You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 pm

Reminder to vote in our player ratings :(

Player Ratings
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm looking at the Lewandowski miss and I'm noticing something I hadn't before... Thiago has much to blame.

Look at the very start of the video, just before Mueller gives the pass. You can see that the last man is very far back next to Mueller but Thiago is just jogging around. Had he sprinted the whole way, he'd have been able to tap the Lewa miss into the open goal with Ter Stegen on the ground on the side.

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dstroe » Thu May 07, 2015 7:59 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm looking at the Lewandowski miss and I'm noticing something I hadn't before... Thiago has much to blame.

Look at the very start of the video, just before Mueller gives the pass. You can see that the last man is very far back next to Mueller but Thiago is just jogging around. Had he sprinted the whole way, he'd have been able to tap the Lewa miss into the open goal with Ter Stegen on the ground on the side.

I hadnt noticed that before either.... That was just depressing :(
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Thu May 07, 2015 8:00 pm

MUTU wrote:I'm looking at the Lewandowski miss and I'm noticing something I hadn't before... Thiago has much to blame.

I noticed that in the game , but because it was 0-0 , i looked at in another way , i said " had Thiago sprinted we would have probably sprinted"

now after the game and you posting this , One can only say " WHY THE **** DIDNT THAT GUY RUN , NO ONE WAS EVEN COVERING HIM"
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Thu May 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Element wrote:had Thiago sprinted we would have probably sprinted

Nah man I was sitting on my sofa, didn't feel like a sprint.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:20 pm

Thats says it all.. Its not just this match. Over the 2 years this dumba*s manager has regressed Bayern, made them into impotent idiots who have no clue how to build a momentum in a 2 legged encounter, when to attack and when to retreat, when to defend and when to explode.

They are always pathetic away from home under him. The earlier bayern under Van Gaal and Heynckes were so good away from home that some of their terrific wins were away from home. People may say the Roma game but it's a one-off rather than the norm.

Muller is justifiably appalled at this shit and has asked the same. It's time for the Bayern senior players like Lahm, Shweini et al to do a AVB (when he was at chelsea) on this guy..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:23 pm

You're pathetic.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:32 pm

bastos80 wrote:Bayern paid the price for all the injuries, exhausted and unfit players in the last 15 minutes. I expected a break down tbh.

Stupidity.. the scoreline should have been 3-0 inside 15 mins and that was not due to injuries, exhausted and unfit players. It was due to a dumba*s manager who thinks he can play circus in the UCL against Barcelona in camp nou. He did not have any injuries last season but yet lost. Same tactics, same result. Nothing changes, the manager, his tactics and his fanboys in different forums.
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:43 pm

You're the stupid one if you're too blind to see that we've been regressing at the 70. minute mark in the last couple of weeks :lol:
You can't stop MSN, but you're probably that kind of guy who thinks Jupp would've done that by himself.

Some people are so spoiled by that 12/13 season that they expect Bayern to completely stop those 3. Ridiculous.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 07, 2015 8:54 pm

bastos80 wrote:You're the stupid one if you're too blind to see that we've been regressing at the 70. minute mark in the last couple of weeks :lol:
You can't stop MSN, but you're probably that kind of guy who thinks Jupp would've done that by himself.

Some people are so spoiled by that 12/13 season that they expect Bayern to completely stop those 3. Ridiculous.

My point is that it doesnt matter whether we are tired by 70 minutes. It's that the tactics and the whole gameplan is to attack mindlessly like a headless chicken without thinking of anything else.

Even if we agree that team is tired by 70 mins and you had noticed that, its the manager's job to handle that as well. Mourinho may be a moron but he would not have done that in the last 20 minutes.

Next thing: Bayern are so bad in set plays now. I dont think they even practice them now. The corner kicks are so bad that they are not any threat at all inspite of having taller players. What'll you say for that ?

