You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-04-21] FC Bayern Munchen vs Lyon

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Result

Poll ended at Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:31 am

Bayern wins
82%
Draw
8%
Lyon wins
10%

Total votes : 72

Re: [2010-04-21] FC Bayern Munchen vs Lyon

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 am

eddinanM3 wrote:I am a bit worried about the bench in the return leg against Lyon, if for some reason we fall behind and LVG starts Muller at LW which is what most would assume then Olic and Gomez up top who do we have as subs that can bring it? Alaba? not much experience. Klose? not much form.

Yeah... With both Ribery and Pranjic suspended... we face limited resources for the LM position.... It's a shame, because Lyon's RBs are not just as good as their LB... And that was an advantage we wanted to exploit.
Still... We have lots of versatile players who are versatile enough to supply our needs... Mueller is capable of playing there for sure... I never saw Alaba playing there, but based on his style I guess he is capable of playing there.... Another option would be using Tymo as a CDM alongside MvB and using Schweinsteiger as LM.

And also, there is the option of playing 4-3-3 with Olic as LW...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Aequitas1987 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 pm

I could honestly see Alaba-Contento making a scary combo based on previous chemistry. But most likely candidate is Muller.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:10 pm

dambun wrote:never saw Alaba playing there, but based on his style I guess he is capable of playing there

the LM and LCM are his main positions !!!!

I am Sure that it will be like this

------------------------------------------------------------Butt------------------------------------------------
Lahm---------------------------------Van Buyten-------------------Demichelis-------------------Badstuber
---------------------------------------Van Bommel------------------Schweinsteiger---------------------------
Robben-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mueller
---------------------------------------Gomez--------------------------Olic------------------------------------

But I Would like to see it like this With Muller and Olic switching places

-----------------------------------------------------------Butt------------------------------------------------
Lahm---------------------------------Van Buyten-------------------Demichelis-------------------Badstuber
---------------------------------------Tymoschuk------------------Van Bommel---------------------------
----------------------------------------------------Schweinsteiger----------------------------------------

Robben-----------------------------------------------Olic------------------------------------------Muller
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Element wrote:the LM and LCM are his main positions !!!!

Yeah, possibly... But again, I've never seen him playing there.

Like you said, your first line-up is the most probable one.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:51 pm

I would love to see Contento as LB...but maybe Badstuber can play better than in last couple of games when he was tired
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby TinusDeVries » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:37 pm

New Topic And Poll For The Return Lyon vs FC Bayern Munchen Is Located At:

http://www.bayernforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5138
TinusDeVries
Getting the hang of it

Postby EQ Kimball » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:50 pm

After seeing Contento, I would place him on the LB. If Badstuber plays he should at least play in his natural CB position. He's not that great at LB.

Contento was SICK vs Lyon and I feel like we have a real gem on our hands. That said, Badstuber is great as a CB as well.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:20 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:Contento was SICK vs Lyon and I feel like we have a real gem on our hands. That said, Badstuber is great as a CB as well.

I think both can become legends in their positions by the time they retire... good thing we have LVG. If we plan on keeping Contento we MUST invest in a GK asap though.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:18 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:After seeing Contento, I would place him on the LB. If Badstuber plays he should at least play in his natural CB position. He's not that great at LB.

Contento was SICK vs Lyon and I feel like we have a real gem on our hands. That said, Badstuber is great as a CB as well.

vs Lyon he only had to attack.
In Lyon this will be very different, and I havent seen much of his defensive skills yet.

Whatever happens,
I trust in LVG.
He knows what he doing.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:46 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I would love to see Contento as LB...but maybe Badstuber can play better than in last couple of games when he was tired

Contento is a natural LB. he played well there almost whenever we used him this year. But he is too inexperienced to be used as a defender in the semi-final of the CL.... If he makes even 1-2 mistakes, it may cost us the final in Madrid.

The fact that his playing style as LB is much better than Badstuber and his obvious superiority in offensive move compared to Holger shouldn't fool us to underestimate his lack of experience in defensive.

SilentStrike wrote:vs Lyon he only had to attack.
In Lyon this will be very different, and I havent seen much of his defensive skills yet.

I agree with SIlentStrike: Lyon will possibly try to attack us from the start... We've never seen his performance under pressure... But again, LvG is a man of trusting young lads even in very tough moments.... Like Silent, I trust in LvG.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby machkover » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:20 am

SilentStrike wrote:
tappinho wrote:FCB Tv hasn't put Gomez header in the highlights... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Propaganda?

GomiSS is great as a striker for any team but not for FCBayern . those so many missed opportunities transpass luck . it seems as though he is refusing to score those easy goals #-o .Yet; we all remember the difficult goals he managed to score last season for Stutg. LVG has given him too many chances to prove he is the right striker for the team but he simply let the opportunity go through his fingers. We miss you so much klose . come on !! =D> =D>
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby eddinanM3 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:55 am

I can't see how you can bench Contento after the last couple of games he has had? What is the reasoning behind benching him now? So you can play Badstuber out of position in Contento's spot, didn't you guys see the Man United game at Old Tradford, Badstuber gives up to much speed against guys that can fly on the wings and that isn't a scenario we need repeated in France! PLay Contento at LB tomorrow against Gladbach and then against Lyon, he will be fine, I haven't seen him in a situation yet where he hasn't been able to recover with his speed! He is a natural at LB, let him develop and grow and gain more confidence and he will provide even more support to the LW with beautiful through balls like the game with Lyon.

You don't gain in the long run by playing people out of position all the time!
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby Ed. » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:18 am

Yeah, I agree with eddinanM3. Badstuber is left footed , but he's not a natural left back. He simply is a much better centreback and also distributes the ball from there very well too. He can become a sort of better version of Daniel Agger.

Contento has to be Bayern's LB of the future.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby EQ Kimball » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:41 am

LOL @ the thought that we haven't seen Contento in pressure...Lyon Semi-final isn't pressure, 1 man down isn't pressure?

I agree that he didn't have to defend as much, but he still defended quite a bit, there were many moments were Lyon pressed us.
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby EQ Kimball » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:49 am

machkover wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:
tappinho wrote:FCB Tv hasn't put Gomez header in the highlights... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Propaganda?

GomiSS is great as a striker for any team but not for FCBayern . those so many missed opportunities transpass luck . it seems as though he is refusing to score those easy goals #-o .Yet; we all remember the difficult goals he managed to score last season for Stutg. LVG has given him too many chances to prove he is the right striker for the team but he simply let the opportunity go through his fingers. We miss you so much klose . come on !! =D> =D>

ImageImageImage
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League