You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 9:20 pm

Oh the fun on the forum in the aftermath of a loss and the doomsday predictions.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dstroe » Thu May 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Marck11 wrote:
dstroe wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
I agree with you that our players have been terrible at the end of games in the last few weeks. Most of our players just aren't fit enough at this point in the season to last the full 90 minutes. On top of that it seems that the players just aren't quite as hungry as the 12/13 season. In 12/13 there was just a ruthless aggression about the team that gave us an edge in every match. Everybody is making it seem like everything is Pep's fault but that is absolutely not the case. I understand that we are all frustrated and disappointed but we have to understand that winning the champions league twice in three years would be an incredible feat. I'm not saying that our standards should be lowered but we should also look at the state of our team right now and realize that being overly critical especially of Pep is quite unfair. This Barcelona team is clicking at the right moment and they have every single important player in their squad. That being said we aren't out of it yet even if the odds are extremely long.

What infuriates people like me is not losing, but losing due to poor tactics which was developed to satisfy a man's 'philosophy' than the team under him. He's not a chemist testing his drugs on helpless animals. A not so naive manager would have taken a 1-0 defeat back to Allianz arena to at least have a chance. But our super-manager thought he can get a 1-3 win and brought on Gotze for Muller. That is madness for you.

I do agree with you that Pep is overly stubborn and refuses to change his tactics. He has a huge ego and should have been a lot more conservative playing away but all Im saying is the blame can't go completely on him.
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby johndear » Thu May 07, 2015 10:47 pm

I do agree with you that Pep is overly stubborn and refuses to change his tactics. He has a huge ego and should have been a lot more conservative playing away but all Im saying is the blame can't go completely on him.

Yes...... Captain of ship still responsible for the sinking the ship....even though crew screw up....
All's Fair In LOVE and WAR
johndear
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Thu May 07, 2015 10:53 pm

bastos80 wrote: Pep doesn't even get full control over the squad. He wanted to keep Kroos but the board wouldn't let him. Stuff like that would've never happened at Barca. Getting rid of Kroos and signing Xabi probably wasn't the only compromise he had to make.

I am not sure that Pep was so firm on Kroos, one day he said that there was no indispensable players the next he would say something different.

bastos80 wrote: Its simply hypocritical only blaming Pep for losses while only the players get all the credit for fantastic performances or for winning the league e.g "Any coach would've done that".

I am not sure about this generalization, for the most part for years in this forum credit is given to the managers as well when Bayern wins. If Pep turns around the SF next Tuesday I am sure many of us will give him credit, although I doubt that a result like that will come from the same tactics and I am afraid it is too late for miracles.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby tflags » Thu May 07, 2015 11:20 pm

endrity wrote:
tflags wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:The thing I blame Pep for mostly is not the game plan he came up with last night, but his repetitive statements(in the summer and winter) that he's satisfied with the squad and he doesn't need other players. It may not be his fault that our wingers are injured, but it's sure as hell his fault that there are no backups for them. In the winter mercato he should've requested one winger at least, ESPECIALLY after Shaqiri's departure.

It is quite clear you're blaming the wrong fellow here. It is was up to guardiola the guy who scored the third goal would have been playing on the other side. The board decides the transfers at Bayern, not the coach. Thiago was the sole exception and he had to even make a public ultimatum to get him.

There is no indication at all that Neymar wanted to play for Pep, he wanted to play alongside Messi and has tried very hard to be Messi's buddy. In addition, there is no way that this club would have paid 80m+ or whatever Barca actually paid for Neymar. We are not on that crazy level yet.

Let me add that Neymar is not at a Messi or Ronaldo level right now, he is a very good player but one which has been contained well enough by most top teams.

I don't know if you understood my words 'cause the point was perfectly clear: Dude was blaming Guardiola for the transfers. It is quite clear coaches do not decide transfers at Bayern but rather the board as reported both from KHR and insiders. So, again, if it was up to Guardiola, Neymar was probably playing for Bayern last night and not Barza. And regarding his level, I am afraid I can't ague with you. I've seen him live and trust me there are games he's the heart and soul of the team while Messi looks like he needs a vomit treatment. The game vs Elche had the Camp Nou applauding the fellow while there were whistles towards Antman. It might be a matter of appreciation but yes, if you want to compare Neymar vs Messi on a Santos vs Barza game or Neymar in Brazil vs Gotze at Germany . . .
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby mats19 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Neymar is a brilliant player.. Unique, trust me.
He has abillity to drible with both legs..
He has speed, good dribbling skills, good free kick, leadersheep (he is now captain of my National team) and he's not injury prone.
Although he plays on the left wing, he can be a all rounder striker..
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Kevinx67 » Thu May 07, 2015 11:50 pm

Element wrote:
RedQueen wrote:Rizzoli isn't the one who sends players off for ridiculous reasons, much less in knock-out games. No way he would have sent Neymar off for this and get him suspended for the next game. As others have noted, Neuer's decision to get on so quickly with the game might also have been motivated by his concern that Rizzoli might think twice and award Barca a penalty. I don't think that would have happened either; in the end it was Bernat's error that led to the goal.

