You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby MoFattal » Thu May 07, 2015 4:24 pm

They are, but almost 17 minuted made us kick Porto's butts as well. A football game will, and righfully so, only be judged based on 90 minutes. Saying that we were even for 78 minutes doesn't give justice to our tag as European heavyweights.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:03 pm

in all honesty for an hour bayern played well the first 15 and last 15 were really poor i know there was a lack of pace but with the amount of possession and the shakiness of their defence i feel we should have been able to create a lot more in the hour we played well. No idea what the score will be in the second leg probably a 1-1 or 2-1 either way
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby bastos80 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Bayern paid the price for all the injuries, exhausted and unfit players in the last 15 minutes. I expected a break down tbh.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby paula8lopes » Thu May 07, 2015 5:28 pm

bastos80 wrote:Bayern paid the price for all the injuries, exhausted and unfit players in the last 15 minutes. I expected a break down tbh.

Exactly what I think

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
paula8lopes
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marck11 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:46 pm

"Even on the domestic front, questions have to be asked. Despite winning the Bundesliga by a comfortable margin, Bayern this season won just two out of eight fixtures against top-five opponents. And in the DFB-Pokal, they were held scoreless over 240 minutes by Leverkusen and Dortmund, with penalties being their saving grace and downfall, respectively."

More proof needed to call out this super-manager? Tell me where else will he be accepted without scrutiny except may be at Arsenal..
Marck11
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Marck11 wrote:"Even on the domestic front, questions have to be asked. Despite winning the Bundesliga by a comfortable margin, Bayern this season won just two out of eight fixtures against top-five opponents. And in the DFB-Pokal, they were held scoreless over 240 minutes by Leverkusen and Dortmund, with penalties being their saving grace and downfall, respectively."

More proof needed to call out this super-manager? Tell me where else will he be accepted without scrutiny except may be at Arsenal..

We scored against Dortmund while dominating and being robbed the game.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Reinhart » Thu May 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Marck11 wrote:Bayern this season won just two out of eight fixtures against top-five opponents.

I think this statement says a lot about the tactics of Pep this year. Bayern arguably has the best squad in Europe and yet they can't even get good results against the top teams in the Bundesliga and Dortmund do not count because of their form. Even with all the injuries Bayern's second best 11 should still be able to get the job done.
Reinhart
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby MaCk0y » Thu May 07, 2015 6:13 pm

Watched some highlights of the first half since I couldn't watch the first 30 minutes. Damn that Lewandowski miss! What happened there?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Thu May 07, 2015 6:21 pm

No, Pep doesn't need to be replaced. Yes, he still is a great coach. I'm sure if we won this game then everyone would be saying what a genius he is and to renew his contract for another 10 years.

I keep seeing crazy posts about sacking Pep, and these same people who said Pep was an idiot for signing unknown spanish players like Bernat and Thiago. At the beginning of this season people were saying how Bernat was a waste of a signing because he didn't have an immediate impact even in pre-season! WTF! Now those same people are saying how amazing Bernat and Thiago are.

Plain and simple, Pep knows what he is doing. Injuries can't be just down to him. The only oversight I see is accounting for the loss of Ribéry and Robben. Like in the past (even under Heynckes), we rely too much on them. I'm hoping this Summer we remedy that. This loss to an unstoppable and in-form team like Barca, and only after 77 minutes while we are in an injury crisis and several players out of form and exhausted, is not the end of the world. Barca are like we were 2 seasons ago when we won the CL.

Pep shouldn't be expected to win the CL in his first or second season, yet many seem to think so. Look at where we made it? If being in the semi-finals is anything to go by, then we are one of the top 4 teams -- and against any of these teams isn't easy. The second leg has yet to come, and if we fail to make the final because of all the variables (being relatively injury free, not missing key players, being in form, not too exhausted, etc. ) that have to fall into place to even make it -- then this just isn't our season.

I personally don't mind the interesting formations Pep implements, nor do I mind some of the tactics he employs -- but I will have a problem if we can't address the Robbery thing. Bayern has been far too dependant on them providing wins in crucial games. Then if they are injured, and relying on players that just returned from injury that aren't going to have major impacts isn't going to work either.

Anyway, we crushed the bundesliga again in good time, and I think we preferred to put all efforts on the CL (why we choked in the Pokal), and then we went up against goliath in the form of Barca and failed in the first leg. We are Bayern, and we have faced tough moments, and we do have the ability to pull through. Whether that is down to missing Robbery is something to be seen.

sorry for the story comment :shock:
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Borusse » Thu May 07, 2015 6:31 pm

München Minded wrote:No, Pep doesn't need to be replaced. Yes, he still is a great coach. I'm sure if we won this game then everyone would be saying what a genius he is and to renew his contract for another 10 years.

Well, but he lost.

Pep is a great coach but he needs great, technical and fast players for his system to work. Without Robben and Ribery he doesn't have that. In Barcelona he had all the technique and pace he wanted.
Last edited by Borusse on Thu May 07, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby pyrasur » Thu May 07, 2015 6:31 pm

Normally, can't stand Whitney. True he loves German football, but he's not objective nor does he provide meaningful analysis.

Unfortunately he may be spot on here. We probably deserved to lose 3-0, but the manner in which it happened is galling. Take away the 0-4 loss at home to Madrid last year, that was the second leg so going for it was the only option unless Bayern wanted to accept the loss to save pride. But to lose 3-0 away to Barcelona in the first leg trying to chase an away goal that was never going to happen was unforgivable. Even to say that pundits like Gary Neville, at the time it was 0-2, were saying Bayern had no choice but to go for it is no excuse. There is supposed to be a reason Pep Guardiola is paid to manage Bayern, and why those pundits remain merely pundits. #-o
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Borusse wrote:
München Minded wrote:No, Pep doesn't need to be replaced. Yes, he still is a great coach. I'm sure if we won this game then everyone would be saying what a genius he is and to renew his contract for another 10 years.

Well, but he lost.

Pep is a great coach but he needs great, technical and fast players for his system to work. Without Robben and Ribery he doesn't have that. In Barcelona he had all the technique and pace he wanted.

Saying he needs players that fit his system applies to every coach in the world :lol:

Barca without Messi and Neymar/Suarez would probably be worse than Bayern without Robben, Ribéry and Alaba.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Thu May 07, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah, they would. In top clashes like these you need your best players ready, otherwise you're lost. Barca would never win so many titles without Messi healthy, the season he struggled with injuries was Barcelona's worst season in years. That's pretty standard. That's why it's not really Pep's fault that this season turned out like it did.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AvatarX » Thu May 07, 2015 6:52 pm

Well, after some hours of sleep I got to work today to find a Barca t-shirt lying on my chair in my office, with my phone ringing with coworkers asking me if I was OK, laughing...

Needless to say that they hardly managed to get that t-shirt in safe distance from my lighter :-)

At least I had the clear mind to ask all of them where they were 2 years ago.

Hopefully we won't get raped in Allianz. If we do, I will take the next day off, for sure ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AvatarX » Thu May 07, 2015 7:02 pm

RedQueen wrote:I know Whitney isn't rated by some here, but I'll post this anyway.

Is Champions League Defeat Start of the End for Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich? | B/R [source]

The headline is a bit click bait, but some interesting thoughts in it.

Great article. Almost my thoughts. Even those references to Klinsmann and LVG.

I know many of you don't rate Loew that much, but he somehow managed to entirely neutralize Messi when needed.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League