You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Porto will win
11%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
76%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:11 pm

runaway wrote:We have scored the most for this season in CL with 23, RM with 21, and Barca is 3rd with 18. RM's 41 last year is probably the record.

That would make it 18 in 5 games, so quite within reach if we DO get a Roma-like score vs Porto.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:24 pm

It must be me but I cannot understand why some of you are underestimating Porto this much!

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:32 pm

ramsej84 wrote:It must be me but I cannot understand why some of you are underestimating Porto this much!

Well, FC Bayern are very strong favourites, that's why. It's not just us, check out what the bookmakers think. Why do we need to stay acting scared each round just in case things turn out bad for us? For me, I've never felt so confident about Bayern reaching the semifinal.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Porto is an unknown entity to me. I've never bothered watching them this season. I've read they employ 433 and likes possession which matters little, because most teams faced against Bayern today use The Counter Bus anyway.

If they're brave and crazy, they'll give us an open game. The pressure is all on us and they got nothing to lose so I hope to God they come at us and give us space.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:53 pm

runaway wrote:Porto is an unknown entity to me. I've never bothered watching them this season. I've read they employ 433 and likes possession which matters little, because most teams faced against Bayern today use The Counter Bus anyway.

It matter because despite that they have good players for counterattack us, it is not the same to play against a team that is more comfort without the ball and looking for counter (atletico, Dortmund or Monchengladbach) than one who usually posess the ball. Porto will plan to counter us, but at the same their perfomance in the game could be affected for not have the control of the ball, when usually they have it all this season.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:47 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:It must be me but I cannot understand why some of you are underestimating Porto this much!

Well, FC Bayern are very strong favourites, that's why. It's not just us, check out what the bookmakers think. Why do we need to stay acting scared each round just in case things turn out bad for us? For me, I've never felt so confident about Bayern reaching the semifinal.

Sorry, but who cares what bookmakers think. Never cared about that crap at all.. I only take current form into matter ;) And it's not that i am scared when i say people underestimate certain opponents, its just cockyness i can't stand. Thats why i like Sammer so much ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby krisopi4eto1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:24 am

Well, I am confident that we will go through just because the first game is away. The thing is even if they surprise us away, they can't do anything in Germany. We will crush them in the second leg that is for sure. No team can beat Bayern over two legs right now.
krisopi4eto1
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:35 am

i can still remember in this world cup brahimi dribbling past lahm with sheer pace and he had to pull his pants and foul him in order to avoid the break..he caused havoc in that match against germany but that day..Super Manu was born..that performance redefined goalkeeping and brought the sweeper keeper role to everybody's notice..Manu was again the MOTM when schalke faced porto last time..so i know who to count on this time if things do turn bad!
Though i know Ribery-bernat/alaba will wreak havoc on danilo when he charges forward thinking himself to be cafu! :wink:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby prasun77 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:37 am

RedQueen wrote:
Bavarians wrote:Porto fans, are confident and they say that Bayern would have to be afraid of the porto and not the other way around...

I've seen that too. See the other thread, they're actually signing up here to tell us how dangerous Porto is. Was the same with Roma fans ahead of the first game in the group stage. "You're afraid of Gervinho, aren't you?" What did he accomplish? An offside goal when the game was already over. You have to wonder where do these fans get their information from.

WHERE?WHICH THREAD?WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT BANTER! :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:26 pm

The guy who signed up just to tell us how dangerous Porto are was in the "Draw"-Thread. The Roma fans were in another forum.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:26 pm

The guy who signed up just to tell us how dangerous Porto are was in the "Draw"-Thread. The Roma fans were in another forum.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Philipp knows how to stop Brahimi :D

http://gfycat.com/MiserlyLateHorsechestnutleafminer
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Played yesterday:

C.D. Nacional Funchal 1-1 FC Porto
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:49 am

MUTU wrote:Played yesterday:

C.D. Nacional Funchal 1-1 FC Porto

Another long shot goal from porto like against Basel. Seems that bayern must mark them close for not allow them to give us a surprise and spectacular Neuer jump photo..
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby michel » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Bayern will be facing Portuguese giants Porto in the UEFA Champions League quarters. It will not be an easy couple of games for die Roten, and we give you some insight as to what you should expect from the most successful club in Portugal.

More: Hardly the easy draw: a first look at FC Porto
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League