fingers towards others, but remember when you point your finger, you have 3 fingers pointing back towards you ;)

You chose to support the most successful team in close proximity to you.
Most of us here chose to support Bayern because we fell in love with their playing style. We went international, but we didn't just go for the most successful club internationally, otherwise we'd be Real Madrid fans.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:59 am

runaway wrote:
Hedel Fiffers wrote:thats why all players who pass here stay Portistas for life, its much more than a club...

You're a feeder club who sold more than 20 players to the bigger clubs for years. How much of that 600M actually went to your club, btw? I'm genuinely curious.

More than a club? Yeah you're a business. Porto FC Incorporated.

We don't have the same financial capability of buying star players, its more rewarding anyway to "make" top players, requires so much more than money. To be successful he constantly have to sell our players, but the same way we had a Falcao, we got a Jackson to replace him, so not really a big drama is it? 600 million? you can access Porto's detailed financial reports on their site and on the Portuguese finances page, but people like to talk about things they don't know and I totally understand where you want to go with that, but I rather buy a player for 5 million and sell him for 45 million with Porto "just getting" a return of 35 million and a great player in the tame hes with us, than a player for 40 million who is crappy. Besides Porto has a lot of other sports, built a stadium, a new pavilion for Handball and Hockey, etc
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:02 pm

quaazi wrote:So... I'm not a proper supporter because I only invest up to 100 euros per year towards Bayern?

We invest even more than a local fans, because money from tv rights and marketing increase because of fans like us around the world who watch bayern. Also include this case for real madrid, barcelona and manchester united fans.

The reason of why bayern travel to Asia and USA is for economical reasons of expand its brand.

Porto is just a local brand so they survive watching and buying south america players for selling them expensive in the future.

So if our new troll is right, then Porto is for south america fans even more than from portugal. When Porto win their league, I watch south america flags everywhere even more than a portugal flag...... :lol:
Last edited by RAJBAYERN on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:02 pm

runaway wrote:Image

:D I was looking at that meme to post here, my exact thoughts about what I read on here before the game, I would just swap people for teams.
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Postby ottackon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:04 pm

It's good to support your local team, as I'm a big fan of Raja Casablanca and I often enjoy going to the stadium, but one can't blame foreigners, who follow european club football for ages, of developing a romantic relationship towards one of many european glorious clubs.
Another remark, is that you have a very consumerist vision of what a supporter has to be like because you don't have to buy every item your club sells to be called a respectable supporter.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:07 pm

MUTU wrote:Oh, 18 years without a title. That's bad. Tell me, how many out of the other 18 clubs in your city have ever won a title in their whole history? Whichever way you try to twist it, both you and your father started supporting not only the most successful club in your city (out of the 19 or so clubs in the city) but also the most successful club in the country at the time. Your only excuse is that you live close by. Not everyone is blessed enough to live close by to a team that plays attractive football.

You see, it's easy to point fingers towards others, but remember when you point your finger, you have 3 fingers pointing back towards you ;)

You chose to support the most successful team in close proximity to you.
Most of us here chose to support Bayern because we fell in love with their playing style. We went international, but we didn't just go for the most successful club internationally, otherwise we'd be Real Madrid fans.

God how dumb are you? Do you even... math? How is a club who only became successful in the last 30 years, so after I was born, and a team who didnt win nothing for 18 years (during wich time my father still supported them) make it supporting... glory... I dont even... :lol: If all the fingers pointing at me are from people like you, then point away, make it a million fingers :lol:
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:10 pm

quaazi wrote:So... I'm not a proper supporter because I only invest up to 100 euros per year towards Bayern?

Hardly that... but i do understand what you are saying, so my question is, how do you support your club? For you supporting your club is what? I can see we have different views on that...
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Well I'm off now, I truly wish you guys good luck in the next game, and may the best team win. I will be here to congratulate you if we lose. Cheers
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Hedel Fiffers wrote:How is a club who only became successful in the last 30 years

I thought you were a Porto fan? Do I, as a Bayern fan, need to inform you of your history? OK then. Let's start...

Porto was the first club to win the Primeira Liga, at the time called Campeonato da Liga.

In fact, they won 3 out of the first 6 leagues.

Before that, there was the Campeonato de Portugal. Porto also won the first Campeonato de Portugal. Three years later they won it again.

Seems to me Porto has been successful from its very start unlike Bayern who had only won 1 German title before 1969, a time when FC Porto had already lifted 12 trophies.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:16 pm

From what I've read, Porto's transfers is affected by third party ownership thus the club didn't get the full amount of the transfer fees in some cases. Like when Falcao transferred to Atleti. And the probable ban on TPO will force Porto to buy 100% economic rights of it's players in the future. From last season, Porto had a 40M loss.

I just saw that your club has 250 scouts. That's an excellent scouting network and no wonder Porto is the feeder club to these oiligarchs and sheikdom clubs. Meanwhile Chelsea caters to the lower end market loaning and selling their players to smaller clubs.

How many local boys are playing in your team by the way? For someone who proudly rubs his locality to international fans, I hope your club nurtures local Portisans.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 pm

Don't feed the troll guys.

There are pretty good reasons to support "foreign" teams. Most often it's because world class football is only played in about 5-6 leagues in Europe due to economic and size differences between countries. I come from a small country, I will never see my local club in the Champions League group stage, let alone aim to win it. That's fine by me, I am very happy when they win the domestic league because that's their Champions League, the highest goal they can achieve. But I also enjoy watching football, especially the very highest level of it, and due to various circumstances I started following Bayern in the mid '90s and I became a fan.

It's also very typical in my country to be a fan of another national team during international competitions, and the likes of Brazil, Argentina and Germany do have a following around the world, even if it's not their country. As you can imagine, I root for the germans. The reason? To piss of my dad who was a great Holland fan since he grew up watching Ajax and Cruyff in the 70s.

Now some call this gloryhunting, which it is if people don't support the team during the lean times. Other call it the natural process by which people are attracted to beautiful football. There is no coincidence that Liverpool has a huge following around the world, even though it's 3 decades since they were the top dogs in Europe. I would call that type of fan group the complete opposite of gloryhunting.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:42 pm

What a stupid, pointless discussion... U PIČKU MATERINU! I can't believe you actually wrote so many replies for one big nothing. #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby kod2600 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:53 pm

*sigh*
Disappointing game BUT its still in our hands. Keep your heads up and have faith in our available players.

it only takes 2 goals and a clean sheet...honestly...doesn't sound complicated in Allianz Arena :)
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League