You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed May 06, 2015 7:45 pm

FC Barcelona will win
38%
It will end in a draw
12%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 66

Re: [2015-05-06] FC Barcelona vs Bayern Munich

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:17 pm

I really hope Martinez will be ready for this, cant afford any mistakes vs a team like Barca [-o<
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:30 pm

Pep will go for our normal play and try to win possession and attack. And that is the only way I want it because Barcelona doesnt know how to defend when deep in their own half. We could see that against RM when they won the battle in last classico and pushed them back...RM had like 10 chances in first half. Once they gave away the possession they lost the game.

Ideal for us would be 3-4-3 with Martinez and Benatia back to partner Boateng...but that wont happen because we cant play high line of 3 with slow Dante or out of form Martinez.

I think we will go with 4-3-3 and try to win the battle in the middle and restrict them to their half to cut the supply for Messi and co. And another thing we will need to do is to put our backline deeper as their attackers are all fast and good at finding space on counter.

This game will be won in the middle...and I think we have the firepower to do it and go to Berlin.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Pittbay » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:43 pm

To defend Dante a bit, he has played his best this year on the left in a three man defense.

This wouldn't be the end of the world by any means. In fact, that's a pretty good defensive unit, though FCBayernMunchen makes a good point; if we try to play a defensive/counter-attacking game, it won't be a pleasant two matches for us, because it simply isn't what we do best.

Note: I omit Javi here because after 8 months out, and only 12 days till the first leg, it's unrealistic to expect him to be able to jump into the cauldron of a CL semifinal against the best attacking line in the world.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:52 pm

I'd go for 4-2-3-1 I know wishful thinking
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AllensRoten » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:11 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Havent you been watching the games with alonso in it, he was last game behind Boateng

I think the duties Alonso fulfills r very different from that of a cb. Yes he goes to the back maybe even past Boateng but its simply to pick up the ball and then distribute it up ahead. I'm not sure Alonso's aggressiveness, pace, or defensive intelligence could meet the standards of a CB. Also, considering the fact that Rafinha and Bernat move up thru the wings, do u think Pep would really want to face MSN with only one true cb?
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dalv » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:08 pm

what if Benatia doesnt make it until then but Martinez does? Martinez can be used as CB as Pep tried in the past. surely thats better than Dante playing
Dalv
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Dalv wrote:what if Benatia doesnt make it until then but Martinez does? Martinez can be used as CB as Pep tried in the past. surely thats better than Dante playing

But not in a 4 men defence! when he did he seemed like a headless chicken
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:21 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Pep will go for our normal play and try to win possession and attack. And that is the only way I want it because Barcelona doesnt know how to defend when deep in their own half.

This game will be won in the middle...and I think we have the firepower to do it and go to Berlin.

If this game was last season, 100% probable that Guardiola will look for the possession, but Guardiola philosophy has changed too much since he arrive to now, because in some games this season he had conceded the ball, and has given more importance the defensive midfielder role (Javi Martinez and Xabi) in the team than last season, so it is a mystery how Guardiola will plan this game now, as also how the players will execute it.

I think you don't need possession to win the middle, I will like also to watch Bayern having the possession , creating many attempts while Barcelona is parking the bus, but the reality is that Barcelona will not concede easily the possession, and if bayern fall in the obsession of keeping the ball, then it will bring bayern another bad and boring horizontal football performance.

This game is about having multiple plans and use the plan that you can execute better, I think that if we have Robben available again, another plan could be in concentrate more in the recovery of the ball, instead of possession, and surprise their defenders with speed and vertical football.

So this game is about which team execute better its plan, Bayern could try to win the battle of possession, but do not be obsess in keeping it in the middel, because could be a trap.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby icewizard » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:34 pm

My own formation?

which can change to:

or to:

Explanations:

[*]I'd keep Martinez like a "high" sweeper, in front of the defense, which he can join to form a defensive triplet, and having Lahm & Bernat playing higher on the pitch
[*]I'd let Schweinsteiger step back in case there is too much pressure to try to assist Martinez get the ball from their feet and clean up the play before giving to the fullbacks, wingers, or Thiago
[*]We can also change the formation to a 3-4-3 if a need for a change of tactics arise

We must remember that our formation #2 was really successful, and i guess we can easily get back to it.

Choice of players:

I'd like to have Martinez, Schweinsteiger as I have the feeling they are much more aggressive on the player, better stamina, faster than Xabi Alonso, but it all comes down to their physical fitness...

What do you think?
icewizard
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:59 pm

I have no idea how this game will play out, but right now I'd say we should stay high, keep the ball high, and PRESS HIGH - super hard. Barca will suffer.
We should avoid keeping the ball deep in our own half, passing around, because just like us, Barca will step up and press, which will make bringing the ball out a nightmare.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:07 pm

We should be able to press harder than Barca, thus I think we should try to keep the ball as much as possible by attacking aggressively and recuperating even more aggressively. Players should get as much rest as possible before thia games and the MSN needs to see as little of the ball as possible. It will be a tough game, but I'm sure we can do it if we play with the aggression we had against Porto.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby silberkreuz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:13 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:MSN needs to see as little of the ball as possible.

Barca has always been at its weakest when the players who supply the ball to the dangerous frontline are eliminated- doing that forces the frontline players to fall further and further back to try to receive the ball, because it doesn't really naturally flow along the wings.
Iniesta/Xavi and Rakitic are the dangerous guys to try to take out of the game in this regard.

Unfortunately, since Pep took over that has also been our weakness.
Still, we still do fullbacks who are better at overlap than Barca (give me Bernat over Alba any day of the week) and if Robbery are back the overlap will be right back on, not to mention that in Thiago we have a seriously good dribbler who can glide past players in his way.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:19 pm

silberkreuz wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:MSN needs to see as little of the ball as possible.

Barca has always been at its weakest when the players who supply the ball to the dangerous frontline are eliminated- doing that forces the frontline players to fall further and further back to try to receive the ball, because it doesn't really naturally flow along the wings.
Iniesta/Xavi and Rakitic are the dangerous guys to try to take out of the game in this regard.

Unfortunately, since Pep took over that has also been our weakness.
Still, we still do fullbacks who are better at overlap than Barca (give me Bernat over Alba any day of the week) and if Robbery are back the overlap will be right back on, not to mention that in Thiago we have a seriously good dribbler who can glide past players in his way.

Xavi and Iniesta are no longer what they used to be, but we will definitively need the whole team to act as one in order to shut their midfield down. We no longer have the strong Bastian-Javi partnership to harass midfields. The whole team must work together to make up for it.
PunkCapitalist

Postby MiaSanFCB » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:27 pm

I wonder if some journalist will ask Pep if he will call Jupp to get info on how to beat Barcelona like two years ago in the opposite way... :mrgreen:
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:49 am

My biggest concern for this match is Rafinha. I don't trust him at all agains top teams
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League