You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-22] FC Basel vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

FC Basel will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
19%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2012-02-22] FC Basel vs Bayern Munich

Postby RAGHU » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 am

i believe some fans could have cursed the club by frustration after the facebook app launch antic #-o .... the club needs to be exorcised :think:

I get a bit superstitious these days... :^o
RAGHU
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 am

http://www.sportyhub.com/ucl/fc-basel-v ... 2d4da.html

good highlights... 20 mins long.

you can see that Badstuber`s positioning was very bad when they struck two of those posts. and Rafinha out of position when we conceded.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby e-gore1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:38 am

Everything has been said already, but i'll summarize my 2cents about what frustrates me the most.

1) Aweful decision making. That is mainly Jupp to put the blame on. I think any football fan that has been watching bayern this season, can by now predict every attacking move they make. just watch the game last night! was there any attack you could say "wow, that was a nice/creative/unexpected move" ? I highly doubt it. same old Lahm -> ribery routine, until ribery runs alone into 3-4 defenders and loses the ball, or a longpass to robben so that he can start his own routine on the right side. Routine. No creativity, nothing.
I've read some comments here saying that our players are not good enough and we should accept it as it is. I disagree. Our players are a whole lot more capable of playing good football, but they lack the guidance. Jupp should either get a grip and change the tactics, or go look for a new job, cause no one cares if he won the CL with Real Madrid decades ago...Those were different years and the game has changed.

2) Kroos can NOT play CAM. Kroos lacks a couple of main qualities for that role, mainly speed, and by being slow, he dictates the speed at which we attack. he also loses every fight on the ball he gets with pretty much any player. Don't get me wrong, i think Kroos is a talented player, a good passer to say the least, but not at that position.

3) Lahm should be stripped from the captain armband. he is no leader material.

4) The Gomez - Olic dispute. Problem is, that no matter how shit Gomez has been lately, he will still always start and play until hes exhausted and loses interest, then let Olic play for the remaining 5 minutes. We need an alternative. Olic will never get back in shape if he gets 5 minutes of game play a week. either let him play more, or sack olic and get a new striker. I'm sick of relaying on Gomez to score all the goals (again, in this tactic).
e-gore1
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 am

"Stop with your fücking handshake"
- Uli Hoeness.

LOOOL. Lets laugh it off guys. It is quite a conceived notion we don't play well under pressure. We lost the game. Period. Now lets act like a team and sober up. No time to start pointing fingers. We put giants to shame, now they did the same to us.

Starting this Sunday, its payback time.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 pm

My points:

Robben was awful. He lost a lot of speed after his injury and he keeps trying (and failing) to beat men with speed.

The two days extra rest really helped Basel. At the end, they were fresher and that allowed them to score. Perhaps it's time that the Bundesliga starts looking out for its teams in European competitions too...

Boateng was truly world class. He saved our asses
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ronnie98 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 pm

MUTU wrote:My points:

Robben was awful. He lost a lot of speed after his injury and he keeps trying (and failing) to beat men with speed.

The two days extra rest really helped Basel. At the end, they were fresher and that allowed them to score. Perhaps it's time that the Bundesliga starts looking out for its teams in European competitions too...

Boateng was truly world class. He saved our asses

Robben was average yesterday he had ZERO motivation but IMO his pace is the same as it was 2 years ago but the thing is his mentality was very very bad, while rafinha and gomez fully deserve to be called flops of the game. Against Freiburg, when lahm moved to RB robben was amazing although he couldn't score. Conculsion: Rafniha is killing robben and the team! he is not bayern quality AT ALL!
I love boateng he is a beast in defense..i see it hard for bayern to qualify past basel unless they go on a winning streak from now till the second leg.
ronnie98
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mdm90 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:38 pm

Yeah I'd also have to disagree, Robben showed signs of still having his old pace, especially in the early moments of the game. He was just not being selfish, I wonder why..... :evil: Definitely the least of our worries and should start against Schalke.

And I would have to say I thought he did better than Ribery. Yes, Ribery had a couple of close chances, but they were due to Robben's great lobbed ball and Lahm's involvement. Otherwise he did very little individually (like the rest of the team to be fair EDIT: Except maybe Boateng and Neuer, =D> ). Robben really has no support, Rafinha is an average attacker who can't resist going forward and an even worse defender as a result.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby dambun » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Robben having his old speed???... Are you kidding guys....

He could not get past the defenders by his speed... not even once.... not only this game, but also at Freiburg... And you say he is as agile as he was before?... you must be kidding!!!

He's still a quality player though... even without his superb speed/acceleration.... But now he needs to adapt his game to be able to play positively and help the team, at least until he gets his speed back....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:07 pm

dambun wrote:Robben having his old speed???... Are you kidding guys....