The Referee did a great job and has nothing to do with the game and result at all

regarding the attack , Neuer tried to initiate a fast attack while neymar and the others were Busy which is What Neuer has been doing constantly with Bayern (which is the right thing to do) , the one to Blame is Bernat who tried to make a run few meters outside our box and suddenly loses the ball without being really tackled

The ref was bad. He's not the reason Bayern lost but could of handed out a few more yellows and a red to Neymar. Raditic could easily seen two yellow especilly when he was hugging Boetang in the box when Bayern had a corner. A few deserved cards to Barca would of kept them honest and open a little more space for Bayern.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Korab » Fri May 08, 2015 12:09 am

This is getting really futile discussion. First - Bayern is still mostly German club so all those dribblings and tricks are foreign to them, they're good for Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Germans have won plenty of trophies using their straight forward tactics, systems and useful technic to outplay others. Do they have to adjust to Guardiola system and get all those things to win? No! I think better Guardiola goes.
The second - the 2-legged competition is not finished yet. I'm not really very optimistic because I considered 2 goal loss as a still positive outcome for Bayern, 3 goals is a bit too much. Somebody just has to restrain that guy, he won't beat Barca with his Barca tools, just simple as that. Lewa, Mueller and others are not south american or Spanish players types, just let them go.
I have more points to discuss but I don't want to bore you with my theories. Just let Bayern play their own game, of course after 2 years it is possible they forgot their own ways, but Porto experience shows me they still have it.
I know you want more southern type players in Bayern but it's like pissing gasoline on fire instead of using just water.
Just let Germans be Germans and not halfass Spanish.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby rthebest » Fri May 08, 2015 6:07 am

Relax guys it was just a game. We all sad that we lost but life goes on. Maybe tactics was bad, maybe players were too tired, definitely missing Robben didn't help either. But please stop comparing 2013 game with this one. Back then we had Ribbery on his best season, a fresh , angry Robben on form Basti and Lahm Not mentioning they were all 2 year younger. On the othet hand Barselona had injury from back to front and yes Messi was injured.
By the way Bayern with a german coach lost to Barcelona 4-0.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby tflags » Fri May 08, 2015 9:08 am

Korab wrote:This is getting really futile discussion. First - Bayern is still mostly German club so all those dribblings and tricks are foreign to them, they're good for Brazil, Spain, Portugal and Germans have won plenty of trophies using their straight forward tactics, systems and useful technic to outplay others. Do they have to adjust to Guardiola system and get all those things to win? No! I think better Guardiola goes.
The second - the 2-legged competition is not finished yet. I'm not really very optimistic because I considered 2 goal loss as a still positive outcome for Bayern, 3 goals is a bit too much. Somebody just has to restrain that guy, he won't beat Barca with his Barca tools, just simple as that. Lewa, Mueller and others are not south american or Spanish players types, just let them go.
I have more points to discuss but I don't want to bore you with my theories. Just let Bayern play their own game, of course after 2 years it is possible they forgot their own ways, but Porto experience shows me they still have it.
I know you want more southern type players in Bayern but it's like pissing gasoline on fire instead of using just water.
Just let Germans be Germans and not halfass Spanish.

I am getting a little bit tired of your fundamentalist bullshit.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Fri May 08, 2015 9:20 am

MUTU wrote:I'm looking at the Lewandowski miss and I'm noticing something I hadn't before... Thiago has much to blame.

You're kidding, Right?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Fri May 08, 2015 9:23 am

tflags wrote:
MUTU wrote:I'm looking at the Lewandowski miss and I'm noticing something I hadn't before... Thiago has much to blame.

You're kidding, Right?

No I'm not. It's looking obvious that Mueller is going to put in the cross. Lewandowski is at the near post but Thiago doesn't race towards the far post. You guys bash Gomez because you claim he scores too many easy tap-ins, but you know very well that had it been Gomez instead of Thiago in that action he'd be attempting to break his personal speed record to get to that far post. And yes, then have an easy tap-in.

Mueller put a decent ball in (pass could have been better), Lewandowski missed, but Thiago wasn't there out of pure laziness in this particular action
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Fri May 08, 2015 9:30 am

Lol. I don't know which one is less accurate, the fact that he's assumed Lewandowski had every chance to score (in like a fraction of a second) meaning he didn't have to run at all but rather wait for the rebound if necessary or the fact that I don't bash Gomez but rather follow Him.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:34 am

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:

You're kidding, Right?

No I'm not. It's looking obvious that Mueller is going to put in the cross. Lewandowski is at the near post but Thiago doesn't race towards the far post. You guys bash Gomez because you claim he scores too many easy tap-ins, but you know very well that had it been Gomez instead of Thiago in that action he'd be attempting to break his personal speed record to get to that far post. And yes, then have an easy tap-in.

Mueller put a decent ball in (pass could have been better), Lewandowski missed, but Thiago wasn't there out of pure laziness in this particular action

I guess it's just one of those little things you would notice when the team lost the way we did, any other game and we wouldn't be talking about that. Putting much of the blame to Thiago might be too much, though (exactly because he's not Gomez, or just lacking striker instinct in general). Between Lewandowski bottling that and Thiago failing to follow up, surely the former is the heavier lapse in my opinion.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Fri May 08, 2015 9:35 am

tflags wrote:Lol. I don't know which one is less accurate, the fact that he's assumed Lewandowski had every chance to score (in like a fraction of a second) meaning he didn't have to run at all but rather wait for the rebound if necessary or the fact that I don't bash Gomez but rather follow Him.

If he wanted to get a possible rebound, then he needed to be closer to goal than Dani Alves, so he still needed to sprint. Also because he hadn't sprinted he gave Mueller only one possibility for the pass. I'm just saying 99% of players would have sprinted in that situation. He didn't. In hindsight, that decision cost us the opener.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League