BTW, what is your defense for the last season debacle when there are no 'injuries or tiredness' ?
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby dstroe » Thu May 07, 2015 8:56 pm

bastos80 wrote:You're the stupid one if you're too blind to see that we've been regressing at the 70. minute mark in the last couple of weeks :lol:

I agree with you that our players have been terrible at the end of games in the last few weeks. Most of our players just aren't fit enough at this point in the season to last the full 90 minutes. On top of that it seems that the players just aren't quite as hungry as the 12/13 season. In 12/13 there was just a ruthless aggression about the team that gave us an edge in every match. Everybody is making it seem like everything is Pep's fault but that is absolutely not the case. I understand that we are all frustrated and disappointed but we have to understand that winning the champions league twice in three years would be an incredible feat. I'm not saying that our standards should be lowered but we should also look at the state of our team right now and realize that being overly critical especially of Pep is quite unfair. This Barcelona team is clicking at the right moment and they have every single important player in their squad. That being said we aren't out of it yet even if the odds are extremely long.
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby dstroe » Thu May 07, 2015 8:58 pm

Marck11 wrote:

My point is that it doesnt matter whether we are tired by 70 minutes. It's that the tactics and the whole gameplan is to attack mindlessly like a headless chicken without thinking of anything else.

Even if we agree that team is tired by 70 mins and you had noticed that, its the manager's job to handle that as well. Mourinho may be a moron but he would not have done that in the last 20 minutes.

Next thing: Bayern are so bad in set plays now. I dont think they even practice them now. The corner kicks are so bad that they are not any threat at all inspite of having taller players. What'll you say for that ?

BTW, what is your defense for the last season debacle when there are no 'injuries or tiredness' ?

Pep admitted that he screwed up royally for the second game of the Madrid tie. He took the blame for getting the tactics completely wrong.
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 pm

dstroe wrote:
Marck11 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
Pep admitted that he screwed up royally for the second game of the Madrid tie. He took the blame for getting the tactics completely wrong.

And that absolves him of all the blame? He may say the same next week as well. Question is whether it is acceptable to the team and the fans. TO me it is not.
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:09 pm

dstroe wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
I agree with you that our players have been terrible at the end of games in the last few weeks. Most of our players just aren't fit enough at this point in the season to last the full 90 minutes. On top of that it seems that the players just aren't quite as hungry as the 12/13 season. In 12/13 there was just a ruthless aggression about the team that gave us an edge in every match. Everybody is making it seem like everything is Pep's fault but that is absolutely not the case. I understand that we are all frustrated and disappointed but we have to understand that winning the champions league twice in three years would be an incredible feat. I'm not saying that our standards should be lowered but we should also look at the state of our team right now and realize that being overly critical especially of Pep is quite unfair. This Barcelona team is clicking at the right moment and they have every single important player in their squad. That being said we aren't out of it yet even if the odds are extremely long.

What infuriates people like me is not losing, but losing due to poor tactics which was developed to satisfy a man's 'philosophy' than the team under him. He's not a chemist testing his drugs on helpless animals. A not so naive manager would have taken a 1-0 defeat back to Allianz arena to at least have a chance. But our super-manager thought he can get a 1-3 win and brought on Gotze for Muller. That is madness for you.
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bastos80 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Marck11 wrote:

We've always been bad at set pieces. Defending them was even worse while Jupp was here. Your point is completely invalid.
Obviously the coach is always to blame, but what you're spouting is just exaggeration and according to you, Pep is the only one at fault for those loses. Last year we lost 1-0 at the Bernabeu, hardly a desaster. Then we conceded 2 goals at the dead ball inside 5 minutes and the tie was over.

Pep doesn't even get full control over the squad. He wanted to keep Kroos but the board wouldn't let him. Stuff like that would've never happened at Barca. Getting rid of Kroos and signing Xabi probably wasn't the only compromise he had to make.

Its simply hypocritical only blaming Pep for losses while only the players get all the credit for fantastic performances or for winning the league e.g "Any coach would've done that".
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League