You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2006-09-12] FC Bayern vs Spartak Moskva [V]

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

[2006-09-12] FC Bayern vs Spartak Moskva [V]

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:19 pm

This will be our first CL match. It's good that we start at home, so that we start on a good foothold. Hopefully we can win this match easily and fill us with confidence for the following CL match against Inter on 27th September (2 days after my birthday)
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:04 am

Haven't heard too much about Spartak Moscow.. ditto with Sporting Portugal. Can anyone fill me in? I'd really appreciate it.
Inter Milan should prove to be a good fight.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:03 pm

i found this on the website of Bayern (team discriptions) :

Bayern's Group B rivals:

Internazionale

It's an ill wind that blows no-one any good, and Inter rate as the biggest winners to emerge from the match-fixing scandal which continues to rock Italian football to the core. Following Juventus' compulsory relegation and the deduction of points from biter Milanese rivals AC, the Nerazzurri were awarded the Serie A title by default, their first championship triumph since the days of Lothar Matthäus and Jürgen Klinsmann back in 1990.

Inter and billionaire president Massimo Moratti spent the summer picking over the bones of the star-studded Juve squad, coming away with the signatures of Patrick Vieira and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Coach Roberto Mancini's shopping spree did not end there, as Argentine hitman Hernan Crespo arrived from Chelsea, and sturdy full-back Fabio Grosso was enticed away from Palermo. The Italy international shot to fame with the crucial goal two minutes from time in the eventual World Cup winners' semi-final with Germany. The Inter squad boasts a host of equally big names including Luis Figo, Adriano of Brazil, Argentine dynamo Esteban Cambiasso, and keeper Francesco Toldo.

Bayern have only met Inter once, in the last sixteen of the 1988-9 UEFA Cup. The Reds lost 2-0 at home, but roused themselves in what has become known in Bavarian circles as the Miracle of Milan to win the tie with a 3-1 triumph at the San Siro stadium.

Sporting Lisbon

Ironically enough, the Portuguese runners-up celebrated their centenary just a few days ago with a match against Internazionale (picture). Bayern have never before met the 2005 UEFA Cup finalists (Sporting lost the match 3-1 against CSKA Moscow) and 1964 European Cup Winners' Cup champions.

The Portuguese capital's 'second' club rank third overall in terms of domestic championships with 18, behind Porto on 20 and local rivals Benfica with 31. Sporting last finished top of the league four seasons ago, but ran Porto close for last term's crown. The biggest name in the squad supervised by Paulo Jorge Gomes Bento is Portugal goalkeeper Ricardo, while the old boys' club includes a certain Luis Figo, set for a reunion with his former team-mates when Inter come to town.

Spartak Moscow

Bayern have crossed swords often enough with the men from the Russian capital, with the record books showing three previous meetings in the Champions League. The most recent came in the 2001-2 group stage, Munich winning 3-1 in Moscow and then 5-1 back at their home Olympic stadium. Of the six individual matches played, Bayern have won four with two draws, both of these back in 1994-5. The Russian championship runners-up, currently second in the local spring-to-autumn league campaign, qualified for this term's premier European competition thanks to a 2-1 aggregate victory over Slovan Liberec. Spartak have won the Russian/USSR title on 21 occasions and have lifted the domestic knockout Cup 13 times, although they have yet to claim major international honours.

The Muscovite ranks feature former Stuttgart and TSV 1860 star Martin Stranzl. The Austrian international switched to the Russian capital and the side coached by Vladimir Fedotov last January. Martin Demichelis wil meet up with a former team-mate from his days winning the Argentine championship with River Plate in 2003 as Fernando Cavenaghi now plies his trade with Spartak. Other key personalities include Ukraine schemer Maxym Kalinichenko, Czech international Martin Jiránek and serial Russian Footballer of the Year Igor Titov. However, the most remarkable name belongs to Mozart, a Brazilian midfielder at the club whose given name is Junior Santos Batista.
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby podolski4life » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:51 pm

Thanks for the info fa. It really helped =)

I'm not too worried about moscow and portugal, but I can't say that for inter milan.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:40 pm

yes indeed, we ll surely go to the next round but Inter will be a real challange.. only looking at the people they bought this summer makes me scared :shock:

All those stars in one team, lets hope they will turn out to be a second REAL Madrid team.. a lot of stars but no teamspirit :!:
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:43 pm

Talking about team spirit... yesterday they were losing 3-0 in the Italian Super Cup against Roma and they came back to win 4-3 :S
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:37 am

Inter made some really good siginings..
but that shouldn't matter... we'll beat them at home and probably snatch a draw away..
other two teams are minnows... :lol:
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Danger » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:08 am

i think the formation will be like this :

.................... Kahn ....................
Sagnol ... Lucio ... Buyten ... Lahm
...........Van Bommel .. Micho* .......
Brazzo .............................. Bastian
........... Podolski .. Makaay ........

* Owen !

i think we'll win 3/0 . good luck BAYERN :)
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:10 am

:) And when Deisler's back, we'll be much stronger. He should soon start full training.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:55 pm

I am eagerly waiting for Diesler...
He should have played in the world cup... I think Germany missed him.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:23 pm

... and Goerlitz. I'm sure he would have played for Germany instead of Friedrich (the weakest link at WC2006 IMO) if he was in the form he was showing prior to his injury.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:26 pm

MUTU wrote:... and Goerlitz. I'm sure he would have played for Germany instead of Friedrich (the weakest link at WC2006 IMO) if he was in the form he was showing prior to his injury.

Right!!!... Gorlitz is good.....
Even though Freidrich was the weakest link, he was not the reason for Germany's loss.....expect for the first match...he did okay...;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby podolski4life » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:00 am

I think it'll be a 2 nil win for Bayern.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:08 am

I'll give my prediction following the St Pauli match :D
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Danger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:17 pm

Spartak Moscow 2 - 2 CSKA Moscow (( derby ))
its Spartak's last match ..
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League