You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Porto will win
11%
It will end in a draw
14%
Bayern Munich will win
76%

Total votes : 37

Re: [2015-04-15] FC Porto vs Bayern Munich

Postby RedQueen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:40 am

You told everyone who thought Bayern-Donezk will be 5-0 or 6-0 to go back to Kindergarten, as they don't have a clue about football. We know how it ended.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:42 am

Yeah.. you forgot the red card and the very early 1-0 already.. Worked in our favour big time..
Ottomeister13

Postby RedQueen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:46 am

Yes, it did work in our favour big time. How would it have ended without the red card? 5-0, as some predicted, or maybe only 4-0? In hindsight, do you really think we would have lost that game?

Point is, you can never know what will happen. Yes, Porto have fast attackers. How often have I heard that? Roma have fast attackers, CSKA have fast attackers, Donezk have fast attackers. I stand by it, the only way we go out against Porto is if we beat ourselves. Most important thing is, finish the games with 11 men.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:56 am

RedQueen wrote:
We have had some bad losses already this season

What "bad losses" did we have this season? We lost one game against Wolfsburg, when Bayern was still in hibernation and the Wolves played their hearts out over the Malanda death.

Please, Do not use excuse like this for this defeat. Must be realistic to find the mistakes and correct it. Both teams came from the winter break, so they were in same condition, and having suffer the dead of a partner, will not make you better player for one night.

Bayern lost because they didn’t prepare well the game, also they got desperate that cause them to fell in mistakes
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:01 am

Who knows how the game would have ended.. After the 0-0 in the first leg, i didnt think at all we would win with 3 goals or more..

Ofcourse you never know what will happen. But Porto has 2 times the quality then Overrated Roma, i never saw any danger in them just because like Neverkusen, they Always choke when it matters. .. CSKA only had Doumbia and Musa and they gave us already much trouble.. Donezk had a lot of different situations to handle, because in years before they gave barca very hard times, even beat Chelsea i believe and Juve? Can't remember exactly and to tired to look it up. So yeah, i rated them higher then what they got with that 7-0..

I dont say we won't win or that i don't believe in it, but i am just not fond at all about those things like ''we beat them with ease''.. Bayern has a history about struggling against smaller teams, being overconfident etc. A lot has changed in the last couple of years, but you never know like you said ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby RedQueen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:07 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:Please, Do not use excuse like this for this defeat. Must be realistic to find the mistakes and correct it. Both teams came from the winter break, so they were in same condition, and having suffer the dead of a partner, will not make you better player for one night.

Oh please, of course exceptional situations may make you a much better or much worse player for one night. Some teams may completely fold, like Brazil against Germany after the injury of Neymar, and others may gain exceptional motivation for one night. Can't believe someone is actually debating that.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:12 am

Ottomeister13 wrote:Who knows how the game would have ended.. After the 0-0 in the first leg, i didnt think at all we would win with 3 goals or more..

Neither did I. I didn't know what to expect. Hence it wouldn't have occurred to me to send people who expected a 5-0 to Kindergarten.

I dont say we won't win or that i don't believe in it, but i am just not fond at all about those things like ''we beat them with ease''.. Bayern has a history about struggling against smaller teams, being overconfident etc. A lot has changed in the last couple of years, but you never know like you said ;)

I didn't say we'll beat them with ease, but I'm very confident that we'll beat them. Yes, Bayern has a history and so on and so forth... but Porto is facing this present team and not some historical team. And they are much more business-minded than any historical team. They get the job done. They don't lose at random against a lesser team out of sheer complacency.
Last edited by RedQueen on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 am

RedQueen wrote:Oh please, of course exceptional situations may make you a much better or much worse player for one night. Some teams may completely fold, like Brazil against Germany after the injury of Neymar, and others may gain exceptional motivation for one night. Can't believe someone is actually debating that.

Sincerely I am the one surprise with your thoughts. You can't relate feelings with the capacity of do something. Hopes our players and coach do not think same like you, because they will fall in the same mistakes for not be realistic.

So the other bundesliga opponents know now how to beat bayern, just lose a partner, before bayern match and your habilities will increase in the game. :roll:
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RedQueen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:18 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:So the other bundesliga opponents know now how to beat bayern, just lose a partner, before bayern match and your habilities will increase in the game. :roll:

Wow. You're trolling for sure??
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby OhioFan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:25 am

We will roll them up in the first match and coast in the 2nd.
“That all workers may receive respect and protection of their rights, and that the unemployed may receive the opportunity to contribute to the common good.” (Pope Francis prayer intention for October, 2017)
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:00 am

Lol only on a Bayern forum would people debate about how bad we are going to beat an opponent
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby kod2600 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:50 am

Firefox1234 wrote:Lol only on a Bayern forum would people debate about how bad we are going to beat an opponent

Because we are awesome :P

But seriously, the draw went better than expected. The only thing that bothers me is that I don't want us to reach an advanced level of CL without a real test and then be -god forbid- crushed in a semi-final or final.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby ottackon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:56 am

That would be the case of a side that lacks experience like say ... Porto.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:22 pm

To be honest I'm on Firefox's side. Not saying we'll score 7 goals in a game but yeah, I'm quite confident we'll win big on aggregate. Probably something like 4 or 5 goals for us and 1 or 2 for them. This Bayern team is lethal and might break (though it looks hard) the all-time goal scoring record in the Bundesliga and possibly the CL (though I can't find statistics for the latter). Obviously we won't score 5+ goals in every match, but it's a realistic possibility against every team other than the 3 Ottomeister mentioned on a good day (heck, Barca might even say that it's possible against them :P ).
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:58 pm

We have scored the most for this season in CL with 23, RM with 21, and Barca is 3rd with 18. RM's 41 last year is probably the record.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League