You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-02-22] FC Basel vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

FC Basel will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
19%
Bayern Munich will win
81%

Total votes : 26

Re: [2012-02-22] FC Basel vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:07 am

We were all laughing at Dortmund for disgracefully crashing out of the CL :shock: well they are currently on their way to claim at least one trophy this year [-X
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby The Spyware » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:13 am

It's a Fact tha Heynckes is helpless and doesn't have any imagination
Since Schweini 's injury in Napoli's game and we are total sh!t
Just Remember two years ago when we had to play Manchester United without SCHWEINI AND ROBBEN and we gave them a hell of a lesson with the likes Pranijc and Hamit , it was never about individual player , It's about a total defect in the system, That is just unbelievable not to be able to compensate an individual absence for three months now , that's a historic fail
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby machkover » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:18 am

MoFattal wrote:We were all laughing at Dortmund for disgracefully crashing out of the CL :shock: well they are currently on their way to claim at least one trophy this year [-X

They ahave been performing way far better than us lately even when they lost at the CL ! Yet we shall be through to the next stage ,mates , just cool down !
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby uzi716 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:21 am

I'm upset we didn't start Muller and Gustavo.

Watching this game you'll see we have nothing coming from the middle. Basel did a good job marking our wide players and without Schweinsteiger we have nothing.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby machkover » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 am

The Spyware wrote:Where is EQ Kimball =D>

he must be so pissed off (as it is the case with most of us) !! :evil:
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby walter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:34 am

The Spyware wrote:Where is EQ Kimball =D>

I wonder myself. I actually liked him despite his aggressively confrontational nature. He must feel redeemed cause look how well Klose is playing. He's probably a Lazio fan now.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:55 am

The Spyware wrote:It's a Fact tha Heynckes is helpless and doesn't have any imagination
Since Schweini 's injury in Napoli's game and we are total sh!t
Just Remember two years ago when we had to play Manchester United without SCHWEINI AND ROBBEN and we gave them a hell of a lesson with the likes Pranijc and Hamit , it was never about individual player , It's about a total defect in the system, That is just unbelievable not to be able to compensate an individual absence for three months now , that's a historic fail

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby mdm90 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:10 am

Ok I've had some time to go away, calm down, and think about what really pissed me off today.

Our attack. Someone else mentioned that we seemed to slow down the second we got into our attacking half and begin passing around, and I feel the exact same way. So many times I expected Robben to burst past the 2 men constantly on him and head down the wing, but never. I can only feel that once again as someone else said, he is playing TOO selflessly..... He definitely showed he still has pace, although his shooting was way off- he will get that back. We can't bench him again. As for Ribery, he had the same problems- we were too slow, they always were able to have so many men back, and Kroos is just not fast and decisive enough to help him break down such a defence. Mueller should have come on for KROOS alot earlier, not Ribery. And Olic should have come on for Gomez half a damn hour earlier than he did, what was Jupp thinking?

Then there is our defending. I thought for the most part Lahm and Boateng were ok today, it's hard to say they were amazing when so much chaos was going on around them. I thought Badstuber steadied up a bit as the game progressed BUT NOT RAFINHA. He needs to be benched again indefinitely, put Gustavo or Tymo back there if need be. He was responsible for that last goal, had Stocker somewhat covered but then chose to completely leave him unmarked without any good reason. Not to mention the number of attacks that came down his side... Never in a good position, always scurrying to get back because he overcommits himself in attack and has done so countless times this season.

And of course tactics. Under LVG we were defensively poor, but explosive in attack. I understand Kroos had a good first half of season and is favoured by Jupp, but we need to try more potent offensive plays with our old go-to lineup with Mueller at CAM.
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby armbrust » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 am

You are obssesed with resting players.

Its not only about fisical rest, its also about giving time play to the bench to keep the club together as a team.

Check this: Hitzfeld: "It seems like something is very wrong inside Bayern's dressing room!"
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby slyk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:52 am

SilverX wrote:Kroos keeps getting play time when he clearly is not a caliber for Bayern's midfield.

Now i can see the player comments.

"We didn't do enough, next game we have to go full out"

"We need to play with more aggression"

"We are hungry for titles" ----> a team that is hungry for titles does not play like a pack of sissies. All the post game comentary is pissing me off, every time the same, no change in attitude or play.

Lots of people say stick with them through bad and good. I do trust me but when shit goes wrong stuff needs to change, simple as that....

Aequitas1987 wrote:Honestly I usually dont say this but where are the tactics? We are playing like an inferior version of LVG tactics. Where is Heckneyes creativity? He was supposed to bring balance in attack and defense, yes we are SLIGHTLY better in defense but are FAR MORE INFERIOR in attack AND possession now then we were under LVG.

