You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-22] FC Basel vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

FC Basel will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
19%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2012-02-22] FC Basel vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:34 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Alaba

I thought he played well. Had a few good long shots and some decent passes, in my opinion our best attacking player yesterday. The rest were worse than Robben but I don't think that makes Robben good. He was average at best.

BTW, none of you seem to have mentioned it and I'm not sure about it myself, but I think we had a penalty call in the second half when a Basel defender went for the ball and kicked Muller's face...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 pm

I never thought I'd say this, but... we kinda miss DVB. We could write off pretty much any set piece we had because noone was ever going to even touch the ball there anyway. I just can't be arsed to write out my thoughts in long (the game was right between two 12-hour shifts for me), but if I had to pick the strongest lineup we had, it'd be this -

----------Olic----------
Ribery-Müller-Robben
--Schweini-Gustavo--
Lahm-DvB-Boa-Rafinha

And a couple of quick soundbites - Badstuber was lucky not to get sent off yesterday, same for Tymo. Rafinha's offensive contribution was impressive but let down by Robben's wimpiness. Olic and Müller need to play ahead of Gomez and Kroos because the latter two just can't play fast football.

Oh, and also a switch back to the 4-4-2/4-2-4 hybrid seems like a good idea.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Olic and Müller need to play ahead of Gomez and Kroos because the latter two just can't play fast football.

Oh, and also a switch back to the 4-4-2/4-2-4 hybrid seems like a good idea.

Agree, I made the same observation yesterday. I think Kroos needs to work into playing the Schweini role and that's it (which seems to be the way Loew thinks of him); he is just not fast enough to play as CAM and he neither has scoring presence in the box. We need Muller back into CAM or we have to switch our formation to 4-4-2.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby SilverX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:37 pm

YUPP OUT !!!

That's all I have to say!!!
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:32 pm

What a painful game this was to watch.
I'm not going to comment on what I thought of our players this match because I don't feel like swearing.
Only player that had some good moments was Boateng and perhaps Alaba.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby nur4bayern » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:41 pm

It's taken me a couple of days to calm down from this defeat. I hate to say this, but in a way I'm not surprised. Bayern have lost the cohesiveness they had before the winter break and they just can't seem to figure out how to find that, not in the BL and now not in the CL either.

The difference between a good team and a great team, is great teams find a way to win, even when they are not playing their best. Sometimes it's luck, sometimes it's taking adavntage of the only opportunity they had in a match. However it comes about, it does. Bayern are a good team that needs to find their greatness once again. They have little time to do this. I hope for their sake, and ours as devoted fans, they do.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Jupp Heynckes has admitted that two of his star players, Holger Badstuber and Thomas Muller clashed in the Bayern Munich changing room in the aftermath of Wednesday's first leg round of 16 defeat to Basel in the Champions League.

The Bavarians were slumped to a 1-0 defeat courtest of a late goal at St. Jakob Park, leaving them with the difficult task of having to win by two goals against the plucky Swiss outfit in the second leg to advance to the quarter-finals.

Muller, who came on as a substitute, and Badstuber felt that the 86th minute goal by Valentin Stocker would have been avoidable had the other tracked Jacques Zoua in the build-up to the winner.

It has now been confirmed that the two exchanged angry words in the wake of the match with the rest of the squad looking on, only for Heynckes to break the duo up.

"There was a disagreement between the two players, but things are perfectly fine now," Heyncked told Bild.

Bayern playmaker Toni Kroos implied that it was an isolated incident, and one that should be quickly forgotten.

"That happened in the dressing room, so I think it would be best for it to stay there."

Bayern welcome Schalke to the Allianz Arena on Sunday for a mouth-watering clash between third and fourth in the Bundesliga.

Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... een-thomas
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League