You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby Element » Fri May 08, 2015 9:44 am

As i said , because we lost ,we are talking about those little things that would have made the difference

Had we kept that 0:0 , no one would even remember this and we would have called Guardiola a Genius
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri May 08, 2015 9:45 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Fri May 08, 2015 9:46 am

So says the man with the click to rewind youtube video.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri May 08, 2015 9:48 am

tflags wrote:So says the man with the click to rewind youtube video.

Come on, admit it. Any German player who's not Mario Goetze would have probably sprinted there.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri May 08, 2015 9:58 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:So says the man with the click to rewind youtube video.

Come on, admit it. Any German player who's not Mario Goetze would have probably sprinted there.

Actually, I was thinking the only guy who loves to leave his area unmarked to rebounds and run to the small box is CR7 but I'm sure that will lead to an even more bizarre discussion as I have seen during these past 24 hours.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby quaazi » Fri May 08, 2015 10:59 am

MUTU wrote:I'm looking at the Lewandowski miss and I'm noticing something I hadn't before... Thiago has much to blame.

Look at the very start of the video, just before Mueller gives the pass. You can see that the last man is very far back next to Mueller but Thiago is just jogging around. Had he sprinted the whole way, he'd have been able to tap the Lewa miss into the open goal with Ter Stegen on the ground on the side.

Don't be silly, he picked up the right position. Lewandowski is the man in front of the goal, Thiago is just back a bit ready for a longer cross or a rebound. There's no point in two players both running into the goal. He was using his brains there.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MaCk0y » Fri May 08, 2015 12:29 pm

I have never seen Jorge so much frustrated before. :?

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Fri May 08, 2015 2:36 pm

MaCk0y wrote:I have never seen Jorge so much frustrated before. :?

Sent from Neo N003

No question: too painful to see this generation of players after putting Bayern (and Germany) so high falling down so quickly. Painful to see how a super coach comes in and destroys Bayern's trademark style just to satisfy his own ego. I can go on and on, player by player, tactic by tactic about how Pep got it all wrong.

I just take Lahm as an example: the best Right Back in the world, turned into an average midfielder and performing as a mediocre player at this point. I can name a handful of other world class players that are a shadow of themselves but Muller said it all: "Can somebody stop this madness?"

I am afraid Pep can't so it will come down to the people above him, do they have the leadership to fix it once and for all, with or without Pep? Is Bayern the same organization since Uli Hoeneß left the steering wheel in somebody else's hands?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Korab » Fri May 08, 2015 3:20 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:Lol. I don't know which one is less accurate, the fact that he's assumed Lewandowski had every chance to score (in like a fraction of a second) meaning he didn't have to run at all but rather wait for the rebound if necessary or the fact that I don't bash Gomez but rather follow Him.

If he wanted to get a possible rebound, then he needed to be closer to goal than Dani Alves, so he still needed to sprint. Also because he hadn't sprinted he gave Mueller only one possibility for the pass. I'm just saying 99% of players would have sprinted in that situation. He didn't. In hindsight, that decision cost us the opener.

I know Tflags is tired of my "fundamentalist BS", I don't know meaning of that statement (must be some media influence to use some BS words), but you're right. It happened many times in the past that first guy misses and there is another one to assure that the ball ends up in the net. It would be stupid to think that any cross is so precise that is addressed only to one player. And that is the fact.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 08, 2015 5:45 pm

AvatarX wrote:I know many of you don't rate Loew that much, but he somehow managed to entirely neutralize Messi when needed.

You know I've been thinking about this. Loew is perhaps the most enigmatic coach out there. He has an excellent track record and undoubtedly has had some good ideas yet at the same time he sometimes acts crazier than Pep in his choices. I wouldn't want him as coach of Bayern but I wonder whether he'd succeed or not.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri May 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Marck11 wrote:Next thing: Bayern are so bad in set plays now. I dont think they even practice them now. The corner kicks are so bad that they are not any threat at all inspite of having taller players. What'll you say for that ?

Corners, true. But although I don't have the stats to back it up I'm willing to bet we've scored more free kicks this year than any other in recent times. Can't blame Pep for losing Alaba can you? At least we still have Alonso...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 08, 2015 6:00 pm

But Alaba also said he practices his free kicks after training, because in training they don't practice free kicks. Can't credit Pep for that.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Marck11 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:32 pm

bastos80 wrote:
We've always been bad at set pieces. Defending them was even worse while Jupp was here. Your point is completely invalid.
Obviously the coach is always to blame, but what you're spouting is just exaggeration and according to you, Pep is the only one at fault for those loses. Last year we lost 1-0 at the Bernabeu, hardly a desaster. Then we conceded 2 goals at the dead ball inside 5 minutes and the tie was over.

Pep doesn't even get full control over the squad. He wanted to keep Kroos but the board wouldn't let him. Stuff like that would've never happened at Barca. Getting rid of Kroos and signing Xabi probably wasn't the only compromise he had to make.

Its simply hypocritical only blaming Pep for losses while only the players get all the credit for fantastic performances or for winning the league e.g "Any coach would've done that".

No Bayern were not bad in set pieces. 2 goals against Barcelona last time were from set pieces when they used the height advantage to devastating effect. You must be soking a lot of 'Pep'ijuana to think otherwise.

"Pep doesn't even get full control over the squad. "
Didnt he accept to send Shaqiri out or not?

"Its simply hypocritical only blaming Pep for losses while only the players get all the credit for fantastic performances or for winning the league e.g "Any coach would've done that"."

Again, nonsense. Most of the blame for the debacle in 2012 final was on Jupp Heynckes. Same man was given most of the credit next season. Players too but the coach received praise from everyone. But the Bayern management did not consolidate that and went straight to a super-manager thinking he'll get them above Mt. Everest. Alas, he completely dismantled the style of play and now Bayern doesnt have an identity.

A team which used to go away and win fearlessly is hiding their tails behind the back even against teams like CSKA. They dont have any clue on how to score against top opposition and rely on some gritty performances at home to go through. That will not happen again. Even if it happens, I am 100% sure it will not be due to the super manager but due to another performance from the players.
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marck11 » Sat May 09, 2015 2:34 pm

RedQueen wrote:But Alaba also said he practices his free kicks after training, because in training they don't practice free kicks. Can't credit Pep for that.

It's criminal that managers like Guardiola and Wenger gets away with this. It's not that set pieces are illegal in football and so they are not a part of the preparation. You dont dream of winning at the top level if you ignore things like defense, set pieces etc. Germany had a good time with set pieces in the world cup too..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Reinhart » Sat May 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Marck11 wrote:Germany had a good time with set pieces in the world cup too.

This is exactly why you need to practice every part of the game while in training. Players can't be expected to come up with a plan during the match for set pieces on a whim. Didn't someone also said they didn't practice penalty kicks before the Leverkusen cup match? What insanity!
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League