If you want to see the perfect example, look at when Robben won that free kick late in the 2nd half. We had Badstuber, Alaba, Kroos, Ribery, Robben all looking to take a free kick. ISNT HEYNKEYES SUPPOSED TO ASSIGN PEOPLE WHO TAKE DIRECT FREE KICKS WHO TAKE INDIRECT FREE KICKS, WHO TAKE FREE KICKS BASED ON DISTANCE? Where are the **** tactics?

Honestly there is dissent in the locker room, its obvious, egos are clashing, bench players are not happy and Heynckeyes cant control them at all. He needs to put the players in their place really, there is too much power with the players, we dont want to become Chelsea 2.0 where players get more power than coaches.

dambun wrote:You know what's killing the shit out of me???!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Just remembered right after the Qatar training camp everyone of our management talking about how great the circumstances were.... like it has been one of the greatest training camps in the history....

But now we see there is no chemistry in the team... no improvement over first half... many of our players, including Gomez, Kroos, ... are clearly less on form than before the break.... And we have swapped a 3-point lead in the BL table with a 4-point lagging! in just 5 games!!! Now our CL campaign is in serious danger too!!!

Someone do something for God's sake if we want to take something out of this season.... Something needs to change!... The most obvious thing is that WE MUST NOT CONTINUE LIKE THIS!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 am

Don't blame the players. many of them are over rated. blame should be directed to Nerlinger, Uli, and co.

it's not the players fault if they are average. that is who they are. It's the people thinking they can play that are failing!!

this form is nothing new,people!!! it has been going on for some time now.

bayern need to rethink their roster next year.

robben, aging, not as fast, and injury prone And over selfish
Kroos? mueller? Defense?

Lots to worry and be concern with.

mark my words, Bayern Will not advance in UCL.
bayern123
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 am

It is not about players...it is about the system...we dont have any system of our own. Heynckess uses LVG system but only little bit different. Nothing new!

With our players and their wages we should be 3 goals up by the halftime. we have quality. 10x more than Basel...but something is just wrong with our style of play.

We have one of the fastest attacking players on Earth but we dont know how to use that speed. We are streching our play too much and without any effect. We should be bursting into their box with everything we have but we still manage to just pass the ball around just like we did under LVG.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Bilmuash » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:52 am

We are absolutely disgraceful at away games, so nothing new is coming.

F*ck, Heynckes is even making LVG look like a good coach.
Bilmuash
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AvatarX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 am

sch0ll7 wrote:We should have scored 1 or 2 goals at the start of the game...everything would be different.

I think that we did not play as bad as some think...Only Rafinha and Gomez had a bad game...every other player had quite solid game.

We lost because we gave everything to score that goal away from home. Basel could actually play their normal counter attacking game at home. We made that possible for them and that is why we lost. We should be taking this game more balanced and not just go all out and give space for them to hit us on the break.

This is knock out round for Gods sake...you cant just go all out and hope you will win 3:0 away from home and in CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

I also blame Jupp for this loss. We could have won if RIbery scored those first goals but that does not matter. Haynckess should have put Gustavo in around the 60th minute [instead of Alaba] so the midfield would be more balanced. Alaba was good offensively but lacked experience when it came to defending and closing space.

And he shouldnt have put Muller in instead of Gomez so we would be much faster on counters and we could work the space better. Olic is still not ready and is totally out of form. Ribery should be playing the full 90 minutes.

I am really angry and sad...but I believe we can turn this around at home...we have 90 minutes to score 1 goal - and not concede. It should be that hard if we fight for the full 90 minutes.

I totally agree, especially for the subs. Jupp was wrong subbing RIbery. Seeing the match again on replay, Ribery and Robben were the only constant threads there.

Really, after a lot of experiments during the first Schweini injury, we found out that the best combo was one of Gustavo/Tymo with Kroos in Schweini's place and Muller as CAM. I don't know why we should wait so many games again to have this combo in midfield, while having failed experiments with Alaba/Tymo + Kroos CAM, Alaba/Gustavo + Kroos CAM...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby lau03143 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 am

The fact is, we didin't score and all the ifs and buts of if we scored, but it was a late goal to loose is irrelevant.

The game was there for the taking in the second half, we dominated the possesion of the ball, yet created very few chances.

Yet there was no change of formation, Basel quite clearly had a game plan and it was working, we had to change ours. Bringing Olic on so late was pointless, Taking one of our most potent players off and replacing him with Mueller (admittedly he did have a good impact) was not great, we had so much possesion, that we could have taken off Tymo or Alaba and had an extra man up front (in either Mueller or Olic), which could have made a difference.

Relying on one player (Gomez) to score all the goals,isn't a sustainable game plan, and if it's not working, the coach must be willing to change it.

But... like I said, all ifs and buts... all that matters is that, we need at least 2 goals in the return leg to go through, and we do have the players, ability and mental strength to do that. We are Bayern Muenchen after all! :thumbup:
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League