You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Porto will win
11%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
76%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Postby endrity » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:20 am

At the end of the day it seems the same problem over and over again with Pep, at least to me.

There is constant formation and tactics changes from him which really make no sense to me. They only seem to be things that Pep wants to do because he constantly needs to change things.

And I have always stood by the opinion that Lahm as a midfielder is a horrible idea for many reasons. But especially partnered with Alonso, and to a much lesser extent, Tiago is not what a great midfield should look like. In retrospect I think selling Luiz Gustavo is probably the worst decision the club made in recent years, much worse than Kroos.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:22 am

I am not a referee, but my first impression was no penalty, because the direction that took the ball after the play, made me think that Neuer contact the ball first, but unfortunately the referee saw and thought different.

But bayern had 88 minutes to overcome it but they didnt, second half were a disaster performance..

Now Allianz Arena pitch is our hope.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MillaMjau » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:23 am

Porto was better than us and they deserved the win. Yes and yes. But the refereeing helped them. The ref should've whistled the foul on Alonso. Had he done so, the next scene would've never happened. No penalty, no discussing whether it should've been yellow or red. Considering how easily the ref whistled on every "foul" on Porto-players, I'm a bit grumpy. :evil:
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:36 am

I'm mostly irritated that people (hack journalists) still have this notion of "last man red card". It's "denial of a clear goal-scoring opportunity" not the frickin' offside rule.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:59 am

We shouldn't complain about the ref's mistakes. It happens. What we need to complain is our team's performance. Im not a guy who rants at the manager for a loss, but let's be realistic. Everyone knows how to beat Bayern(counter-attacks, high pressure and of course the bus) and Pep hasn't done anything to try work throught the problems. We saw what happened against Wolfsburg, Gladbach and now Porto. Pep must try to solve those problems or we will never win the Champions League again.
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:59 am

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Hedel Fiffers » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:13 am

Regarding last night. Bayern, as a mirror of their fans, simply overlooked and though the game was won even before it was played, and judging by the comments the next game is a sure win, some of you lot say by 7 goals... might happen, but smart people tend to learn from mistakes, acting superior, or being superior doesn't win battles... Some blame the referee... Danilo's yellow card was ridiculous, it wasn't even a foul, Neuer should have got a red card, Bernat should have got a second yellow (2 times it was forgiven), Boateng didn't get a yellow and so on... mistakes were made by the referee... on both sides. Porto was intelligent, very well prepared, the Jackson bluff worked like a charm, and forcing Bayern's construction and ball circulation in only Neuer-Dante-Boateng (and to a lesser extent Xabi) was simply genius... in a team with that quality how in the world Dante was the player with most passes?, every time they were passing the ball in the back Porto players only attacked the ball once the carrier of the ball looked down to it, those simple things show that Porto respected and studied Bayern very well, the opposite cant be said.

P.S.: True I am a Porto supporter, a portuguese one, born in Porto, raised in Porto, and I truly despise glory hunters, how many of you are Bayern fans for over 10 years when the team wasn't what it is now? Support your local teams, how can someone from Uruguay or India support a club that's not in their blood, that is not the identity of their dna? Glory I suppose, thats why Porto supporters are the image of the team, brave warriors, proud of their team win or lose. How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

P.S.2.: Before someone says that I shouldn't be here and what not, I always tend to check the opposition's insight about their team and the views on our team, usually that gives me some perspective on how the game might go... I wasn't wrong in thinking Porto would get a good result judging by some comments, and I am a bit more positive after reading what the majority thinks about the second leg.
Last edited by Hedel Fiffers on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hedel Fiffers
Getting the hang of it

Postby RedQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 am

Question: How did you see the scene that led to the penalty? Did you expect a red card?

Neuer: After the contact with Martinez I didn't know what else would happen and I couldn't affect it. I was in a bad position. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd played the ball. I was told that I touched the ball with the tip of my foot, but I didn't notice it. The contact with Martinez was with the thigh first and foremost. My leg went towards the ball and the ball moved out of the danger zone. Hence the yellow card is justified. The penalty can be given.

"Wir haben es verbockt" | Spox [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:34 am

nm462272 wrote:Some thoughts:

Lewandowski - couldn't get any service and didn't have much to work with. One time that he tracked back and made a fine tackle sticks out in my mind.

As always seemed to be mispositioned in attack..as usual, case in point, from the very few through balls such as the one that Thiago scored, there was always a missing bayern player among the porto players covering the middle of their goal another potential not exploited.

Such as the routinely wasted corners on the far post which is then not picked up by anyone and ball ends up a throw in to Porto in the other side.
BTW yesterday they also showed us how to properly take those damned short corners but still manage to lob the ball in the middle of the box and not ending with the ball at Neuer after a lot of back passes.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

The guy from Malta has created this website 9 years ago, the biggest international Bayern forum around and is dedicating a good percentage of his life towards it. It's not a competition of who lives closer to the stadium, don't be silly.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:40 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:
P.S.: True I am a Porto supporter, a portuguese one, born in Porto, raised in Porto, and I truly despise glory hunters, how many of you are Bayern fans for over 10 years when the team wasn't what it is now? Support your local teams, how can someone from Uruguay or India support a club that's not in their blood, that is not the identity of their dna? Glory I suppose, thats why Porto supporters are the image of the team, brave warriors, proud of their team win or lose. How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

yeah this is how football fandom should be, stupid peasants rebelling against serfdom!
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 am

The funny thing about these type of fans, who call themselves "devoted locals", is that they cheer for a team with 80% foreigners (24 out of 30), but doesn't like having foreigners cheering for their team.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 am

Hedel Fiffers wrote:P.S.: True I am a Porto supporter, a portuguese one, born in Porto, raised in Porto, and I truly despise glory hunters, how many of you are Bayern fans for over 10 years when the team wasn't what it is now? Support your local teams, how can someone from Uruguay or India support a club that's not in their blood, that is not the identity of their dna? Glory I suppose, thats why Porto supporters are the image of the team, brave warriors, proud of their team win or lose. How can someone from Malta, USA, etc mirror the German personality, that arrogance everyone besides them hate? So confusing...

Also, we have all had our reasons for supporting Bayern. For example mine was because I liked the style of play in a UEFA Cup match in 1996 against IFK Gothenburg. I supported the team when they were playing in a lower competition.

You call US glory hunters and yet out of 19 clubs in your city, you support the most successful one, FC Porto. Yet, you have the nerve to call us glory hunters. :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:47 am

Why are you guys even bothering with that crap? Guy signs up here for the sole purpose of telling us how great Porto is, then comes back after the game gloating, insulting the users, claiming all kinds of nonsense about the team and the fans... it's not "trying to gain insight", it's just trolling. You can "gain insight" without doing trash talk. What kind of fans are this? I wouldn't dream of signing up at a Porto forum for the sole purpose of trolling their fans.

It doesn't matter where you're from, or why you're supporting Bayern or since when. All that matters is that you're supporting the team.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:10 am

We don't support a German team... but a Bavarian one :wink:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League