You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby sws » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:23 am

YlonenXabi wrote:My biggest concern for this match is Rafinha. I don't trust him at all agains top teams

3 at the back with Benatia - Javi - Boateng. We need height for this game.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:46 am

sws wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:My biggest concern for this match is Rafinha. I don't trust him at all agains top teams

Bernat and Lahm as wingbacks for width and that's a killer defense!
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sws » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:00 am

sherpthederp wrote:
sws wrote:

Bernat and Lahm as wingbacks for width and that's a killer defense!

What formations do you have in mind?
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby sws » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:02 am

Wow it looks like a lot of Barca fans are cocky they will beat us by a multitude of goals lmao
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:11 am

sws wrote:What formations do you have in mind?

Id like a 3-4-3 Diamond with Thiago playing offensively and Schweini building

Or possibly a 3-5-2 with Lahm playing a false holding and overlapping a ton on the right with Thiago and Schweini shifting to cover when he does go forward to support Robben

Muller can play on the left since he can play anywhere and as much as I'd like to see Ribery and Gotze, Lewa Muller Robben and Thiago are non-negotiables, they all must all start.
Rode can come on for Schweini if he gets worn out to keep our high pressure going on, Gotze and Ribery supersubbing for superiority up front.
If Javi is not fit then Boateng in the center Dante on the left and Benatia right, I know Dante has been a liability but I really do believe that we need to play 3 atb with wingbacks since Bayerns idea of a back 4 is really just a back 2 with really attacking fullbacks anyways. better 3 than 2... Especially against a front 3 like Barca's.

Superiority in the midfield will decide this match up and I feel that that is one place Bayern excels, we've got to outplay Barca at their own game and shut down service for Neymar Suarez and Messi.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:12 am

RAJBAYERN wrote:
sch0ll7 wrote:Pep will go for our normal play and try to win possession and attack. And that is the only way I want it because Barcelona doesnt know how to defend when deep in their own half.

This game will be won in the middle...and I think we have the firepower to do it and go to Berlin.

If this game was last season, 100% probable that Guardiola will look for the possession, but Guardiola philosophy has changed too much since he arrive to now, because in some games this season he had conceded the ball, and has given more importance the defensive midfielder role (Javi Martinez and Xabi) in the team than last season, so it is a mystery how Guardiola will plan this game now, as also how the players will execute it.

I think you don't need possession to win the middle, I will like also to watch Bayern having the possession , creating many attempts while Barcelona is parking the bus, but the reality is that Barcelona will not concede easily the possession, and if bayern fall in the obsession of keeping the ball, then it will bring bayern another bad and boring horizontal football performance.

This game is about having multiple plans and use the plan that you can execute better, I think that if we have Robben available again, another plan could be in concentrate more in the recovery of the ball, instead of possession, and surprise their defenders with speed and vertical football.

So this game is about which team execute better its plan, Bayern could try to win the battle of possession, but do not be obsess in keeping it in the middel, because could be a trap.

I was not thinking that we should just keep the ball and play zombie football at the back, that would be suicidal as they will surely press us high up the pitch. We will probably play a lot of long balls to Lewa/Muller and the flanks...but we need to push forward and concentrate on winning the middle so they dont develop their game.

I am not worried about the plan because we have a team and the coach who can easily change tactics 3 or 4 times in a game.
Worst thing for us would be giving them the ball and fall back to defend.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bavarians » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:12 am

My formation :

MIA SAN MIA @ Deutscher Meister

http://www.fantasybundes.com/en/my-team

Bavarians
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Portugal

Postby sws » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 am

sherpthederp wrote:
sws wrote:What formations do you have in mind?

Id like a 3-4-3 Diamond with Thiago playing offensively and Schweini building

Or possibly a 3-5-2 with Lahm playing a false holding and overlapping a ton on the right with Thiago and Schweini shifting to cover when he does go forward to support Robben

Muller can play on the left since he can play anywhere and as much as I'd like to see Ribery and Gotze, Lewa Muller Robben and Thiago are non-negotiables, they all must all start.
Rode can come on for Schweini if he gets worn out to keep our high pressure going on, Gotze and Ribery supersubbing for superiority up front.
If Javi is not fit then Boateng in the center Dante on the left and Benatia right, I know Dante has been a liability but I really do believe that we need to play 3 atb with wingbacks since Bayerns idea of a back 4 is really just a back 2 with really attacking fullbacks anyways. better 3 than 2... Especially against a front 3 like Barca's.

