You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

European Competition... your preference

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Which would you rather

option 1
20%
option 2
80%

Total votes : 5

Postby kevh26 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:01 pm

fanOfBayern wrote:Good topic, kev..

Thanks!

fanOfBayern wrote:We, on the contrary, are considered a challenger every season(I would like to consider us as one of the favorites)

Depends entirely on your definition of favourite, for you a favourite could be someone in the top eight of a competition of 64, mine on the other hand could be (and probably is) restricted to the three forerunners, something which i don't believe we have been since 2002-03 at least

fanOfBayern wrote:I am sure that we'll strengthen with 1 or 2 more star players before the next season starts.

and I'm sure I speak for everyone here when i say that I certainly hope you're right!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kevh26 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:41 am

So then... after the zenit game... anyone still think we'll be favourites in the CL?
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DS17 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:37 am

kevh26 wrote:So then... after the zenit game... anyone still think we'll be favourites in the CL?

In the last couple of years we never have been. Even if we had won the UEFA CUP.
DS17
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby medin69 » Fri May 02, 2008 1:30 pm

many things can change over summer dons be so pesimistic..with this game we showed yesterday we cant beat nobody..but we have to pick up ourselves and start rebuilding team..bayern is still one of the giants in football and will always stay !
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri May 02, 2008 3:32 pm

Yes medin, if we play like yesterday we won't beat anyone, but on the other hand, we've played ball many times this season that any team would struggle to cope with. Of course that means nothing right now, but next season the team will be a little wiser, more used to eachother, and with 1-3 choice signings will have even more quality. Today is dark, but the future is bright.
Favorites for the CL? As far as I can tell, there aren't ever really "favorites" for it. Man U, Liverpool, and Chelsea look to be changing that with their consecutive semifinal appearances, but usually I feel that the CL basically has 10 REAL contenders every year, and Bayern has always been one of them. That won't change next season. Favorites can't really be pointed out until the quarterfinals, when at least 2 of those 10 teams by default are eliminated, and you can take form from more than half the season into account. As fanofBayern said, luck is huge in the CL and we all know Bayern usually has that. With a little more skill and chemistry to go with that luck, we could certainly be considered "favorites" this time next year.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fcelber87 » Sun May 04, 2008 6:01 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8 ... s-turn-on-

This is a very interesting and sobering article about the plight of german soccer now. I think all should read it and discuss. The problem may not be with Bayern, but with german tactical gameplay. Hitzfeld has subscribed to a kind of play that is years old. Most german clubs and their coaches are years behind what the article calls modern football.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League