You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-11] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who would you like FC Bayern to draw in the semifinals?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:00 am

Atletico Madrid
18%
Real Madrid
45%
Chelsea
36%

Total votes : 33

Re: [2014-04-11] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Im changing my mind, give me Chelsea over two legs and one of the Madrid teams in the final
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:45 pm

tflags wrote:If Bayern plays Chelsea, and continues on to the final, they would be the team directly responsible for knocking all of the English CL contenders out this season. Jus't seyin.

You forgot about Barcelona eliminating Manchester City, didn't you? ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
tflags wrote:If Bayern plays Chelsea, and continues on to the final, they would be the team directly responsible for knocking all of the English CL contenders out this season. Jus't seyin.

You forgot about Barcelona eliminating Manchester City, didn't you? ;)

Nah. We put them there. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:48 pm

OK, new question. If we play Chelsea (without Ivanovic for 1st leg) or Real Madrid (possibly without Ronaldo for 1st leg), would you rather play the 1st leg at home or away?
And what if we draw Atletico, same answer?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:05 pm

I don't like Chelsea because of the unknown factor. I haven't seen them enough this season to formulate an educated opinion but I would guess they have an striker issue (yeah, what else is new, right?)

Madrid is an interesting proposition because of their vulnerabilities on the flanks and our capacity to withstand, with some work, their type of counterattacking. On the other hand for all the praise the BBC gets their egos can't stand tracking back and help out on their defensive third. They are, up to a point, the easiest draw in my book.

Atlético is the dark horse and for me the worst possible scenario. They are new, they are hungry, they are on a roll. Of all possible match-ups, they are the only ones to match Bayern's physical game. Hell, physicality is what got them this far. They want the cup and if Bayern capitulates this season my two cents are they will do so not to a tactically superior team but to one that is willing to fight for it the most. They kind of remind me of a certain Bavarian team from 2013.
Last edited by tflags on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

[2014-04-11] Bayern Munich vs ??? — CL draw

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:06 pm

MUTU wrote:OK, new question. If we play Chelsea (without Ivanovic for 1st leg) or Real Madrid (possibly without Ronaldo for 1st leg), would you rather play the 1st leg at home or away?

I always prefer for Bayern to play the first leg at home. I don't know if the stats show it but it looks like to me Bayern's away form is better than its home form at times.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby quaazi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:12 pm

tflags wrote:Atlético is the dark horse and for me the worst possible scenario. They are new, they are hungry, they are on a roll. Of all possible match-ups, they are the only ones to match Bayern's physical game. Hell, physicality is what got them this far. They want the cup and if Bayern capitulates this season my two cents are they will do so not to a tactically superior team but to one that is willing to fight for it the most. They kind of remind me of a certain Bavarian team from 2013.

That's why they could be a good fit in the final - they have a thin squad and are still competing for the title in Spain. Their physical style might mean they are too tired come late May.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Aequitas1987 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:32 pm

If we get Chelsea in semis with Ivanovic suspended I rather play away first to have a better shot at getting those away goals, Ivanovic is very important in winning/clearing headers for them.

With Ronaldo injured I would rather play them at home first so he cant score any away goals on us.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby lau03143 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I'd take Atletico. I don't fancy Chelsea or Real
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:31 pm

MUTU wrote:OK, new question. If we play Chelsea (without Ivanovic for 1st leg) or Real Madrid (possibly without Ronaldo for 1st leg), would you rather play the 1st leg at home or away?

For me away first in all situations.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:34 pm

I would go with RM because we always knock them out. But when it comes to statistics and form this season alone than Chelsea are the easiest opponent. They were most shaky this season and lost a lot of games against some lesser opponents...They are not as good as it seems. YOu could argue that they have Mourinho but even he cant make miracles without one good striker on his team.

If I could chose a team for the final it would be Atletico. They dont have that much experience.

We also need to look at their domestic games inbetween CL games.

Chelsea have Liverpool and they will have to play their strongest team if they want to become champions.

Real Madrid and Atletico also need to win their games because they need every point until the end of the season if they want to challenge for the league title. So they probably wont rest that many players before the CL games as they cant afford to drop points in 2 of those games.

We are rotating for the last month and will rest all of our players before the CL games so our players will be fresher. They are already more rested than Atletico [dont have any good bench players so throughout the season they always had to put best players on the pitch and that surely took its toll on them] and Chelsea players [didnt have a winter break and are always playing full strenght team].

We just need to keep tempo high and most of those players will die before the 70th minute.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FC.B » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:11 pm

My favorites to draw against Bayern are in order of preference : R€al Madrid, Chelski, Atletico.

I much more prefer playing the 1st leg at home.
FC.B
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 pm

FC.B wrote:My favorites to draw against Bayern are in order of preference : R€al Madrid, Chelski, Atletico.

I much more prefer playing the 1st leg at home.

I am also more confident of our players playing 1st leg at home...we are always concentrated in 1st leg...and are much more concentrated when playing away from home in important matches.

There were some crazy games when we just had to finish our opponent at home after we got a good result away in 1st leg...but we failed to do that and collapsed..AC Milan [2008 I think?], Inter 2011, Arsenal 2012.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCB general » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:43 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:There were some crazy games when we just had to finish our opponent at home after we got a good result away in 1st leg...but we failed to do that and collapsed..AC Milan [2008 I think?], Inter 2011, Arsenal 2012.

Milan 2:2 FC Bayern 2006/2007, Inter 0:1 FC Bayern 2010/2011, Arsenal 1:3 FC Bayern 2012/2013

But we have problems in our backyard, not outside of München. That worries me a lot.

The last 2 mentioned were really crazy and incomprehensible. [-X
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Telecaster » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 am

Aequitas1987 wrote:If we get Chelsea in semis with Ivanovic suspended I rather play away first to have a better shot at getting those away goals, Ivanovic is very important in winning/clearing headers for them.

I agree. On top of that, I also think that Ivanovic would present quite a big danger from set pieces. I think that, realistically, they will want to play as many aerial balls against us as possible when they get the opportunity, especially from free kicks and corners. I'm assuming Azpilicueta will be replacing Ivanovic for the first leg, in which case, he doesn't pose anywhere near the aerial threat that Ivanovic does.

One of the things that worried me most in the United game is how poor we were in the air. United looked very strong in that respect; they cleared chances quite easily (with the exception of Mandzukic's goal - although the ball was played quite low in the air) and, had they driven up and attacked more heavily, I'm sure we'd see much the same aerial ability in an attacking sense. An ability to head the ball is fairly heavily emphasised amongst English teams and I think that that is something we will continue to struggle with if we do come up against Chelsea. With that said, a player like Ivanovic could cause us serious problems if we don't mark him and marshall him correctly on set pieces.
Telecaster
Getting the hang of it

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League