You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Porto will win
11%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
76%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:15 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:
P.S.: True I am a Porto supporter, a portuguese one, born in Porto, raised in Porto, and I truly despise glory hunters, how many of you are Bayern fans for over 10 years when the team wasn't what it is now? Support your local teams, how can someone from Uruguay or India support a club that's not in their blood, that is not the identity of their dna? Glory I suppose, thats why Porto supporters are the image of the team, brave warriors, proud of their team win or lose. How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

In other words you are....
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 am

krisopi4eto1 wrote:We shouldn't complain about the ref's mistakes. It happens.

Well, they weren't blatant mistakes, but you know I still have bad taste. The reason is that I cannot comprehend why, from so many cities in Europe, they have to choose one hailing from the ONLY city in Europe that still has 2 clubs competing in the same competition. Yes, the referee is from Madrid, which implies that there's a very, very, very big chance that he sympathizes either Atletico or Real. If it's the latter, then he probably doesn't quite stand Guardiola. Yes, you try to be neutral and fair, but who knows?

krisopi4eto1 wrote:What we need to complain is our team's performance. Im not a guy who rants at the manager for a loss, but let's be realistic. Everyone knows how to beat Bayern(counter-attacks, high pressure and of course the bus) and Pep hasn't done anything to try work throught the problems. We saw what happened against Wolfsburg, Gladbach and now Porto. Pep must try to solve those problems or we will never win the Champions League again.

I have to disagree with you on this. The three goals came from individual mistakes, which cannot be attributed to tactical failures. In fact, the only thing I can think Guardiola did wrongly is allow Alonso to act as last man at times, the same player he himself called "the worst defender in the world".
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:25 am

MUTU wrote:
Hedel Fiffers wrote:How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

The guy from Malta has created this website 9 years ago, the biggest international Bayern forum around and is dedicating a good percentage of his life towards it. It's not a competition of who lives closer to the stadium, don't be silly.

Precisely :)

quaazi wrote:Image

yeah this is how football fandom should be, stupid peasants rebelling against serfdom!

You completely missed the point but ok... did I strike a nerve?

MoFattal wrote:The funny thing about these type of fans, who call themselves "devoted locals", is that they cheer for a team with 80% foreigners (24 out of 30), but doesn't like having foreigners cheering for their team.

These type of fans who support their team for 32 years (and counting)? Who don't have a say if the club gets a player from China, Portugal or Brazil? So should I stop supporting my team because of that? Ridiculous. I don't mind that are supporters from other countries, nothing to do with that, you might be from Croatia and lived here, met someone, etc. I met a Indian dude in London who became a Porto fan after he married a portuguese woman... I criticize glory hunters, that's what bothers me, supporting a strong team just for the sake of glory. I make a distinction between supporters and sympathizers, a supporter like the name says, goes to the games, pays subscription to the club, helps the club directly in any way possible and he could be from any nationality obviously... a "sympathizer" is what I see here, people from all over claiming a love for a team they don't actually support in the true sense of the word, just glory hunting... if Bayern was in the second division would this forum with these "fans" still exist?

MUTU wrote:Also, we have all had our reasons for supporting Bayern. For example mine was because I liked the style of play in a UEFA Cup match in 1996 against IFK Gothenburg. I supported the team when they were playing in a lower competition.

You call US glory hunters and yet out of 19 clubs in your city, you support the most successful one, FC Porto. Yet, you have the nerve to call us glory hunters. :lol:

So you used wikipedia to know how many clubs my city has :lol: All my family is Portista, I was born Portista, its more than a club, its our identity, the Porto city is a mirror of the club and vice-versa in terms of attitude, hard working people who endure lots of bad stuff, warriors, humble, united people. But even by going by your "logic", I was born a mere 50 meters from the old Estadio das Antas :lol: My father supported the club even when Porto didn't win nothing for 18 years. If some of you experienced our culture you would understand it, thats why all players who pass here stay Portistas for life, its much more than a club...
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:26 am

RedQueen wrote:
It doesn't matter where you're from, or why you're supporting Bayern or since when. All that matters is that you're supporting the team.

The problem is we have these kinds of fans at Bayern too... :|
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby runaway » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

This is why it's called Bayernforum. We talk to Bayern fans about our team and of course, most of us will be optimistic. What kind of supporter actually gives up hope and say "we won't win"? #-o

Unless this was a public forum like r/soccer then you can call on our arrogance and gloating. Because unlike the two of you dear trolls, we didn't come to another's turf and accuse other fans of gloating when it's both of you that's actually doing what you've been accusing us of doing.