He could not get past the defenders by his speed... not even once.... not only this game, but also at Freiburg... And you say he is as agile as he was before?... you must be kidding!!!

He's still a quality player though... even without his superb speed/acceleration.... But now he needs to adapt his game to be able to play positively and help the team, at least until he gets his speed back....

Thanks, I thought I was imagining things. Robben is a one-trick pony and his trick is impeded by his relative slow speed. From what I heard, when he runs he feels some pain and that causes him to slow down. Plus, he needs to build more muscle. Remember Ribery was slow after his injury but gradually got it back (or almost)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm

It is not over yet, but very hard. I think that in 3 weeks time we should be in a much better form, and 1-0 at home should not be hard. I am more worried about the league because I am scared of the game against Schalke, and if we lose that one we can forget our title dreams. The next few weeks are vital, we can lose all three competitions, but we also still have the time to make up for our recent games and get back on track for the treble.

Regarding the game, I do not want to say much. I haven't read your posts yet but I think you already said everything there is to say. I think the loss was deserved but we could have avoided that goal if Rafinha had been doing his job properly. Even the way it was I believe Neuer should have saved it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 pm

It is better that this "solbering" came now than in rematch...just like against Inter last season when we won 1:0 at San Siro and then lost at home and got knocked out of the CL. After that LVG was fired and we all know what happened.

We just need a good win at home and I am sure we will be more carefull this time.

And yes Robben did lose about 15% of his speed...Everyone can notice that.

Another thing I noticed on this forum...That everyone changes their minds after few games...Kroos as CAM...next week it is Muller as CAM...Kroos as CM etc...

I am still saying that Muller should be our CAM and Kroos our MC...but it all depends on our tactics.

Someone mentioned we dont have any fun on the pitch and that everyone can predict how our players will react...I share the same opinion...none of our players dont have any fun on the pitch and are not trying to make any defense splitting passes or some one-twos etc...
They play like robots and not like humans and dont use their common sense when it comes to creating or passing.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Robben looked concentrated on the match. He was trying to find his team mates with through passes all the time. He also helped in defense and you don't see that from Robben very often. He was to me our best attacking player by far. RIbery on the other hand is performing like last year's Ribery and not like this season. He is slow again and he keeps messing our plays trying to dribble every player on the field.

I have to disagree with Badstuber having a solid game. I think he had awful positioning yesterday. He had some decent tackles though.

There was one dangerous cross from Rafinha's wing that was headed by Streller (big tall guy) and he was being marked by LAHM while Badstuber was just doing nothing in the middle of our box #-o

BTW any chances of Schweini back for Allianz game?? already 2 weeks now since he got injured
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:24 pm

MUTU wrote:Robben was awful. He lost a lot of speed after his injury and he keeps trying (and failing) to beat men with speed.

I agree. I don't know how some are saying that he had a good game.

Seriously if I was coach right now I'd change our entire attacking system. YES, I would drop Ribery and Robben. I don't care. Ribery has done nothing but mess up our counter-attacks since January. Yesterday he missed a huge sitter in the first half. Robben... you guys said he played well against Kaiserslautern. I missed that one both from what I have seen recently, maybe Jupp was right to drop him.

I think we are facing one main choice. To stick with the 4-2-3-1 or to change it. I think that it is time for us to bring back the two striker system, but it could be possible to make the 4-2-3-1 work with a little changes. I do not think that the main problem is the formation, it's the players playing it. There is no chemistry at all. Every game I see 11 individuals out there, starting from the first minute and getting worse as the game goes on. Yesterday I think Alaba had a good game, he helped a lot in offense. If we are going to keep the CAM role, then he must be given a chance there. He can't be much worse than what we have right now.

Then there is the striker question. If we're going to keep the 4-2-3-1 I think Muller should be the one there, although Olic is another candidate.

So I think that either:

-------Tymo------Kroos---------
Robben----Alaba--------Ribery
------------Muller-----------------

or

---------Tymo----Kroos--------
Robben-------------------Ribery
--------Olic------Muller---------

or

---------------Tymo--------------
---------Alaba-----Kroos---------
--------------Muller---------------
---------Gomez---Olic-----------

are the ways to go. I know the last one has 0.00000001% chance of happening because of our obsession with Robbery, but as I said before, I do not think they are helping us out any more than the other players. We need to shuffle around our attacking lot and find a group that acts as a team.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:27 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Another thing I noticed on this forum...That everyone changes their minds after few games...Kroos as CAM...next week it is Muller as CAM...Kroos as CM etc...

I am still saying that Muller should be our CAM and Kroos our MC...but it all depends on our tactics.

True.

My opinion is that Kroos is better as CAM than as CM but only when Schweini is on the field. Müller at top form is probably better but he is very far from that.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Robben was awful??? Then how did Ribery, Gomez, Kroos, Alaba, Lahm... play?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League