Superiority in the midfield will decide this match up and I feel that that is one place Bayern excels, we've got to outplay Barca at their own game and shut down service for Neymar Suarez and Messi.

Yes! The second one is exactly what I had in mind! :D Then Goetze on in the second half as he usually does better coming off the bench and maybe Alonso and Rode.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:57 am

We don't know how fit is Martinez yet and I'm not sure at all that he will be ready to play against Messi, Suarez and Neymar just after coming back from an 8 months injury.

If he doesn't start against Hertha or Dortmund (which looks highly unlikely for me) it would be suicidal to rely on him as the CB in the 3 man defense. It doesn't matter how good he was last season because he's been out for 8 months !
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sws » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:12 am

YlonenXabi wrote:We don't know how fit is Martinez yet and I'm not sure at all that he will be ready to play against Messi, Suarez and Neymar just after coming back from an 8 months injury.

If he doesn't start against Hertha or Dortmund (which looks highly unlikely for me) it would be suicidal to rely on him as the CB in the 3 man defense. It doesn't matter how good he was last season because he's been out for 8 months !

Well it's not as if he just entered training yesterday. He's been training with the ball for over a month now (March 16). And it doesn't feel like we rushed him at all. What was it, 9 months for a 7 month injury? Plus, not that it means much, but from the videos/photos from his team training session, his legs looked much more even and healthy. I doubt they would clear him for team training until he was 100% ready.

It's ultimately his and Pep's choice. I just know that I'd feel 5x more secure with Javi in the lineup. He's our lucky charm and a big game player. All of 2012-13, especially vs Barcelona, the UEFA Supercup, the DFB Pokal from last season, he's been one of our best, if not our best player.

If not the first leg, I'll be hopeful for the second leg. I miss seeing him play :cry:
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby zamir92 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:24 am

sws wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:We don't know how fit is Martinez yet and I'm not sure at all that he will be ready to play against Messi, Suarez and Neymar just after coming back from an 8 months injury.

Well it's not as if he just entered training yesterday. He's been training with the ball for over a month now (March 16). And it doesn't feel like we rushed him at all. What was it, 9 months for a 7 month injury? Plus, not that it means much, but from the videos/photos from his team training session, his legs looked much more even and healthy. I doubt they would clear him for team training until he was 100% ready.

It's ultimately his and Pep's choice. I just know that I'd feel 5x more secure with Javi in the lineup. He's our lucky charm and a big game player. All of 2012-13, especially vs Barcelona, the UEFA Supercup, the DFB Pokal from last season, he's been one of our best, if not our best player.

If not the first leg, I'll be hopeful for the second leg. I miss seeing him play :cry:

" I just know that I'd feel 5x more secure with Javi in the lineup. "

This line even make me more and more secure ,thanks for the info by the way.
zamir92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby quaazi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:31 am

I don't think we should be this distrustful of Rafinha, sure he won't carry the game but he's a more than good enough player who will play professionally (I don't even remember him being sent off this season!) and should we go all guns blazing (very likely), he'll be very useful in attack.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:12 am

All the Juve fans I've spoken to so far believe they will face us in the final.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:24 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:All the Juve fans I've spoken to so far believe they will face us in the final.

their self believe is amazing
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sws » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:29 am

ramsej84 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:All the Juve fans I've spoken to so far believe they will face us in the final.

their self believe is amazing

Idk, it was probably their easiest draw. Not only did they play well against them last season (RM 4-3 Juve agg.) but Real are weaker this season + missing Modric and Juve believe they've gotten stronger.

Honestly, I have a feeling they might do it, although they shouldn't be getting cocky lol When was the last time they even reached the semis?
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League