Your team played well. And there's still a second leg. Get off your high horse.
Last edited by runaway on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:

No I didn't. I have seen your type of person over and over again. Being born in a city with an European powerhouse of football is something you take for granted. I was born in a city where the teamsheet consisted of more mobsters than athletes. But apparently I'm a "glory hunter" for not supporting a morally reprehensible team and, let's face it, living in a post-feudal society by daring to venture outside my birthtown.

Football serfdom is bullshit - I don't have to support a team because of where I was born. We're long past that.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby RedQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

The purpose of Bayern's extensive marketing campaigns all over the world is precisely to attract new fans in regions outside Munich, Bayern, Germany and even Europe. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a new fan from a foreign country. On the contrary, the club is working hard and investing a lot of money with the aim to attract precisely these fans.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Hedel Fiffers wrote:How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

The guy from Malta has created this website 9 years ago, the biggest international Bayern forum around and is dedicating a good percentage of his life towards it. It's not a competition of who lives closer to the stadium, don't be silly.

Precisely :)

How many Porto fan-sites are older than 9 years? :coffee:

Hedel Fiffers wrote:
MUTU wrote:Also, we have all had our reasons for supporting Bayern. For example mine was because I liked the style of play in a UEFA Cup match in 1996 against IFK Gothenburg. I supported the team when they were playing in a lower competition.

You call US glory hunters and yet out of 19 clubs in your city, you support the most successful one, FC Porto. Yet, you have the nerve to call us glory hunters. :lol:

So you used wikipedia to know how many clubs my city has :lol: All my family is Portista, I was born Portista, its more than a club, its our identity, the Porto city is a mirror of the club and vice-versa in terms of attitude, hard working people who endure lots of bad stuff, warriors, humble, united people. But even by going by your "logic", I was born a mere 50 meters from the old Estadio das Antas :lol: My father supported the club even when Porto didn't win nothing for 18 years. If some of you experienced our culture you would understand it, thats why all players who pass here stay Portistas for life, its much more than a club...

So you mean to say that glory hunting runs in your blood then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for taking my point even further! :mrgreen:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:36 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:thats why all players who pass here stay Portistas for life, its much more than a club...

You're a feeder club who sold more than 20 players to the bigger clubs for years. How much of that 600M actually went to your club, btw? I'm genuinely curious.

More than a club? Yeah you're a business. Porto FC Incorporated.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:38 am

Let's see some facts about the ref. point 4 is very interesting....

Carballo is a Madrid native and has a history of not taking charge of games where Madrid games play because of his emotional attachment to the city.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:41 am

quaazi wrote:
Hedel Fiffers wrote:

No I didn't. I have seen your type of person over and over again. Being born in a city with an European powerhouse of football is something you take for granted. I was born in a city where the teamsheet consisted of more mobsters than athletes. But apparently I'm a "glory hunter" for not supporting a morally reprehensible team and, let's face it, living in a post-feudal society by daring to venture outside my birthtown.

Football serfdom is bullshit - I don't have to support a team because of where I was born. We're long past that.

Read what I said... How do you support your club? Do you go to games? Pay subscription? Merchandise? Or do you just go to forums and watch matches on TV? One is a supporter, the other is a "sympathizer", who often is a glory hunter kid. Just my view, I dont claim to be right, thank god I think for myself, but maybe due to my english not beeing great, I cant express how I really want.
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:44 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:
Read what I said... How do you support your club? Do you go to games? Pay subscription? Merchandise? Or do you just go to forums and watch matches on TV? One is a supporter, the other is a "sympathizer", who often is a glory hunter kid. Just my view, I dont claim to be right, thank god I think for myself, but maybe due to my english not beeing great, I cant express how I really want.

I think the word you're looking for is "contributor", and only a cynical businessman would look at it that way.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:47 am

MUTU wrote:Precisely :)

How many Porto fan-sites are older than 9 years? :coffee:

So you mean to say that glory hunting runs in your blood then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for taking my point even further! :mrgreen:[/quote]

So my family who supprted a club that didnt win nothing for 18 years is hunting... glory? What a idiot thing to say... I support my team since I can remember so how is that glory hunting? I dont have 2 teams, I never changed my support to another team, win or lose, so how is that glory hunting? :lol: You sir are a bit on the dumb side.

A Porto fan site with more than 9 years? Portal do Dragões has 18 years... LOL there are more, but the same way you googled for how many teams my city has, I let u do the same for this...
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:48 am

Hedel, I understand you perfectly.....
I am almost hearing you shout 'GET OFF ME LAND'
Last edited by Bayernbazi on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:50 am

quaazi wrote:
Hedel Fiffers wrote:

I think the word you're looking for is "contributor", and only a cynical businessman would look at it that way.

So you support your team by talking in forums and watching streams? :lol: Good to know. Using that you can also be in a relationship with Ava Addams, since you can see her on TV and talk about her in forums! :lol:
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League