You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Create your 2011-12 Dream CL Run

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Re: Create your 2011-12 Dream CL Run

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 am

I honestly don't think Dortmund would be a "little break" when compared to say Inter. In fact I think they'll be a far more difficult opponent.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 am

quaazi wrote:In fact I think they'll be a far more difficult opponent.

First off, Dortmund won't make it past the group stages, mark my words.
Secondly, if they do, their lack of experience will show and they will be eliminated. There is no way they can reach the final.
Schalke's run last season was thanks to world class performances from Neuer and the vast experience of Raul. Oh, and a lot of luck.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AvatarX » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:29 pm

MUTU wrote:First off, Dortmund won't make it past the group stages, mark my words.

I agree. Dortmund will play for EL or will be eliminated in 1/16. But a lot of things depend on the Group Stage draw.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 pm

I have a bit more faith in them. They won't run out of steam so fast, but they might sustain some casualties in the January transfer window among other banes.
The ideal team

quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:32 pm

quaazi wrote:I honestly don't think Dortmund would be a "little break" when compared to say Inter. In fact I think they'll be a far more difficult opponent.

I still fear Inter more. Everyone knows that Bayern are the ones who keep the German flag flying high in Europe. They might be beating us domestically but when it comes to Europe Dortmund will fear us, and they are inexperienced.

However, I agree with MUTU. It is unlikely that they will go past the group stage.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:10 pm

We sure did a good job of flying the German flag last season. :P

What I'm getting at is that to count Dortmund out of the big stages is to show that typical Bayern arrogance that makes every non-Bayern German fan hate us. Didn't the German national team "lack experience" before the World Cup?
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:48 pm

MUTU wrote:Schalke's run last season was thanks to world class performances from Neuer and the vast experience of Raul. Oh, and a lot of luck.

[offtopic]Plus Inter coming off a defeat at San Siro 3-0 at their clasico.[/offtopic]
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby pabloenigma » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:51 pm

quaazi wrote:
What I'm getting at is that to count Dortmund out of the big stages is to show that typical Bayern arrogance that makes every non-Bayern German fan hate us. Didn't the German national team "lack experience" before the World Cup?

Actually, i dont think we are being arrogant here. Most of us here( I mean here at Bayernforum.com) would want BVB to do well. Just that they may lack the experience needed to make the cut. Think of how they crashed pout of EL last season, inspite of the fact they were almost as good as Porto (in my opinion). And it wont help that they will belong to Pot 4 this season.

On another note, that we are all wanting to face the toughest teams shows what a proud(in a positive sense) club we are. Mia san Mia...Proud of Bayern, Proud Of you guys here...

P.S.- Lets not rush ourselves. CL is very tough,as always
pabloenigma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:14 pm

Naw, I mean arrogance as in "German flag" and whatnot. Schalke outperformed us in the Champions League last season, so we should show some modesty... until we win the whole shebang, obviously. :P
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 pm

quaazi wrote:Naw, I mean arrogance as in "German flag" and whatnot. Schalke outperformed us in the Champions League last season, so we should show some modesty... until we win the whole shebang, obviously

Everyone gets good and bad seasons. Last season was a bad one for us, and in Europe, a good one for Schalke. If you look at the whole history of the tournament, we're the only German club who has been consistent throughout the years.

That is not to say it is impossible for Dortmund or any other German club to do well. I just think that this year will be too early for them, but if they can keep getting consistent results in Germany, maybe in 2 or 3 years, they can reach the late stages.

Of course, you never know. They might end up winning it all this season :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby uzi716 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:23 pm

Round of 16: AC Milan
Round of 8: Manchester City
Round of 4: Chelsea
Final: Barcelona

We whoop some ass from all 3 of the big leagues and show the German league is the best 8)
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League