You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-09-28] FC Basel vs FC Bayern

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who will win?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 am

Basel :(
10%
Draw :|
15%
Bayern :)
75%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2010-09-28] FC Basel vs FC Bayern

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Gomez should still be given the chance where he actually starts from the beginning. He wasn't bad today but didn't do anything special either. I think Olic was the best but he wasn''t playing as a striker.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shpati_L1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Gomez was holding the ball really well.
WTF ?
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby AvatarX » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Gomez should still be given the chance where he actually starts from the beginning. He wasn't bad today but didn't do anything special either.

He didn't make a shot in 45 minutes. That's not good for a striker. But to be fair, he must be given one chance as a starter.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Video highlights:

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 pm

The Spyware wrote:Tymo is a Great player

a very Great player

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Tymo and Demichelis deserve a chance. MvB and DvB are playing like 2 amateurs. Demichelis got some playing time against ...Bremen? and he done it very well and Tymo usually plays good when he is given a chance. Last year he was really important in the CL semifinals

I want Tymo IN. Even if Van Bommel is not benched.

Our attacking players are really frustrating when they are inside the box :evil: :x
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby dambun » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:48 pm

I can't see the link...
Could you please put the ling again, bro? (This time as a simple text please... I'll copy paste it somewhere else)
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby shileno » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:56 pm

I knew that rotation would be great for the team. Pranjic, Altintop and now Tymo are improving a lot and doing very well, where MVB simply can't play any more football in his life, he should retire, but with PSV lol. Lucky for us, I thought we were going to draw or lose it but I guess Basel are simply in a lower level.

I'm worried about all our strikers. They don't fight, they don't give their 100%. They desperately need to score to regain some confidence, specially Klose and Olic. I guess the competition stuff doesn't work with them, they don't give their best. The worse thing is that we can't buy a 5th striker, that would be too much.. Someone must go.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:03 pm

dambun wrote:

I can't see the link...
Could you please put the ling again, bro? (This time as a simple text please... I'll copy paste it somewhere else)

Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-wRJSIG_I&feature=player_embedded
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby slyk » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:11 pm

I think the last goal was a combination of their best player being subbed and them tiring out with of course Tymo being subbed in. It's becoming more and more difficult watching bayern play like this. Lahm's performance has been dropping adding to the defensive problems and the over reliance on wing play isn't working out; which i believe has contributed to the strikers poor form.

LVG has made quite a few half time/early substitutions which isn't a good indication. The ball hugging; which seems to be dwindling down or at least it's effectiveness, can relieve some pressure off the defense but without the attack doing some damage the defense will eventually be fully tested. The constant switching of players positions has just unsettled a number of the players, especially Kroos who's still trying to settle in. Still hoping that Bayern can address these problems and pick things up....
Last edited by slyk on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby thulkazal » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 pm

oh DvB we love you .. .guy you are the best you worth more then 50 mil.

Gosh how much we have too stand this prick -.- guy is for amatuer
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby dambun » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:41 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
Code: Select all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-wRJSIG_I&feature=player_embedded

Thanks buddy :)

Now that I've seen the game, I see that DvB was doubly at fault for the beautiful goal we conceded... 1st: he lost the ball with a typical-DvB f*cked-up pass.... Then he was tooooo slow to react, such that a rather old striker (Frei) got around him and stroke a brilliant shot at goal...

And reviewing that goal, just look at MvB guys.... he simply does nothing... nothing... does not try to put the guy, who passed the ball to Streller, under pressure.... does not try to cut the ball... and then when the ball get pasts him, does not try to return at the highest speed to our box... he just walks and watches, AS IF HE IS THE REFREE!....
..... And this is a scene I see lots of times in our games.... briefly speaking, not only he does not help our attacking moves at all, he is always late in defense... AND HE DOES NOT EVEN GET SUBBED OUT... even when we need to come back from a 0-1 loss, Kroos comes out, and this useless prick remains on the field.... Because he is the one who should carry the heavy armband throughout the game, I guess :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

And then... We have a player like Tymo, who has such a quality, that even when he is given a 20min chance once a month, he shows what he is capable of.... even when he does not have any sort of match practice!!!!... I can't forget his performances against Lyon last year... COME ON LVG.... give him another chance, switch to 4-3-3, and bench MvB for a while.... Our results won't get any worse than they already are, I PROMISE!

And this switch might even take Dortmund by surprise... Because if we play with DvB in CB and MvB in central midfield, they'll rip us apart...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:10 am

Apparently the half time speech was done by van Bommel and Butt rather than van Gaal. This shows how close van Bommel is to the team, so it's a bit pointless hoping he'd be benched.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby eddinanM3 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:18 am

MUTU wrote:Apparently the half time speech was done by van Bommel and Butt rather than van Gaal. This shows how close van Bommel is to the team, so it's a bit pointless hoping he'd be benched.

Yes, you may be right and LVG probably won't bench MVB even though he should based on his performances of late. So I guess that we all have to hope he gets the flu or something. :mrgreen:

Schweini should have the armband as that is the only thing that is keeping MVB on the field at this point!

Take a look at where Van Buyten was on the field when he made that pass and how many defenders were around the guy he was passing to and then you will know that he had completely lost his mind because any verteran player of his experience level should never try something like that and leave his teamates hung out to dry. It was the single most stupid play that I have seen this season.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby AvatarX » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:46 am

MUTU wrote:Apparently the half time speech was done by van Bommel and Butt rather than van Gaal. This shows how close van Bommel is to the team, so it's a bit pointless hoping he'd be benched.

The problem is that Van Bommel does not say anything in the field with his performances. During the game - given the average performances of Lahm - only Schweini seems to have the heart needed for a captain...

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby cyberalex » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 am

1- What on earth should happen to convince Van Gaal to drop DVB? Why is he preferred over Demichelis? They both have lapses of concentration BUT Demichelis is faster, better tackler, and better in positioning... I mean, when on form, he is really someone I trust...
There is no reason why every Bayern fan should shake each time Basel got the ball... but it happened because we knew that they would be dangerous in one-on-one situation against that Tree called Van Buyten!!

2- Benching MVB is unrealistic because of all the circumstances we know... but Come on... I'm becoming sick of those players who impose themselves just because they have stronger personalities while they stink with the ball at their feet 75% of the time! What now? has MVB become a policeman? is he a traffic signal? how many times we see him gesticulating to players over where to play the ball... Ok it's important but VERY BASIC... JESUS CHRIST, WILL HE EVER DO SOMETHING USEFUL HIMSELF? Maybe I'm too furious at him, but it's only that I know that there's no serious room for improvement for him... If Muller, Schweini, Lahm suck, then i know it's a one-off or a bad phase... but for DVB and MVB it's frustrating because we know they cannot be seriously better (although MVB will look better once Robbery is around again).

3- What was Altintop doing yesterday exactly? Seriously! No comment... simply no comment... It's been going like this for him for a while now :x

4- then again, the striker position... Results speak for themselves...

5- Early season conclusion: I still cannot see whether Kroos will make it at Bayern, I keep hoping anyway
cyberalex
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League