You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-09-28] FC Basel vs FC Bayern

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 am

Basel :(
10%
Draw :|
15%
Bayern :)
75%

Total votes : 20

[2010-09-28] FC Basel vs FC Bayern

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:04 am

Our first away game in Europe this season. We've been terrible in Germany, but we're usually a different team in the CL. We need to win this one, both to be in a good situation in the CL and as a confidence booster before returning to the Bundesliga.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2010-09-28] FC Basel vs FC Bayern

Postby MrLinky » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Hopefully we can build up some confidence in this one. We'll see what van Gaal has in my mind and whether he'll make any changes or not. The game in Dortmund is more important than this one against Basel, in my opinion.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby AvatarX » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:01 pm

This is gonna be a tough one given the fact of our lowest morale and Basel lost in the first game.
I expect a close score, hopefully in our favor.

I really hope (but not expect) some changes in the starting XI, especially in the MVB / DVB part :(
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:04 am

I voted for a draw as Basel are certainly no pushovers, and our morale is low. Unless our strikers start finishing off their chances, we're going to find it hard to win games.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 am

The formation I'd like to see:

Code: Select all
-----------------Mueller----Gomez--------------------
-----Kroos-----------------------------Altintop------
-------------van Bommel----Schweini------------------
----Pranjic------Badstuber--------Micho----Lahm------
---------------------Butt----------------------------

or:

Code: Select all
----------------------Mueller------------------------
-----Pranjic---------Kroos-------------Altintop------
----Braafheid----Badstuber--------Micho----Lahm------
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 pm

BRAAFHEID NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Your first formation is what I want (the most realistic one that I want) :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:38 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:BRAAFHEID NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, how much do you know about Braafheid?
I think we're hitting too hard on him.

What I know of him is that he played for Bayern a year ago (you know, a lot can happen in a year, just ask Mueller) and since then he played 10 matches for Celtic (not exactly the worst team around) AND in the World Cup final, the most prestigious game in World football. I'll admit, I haven't seen his matches for Celtic, but if he sucked I doubt that the losing finalists would have called him up to the national team.

What I'm saying is, give the guy a chance. Pranjic may be better than Braafheid offensively, but defensively he's not as good. If our defence is leaking easy goals, we need help patching it up, and that's where Braafheid could come in. He's even got experience playing as a central defender.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:BRAAFHEID NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Seriously, how much do you know about Braafheid?
I think we're hitting too hard on him.

What I know of him is that he played for Bayern a year ago (you know, a lot can happen in a year, just ask Mueller) and since then he played 10 matches for Celtic (not exactly the worst team around) AND in the World Cup final, the most prestigious game in World football. I'll admit, I haven't seen his matches for Celtic, but if he sucked I doubt that the losing finalists would have called him up to the national team.

What I'm saying is, give the guy a chance. Pranjic may be better than Braafheid offensively, but defensively he's not as good. If our defence is leaking easy goals, we need help patching it up, and that's where Braafheid could come in. He's even got experience playing as a central defender.

Plus Braafheid provides some really cool crosses (it would be nice to see Miro heading in some of them !!) ....

For me, MVB is not as half as he were last year... maybe age got into him... and this is affecting Schweini as he excels when his midfield partner is fit and capable of covering up when needed (remember the national team combination with Khedia?? or even with MVB in the latter stages of last season...) i think altintop might work out in this position if given a chance there (he already stated so a couple of days ago)...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 pm

I agree that Gomez should get a starting spot. Our other strikers have done absolutely nothing to justify their constant starting XI appearance. Maybe he can bring in a fresh vibe to our attack. We have several players performing off form right now, Schweinsteiger and Lahm being the most notable among them. That has to change soon, if we wanna achieve the turnaround.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Mutu, Braafheid sucked here. Ok. He was fined in Celtic for doing stupid things, someone postd them in this forum. He came in the extra time in the World Cup final because Netherland needed more defenders and he made his famous "No looking pass" #-o

AND last year we were more or less in the same situation and we played against Bordeaux @ Allianz with Braafheid as LB and Pranjic as LM (just what you want)... and it was a disaster.

And he didn't get a single minute this season. No Braafheid please.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:20 pm

My Formation ( I want to bench MVB but it wont happen)

-----------------Klose---Gomez--------------------
-----Kroos-------------------------------Mueller------
----Pranjic------Badstuber--------Micho----Lahm------

MoFattal wrote:For me, MVB is not as half as he were last year... maybe age got into him... and this is affecting Schweini as he excels when his midfield

We have been saying that since the first day of this season

Welcome man , Another Lebanese ( am not , but there are some here)

any help about Bayern,German Translation or this forum just PM me ok?

Hope you become part of this happy Family :wink:

YlonenXabi wrote:Mutu, Braafheid sucked here. Ok. He was fined in Celtic for doing stupid things, someone postd them in this forum

He was not in the Squad , so he left the stadium
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:43 pm

MUTU wrote:What I know of him is that he played for Bayern a year ago (you know, a lot can happen in a year, just ask Mueller) and since then he played 10 matches for Celtic (not exactly the worst team around) AND in the World Cup final, the most prestigious game in World football. I'll admit, I haven't seen his matches for Celtic, but if he sucked I doubt that the losing finalists would have called him up to the national team.

Ok, so according to that we should play with

Van Bommel: He was a starter in ALL the games in the World Cup (Braafheid played only a few minutes)
Klose: He was Germany starting striker and Gomez was a bench player

So they are GREAT !!
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby AvatarX » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 pm

I think Klose should start on this one, as he is usually better in this type of games (as he was vs Roma).

Maybe Klose/Gomez upfront and bring Olic in 60th minute to anyone who is worse.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby The Spyware » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Bild

Kroos on the right :x
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:26 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
MUTU wrote:What I know of him is that he played for Bayern a year ago (you know, a lot can happen in a year, just ask Mueller) and since then he played 10 matches for Celtic (not exactly the worst team around) AND in the World Cup final, the most prestigious game in World football. I'll admit, I haven't seen his matches for Celtic, but if he sucked I doubt that the losing finalists would have called him up to the national team.

Ok, so according to that we should play with

Van Bommel: He was a starter in ALL the games in the World Cup (Braafheid played only a few minutes)
Klose: He was Germany starting striker and Gomez was a bench player

So they are GREAT !!

In fact that's how we are playing.
My point is we're playing a player who's nowhere close to being called to either Germany or Italy's NT (even whilst Italy are sucking) and that seems fine by you, and yet you don't even want to see how a player who was deemed good enough to actually play in the World Cup final actually fares. And this is completely based on your prejudices from the few matches he played a year ago whilst trying to adapt to a new environment.

I'm not happy with either Contento or Pranjic at left back, and I want to see Braafheid play.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League