You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-12-08] FC Bayern vs FC Basel

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

How many points are we going to get from this Game?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:53 pm

3 points
60%
1 points
No votes
0 points
No votes
We will suck so hard that they will take points from us :mrgreen:
40%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2010-12-08] FC Bayern vs FC Basel

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:14 am

"BILD" knows the story behind this amazing seconds.
The young man is Ribéry-Cousin Matthieu. His mother died in late October, as previously the father. Ribéry went to the funeral of his aunt, missed Gladbach then the game (3-3). And recently got the sad orphans Matthieu himself in his Munich villa.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 am

Man if that's the cousin, his brothers must be all clones :shock:
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Archit » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:33 am

How was kroos' general play today? I mean off the ball movement and ball distribution
Archit

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:37 am

Archit wrote:How was kroos' general play today? I mean off the ball movement and ball distribution

he was really good...I think he should stick to that position...and he knows when to go forward and look for the ball to shoot from the edge of the box.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 am

He was very good at winning the balls and he was also surprisingly a tad physical on the other team. Not a bad skill to have as a CM/CDM but in moderation.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:35 am

This is how FC Bayern need to play each and every game, dominate the midfield, aggressively attack on offense, a full team commitment at both ends of the pitch and a clean sheet!

I was pleased with almost everyone today. MvB and Breno had a few too many errors, thankfully none lead to any goals against us. Ribery was much more active although he still lacked some support. Contento made a sick move that lead to a goal and was fair overall. Kroos was a pleasant surprise and Schweini was once again unlucky not to have scored but dominated the attacking midfield. Kraft made a few good saves and Tymo scored again, which always makes me happy. So, overall well done, an exclamation point on the group stage, winning five of six matches.

Now, let's get back to winning in the BL!
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby appudds » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:36 am

dambun wrote:----------- DEFENSE LINE -------------
---------------- Tymo ------------------
-------Schweini ---- Kroos -----------
----------- ATTACK LINE -------------

Something like Barca's 4-3-3 eh?
But there is a problem with that
The attack line will have 3 attackers
Where will u start Mueller, Ribery, Robben(after he reaches full fitness) and Gomez in that? :?
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby eddinanM3 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:27 am

Nice win for Bayern today, although the scoreline could have been much higher if we were finishing our shots at a decent rate. Schweini and Gomez both missed one that should have been put away and Kroos again had a couple of shots that could have gone in. Bayern is going to have to do better in the knockout round because the competition is going to be tougher.

Breno has some issues and even though his positional play is good and he is physical enough to get the tackles in I see a problem with his casual on ball skills in our own half. Today he made a mistake on the ball that you simply can not make at this level of play when you are the last line of defense! It was a critical error and Kraft had to come out and save our ass because of Breno's neglect to know that a Basel player was close enough to take the ball off of him! That kind of stuff can cost us points in the Bundesliga and send us out of the CL. And this isn't the first time I have seen it from him, I think he understimates what the opposition is capable of sometimes and I would be scared to see him in a game where Bayern are getting pressured on the back line a lot i.e. Barca. Hopefully we won't see anymore of that from him.

Ribery's first goal was 100% a direct result of Contento's effort, many would have given up on that ball going over the end line and Contento didn't and made a steller play out of nothing!

Van Bommel's days at Bayern are numbered and Bayern are playing a fine player out of position to suit Van Bommel's needs which is a mistake in my book.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gastarana » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:13 am

eddinanM3 wrote:Nice win for Bayern today, although the scoreline could have been much higher if we were finishing our shots at a decent rate. Schweini and Gomez both missed one that should have been put away and Kroos again had a couple of shots that could have gone in. Bayern is going to have to do better in the knockout round because the competition is going to be tougher.

Breno has some issues and even though his positional play is good and he is physical enough to get the tackles in I see a problem with his casual on ball skills in our own half. Today he made a mistake on the ball that you simply can not make at this level of play when you are the last line of defense! It was a critical error and Kraft had to come out and save our ass because of Breno's neglect to know that a Basel player was close enough to take the ball off of him! That kind of stuff can cost us points in the Bundesliga and send us out of the CL. And this isn't the first time I have seen it from him, I think he understimates what the opposition is capable of sometimes and I would be scared to see him in a game where Bayern are getting pressured on the back line a lot i.e. Barca. Hopefully we won't see anymore of that from him.

Ribery's first goal was 100% a direct result of Contento's effort, many would have given up on that ball going over the end line and Contento didn't and made a steller play out of nothing!

Van Bommel's days at Bayern are numbered and Bayern are playing a fine player out of position to suit Van Bommel's needs which is a mistake in my book.

agree with all you said but specially vbommels,hes shouldnt be our captain anymore.Breno was to me the flop of the match slow like a turtle and clumpsy like #-o funbuyten #-o ,Ribery still out of form but improving wich is a good thing,TYMO WORLD CLASS =D> =D> also Kraft has a lot of potencial but lets not fire things up we have to make this rigth and not like Rensing i mention this because other coments not yours in particular
gastarana
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 am

shileno wrote:Man if that's the cousin, his brothers must be all clones :shock:

hahahaha seriously what would his brother look like then :D :D ??????
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:07 am

Van Bommel isnt worthy anymore of the captain armband... and it is most likely that his prime days came to end with this last injury... yesterday he gave away toooooooooooooo many passes and lost possession on many time... he stills fouls a lot (which many of them being totally unncessary silly fouls)... on the other hand we saw how TYmo is capable of dismantling the opposition attack and no one seems to be capable of getting past him... he also has great ball control and good passing skills... he should be put back in CDM...

Im satisfied with the way we played yesterday (but not happy)... IMO kraft was the one who gave us the win as his one-on-one save eventually led to the goal a couple minutes later... if that was scored than we would have stucked as we were doing all season... I gladly join some of you guys in claiming a starting berth for Kraft at least for the next BL game to see his metal...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:17 pm

appudds wrote:Where will u start Mueller, Ribery, Robben(after he reaches full fitness) and Gomez in that?

Ribery--------------Robben
-----------Gomez-----------

With Muller as main backup for all five offensive positions.

Or if Gomez loses his form, Muller as CF.

It should be like this:
----------------------Butt-----------------------------
Lahm--------CB----------Badstuber---Contento/LB
---------------------Tymo-----------------------------
----------------------------Kroos----------------------
---------------Schweini-------------------------------
Robben----------------------------------------Ribery
---- --------Gomez/Muller/Klose/ST---------------
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:22 pm

MoFattal wrote:I gladly join some of you guys in claiming a starting berth for Kraft at least for the next BL game to see his metal...

I have supported Kraft since the game against Real Madrid.

But Butt is and should remain our no.1. Kraft should only play in games against the likes of St Pauli, Kaiserslautern, and other similar teams.

Ideally I would like to see him loaned out for one and a half seasons with the option to bring him back after this season, like Kroos.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:49 pm

Kraft really gave me nice feeling as his performance was just great.

But I still think we should go for Neuer as I dont want another "Rensing" incident in our club. He should remain 2nd GK after Neuer.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Element » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:46 pm

i could not watch it

but Spox named Kraft as Man of the match

cant wait to see the highlights

appudds wrote:
dambun wrote:----------- DEFENSE LINE -------------
---------------- Tymo ------------------
-------Schweini ---- Kroos -----------
----------- ATTACK LINE -------------

Something like Barca's 4-3-3 eh?
But there is a problem with that
The attack line will have 3 attackers
Where will u start Mueller, Ribery, Robben(after he reaches full fitness) and Gomez in that? :?

I Have been suggesting a modern 4-3-3 for ages

and when Dambun started talking about it , it becomes the way to go

all i can say is **** Manuel Neuer and his disease :P

Seriously , we must play a 4-3-3 with Tymoschuk , Kroos and Schweinsteiger , all of them playing free so that Schweinsteiger gets the freedom he needs

and Tymoschuk is world-class
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League