You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

CL 2009/2010 Awards

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

CL 2009/2010 Awards

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:22 am

What a farce!

Best GK - Julio Cesar
Best defender - Maicon
Best midfielder - Sneijder
Best attacker - Milito
Best overall - Milito

I wonder what UEFA are smoking these days :?

Why are the awards almost always given to the winning team?

Let's evaluate them.
GK - there's no doubt that Julio Cesar was brilliant, but I still think van der Sar deserved it.
DF - Altintop is not a good dribbler, but he dribbled Maicon every time he could in the CL final.
MF - Sneijder?! How about Cristiano Ronaldo, who had 1.40 goals per game? His team got eliminated early and yet from midfield amassed more goals than the 'best attacker' or 'best overall player' Diego Milito. How about Robben too, who scored 4 important goals?
ST - Milito. It's like I need to repeat it, Milito won. What rubbish! With a 0.58 goals per game ratio, this places him as the #26 most prolific scorer in last season's CL. Olic was not even nominated despite scoring more goals. To make matters worse, Milito won the best player award.

I wonder what would have happened if Gomez scored 3 in the final.
GK - probably would have been won by someone else
DF - since Bayern would have won the CL, Lahm would have probably won this even if he provided no hand in the 3 Gomez final goals.
MF - Robben would have definitely won this, even if he provided no hand in the 3 Gomez final goals
ST - Someone, probably Olic, would have won this, but definitely not Milito.

In short, my awards here:
Best GK - van der Sar
Best DF - Pique
Best MF - Robben
Best ST - Cristiano Ronaldo. I know he's not a pure striker, but he deserves to be placed here due to the sheer amount of goals per game.

Best overall would go to Cristiano Ronaldo or Robben, since they were the most influential, irrespective of what the rest of their teammates did. This is what awards should look like, individual performance without the results of the team taking any toll in the decision.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: CL 2009/2010 Awards

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:56 am

To be honest, I expected this, because the winning team always has a huge advantage. I thought Sneijder would take the overall best player though.

However, being fair (without giving an advantage to the winners), I think it should have been:
Best GK - Julio Cesar
Best DF - Maicon (Lahm should have been nominated instead of Lucio)
Best MF - Robben (Sneijder was very important for Inter, but Robben alone sent Bayern to the final)
Best ST - I don't know... Messi?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:19 pm

To me:

Julio Cesar
Maicon or Lucio
Robben
Diego Milito

Why Diego? Because he scored against Chelsea, against CSKA, against Barcelona and against Bayern (x2). So he scored in every knockout round and in the finals. (In the group stage he scored some goals too)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:58 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:(In the group stage he scored some goals too)

He scored 1 goal in the group stage, against Dynamo Kiev which was offside, as was his goal against Barcelona.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 pm

He also scored all of Inter's winners. The goals in the CL final, the winner in the Coppa Italia final, and I believe he also scored the winner in the last game of Serie A. That might have something to do with it, but I'm still surprised Milito took the best forward, and even more surprised he took best overall.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:49 pm

To me

GK : Van Der Sar
Defender : Pique or one of the Inter CBs (Samuel and Lucio)
Midfielder :Robben or Sneijder
Forward : Olic (Yes olic)

Best player : Robben or Sneijder

UEFA is smoking weed , and from the good stuff !!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MrLinky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Element wrote:UEFA is smoking weed , and from the good stuff !!

Problem is, the award winners were determined by the head-coaches of last year's CL-participating teams. Some people don't seem to realize that. Even though the UEFA as an organization has done its fair share of mistakes and errors, it has nothing to do with this one and therefore can't be blamed in this regard.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shileno » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Maybe the coaches decided after the WC, that would explain Maicon and Sneijder's prize. IMO all the prizes were well deserved after all, Inter did amazing and they earned the cup. Maybe Robben was more important to us than Sneijder to Inter but, he and all the team failed in the final, were Sneijder and the rest of the team were amazing.

And btw, the prizes doesn't always go to the champion team, I remember Cech, Terry and Lampard winning this prizes in '08-'09.

Don't worry guys, we're better than last season, we can definitely do it better this year :D
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby tappinho » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:20 pm

The best players are the decisive players, so Milito deserves his awards, period.
We could speak about Robben as Best MF, but we're Bayern fans and we focus on matches, not on stupid awards. It's Kaiserslautern time now, nothing more.
Still missing my dear Deisler...
_____

Neuer mind the Ballacks
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby maryamchaudhary » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Well i must give congrats to all the player whom win these awards and i would like to said them they should continue there hard working till the world cup and soccer is also one of my most Favorite sport in the world which i like so much and thanks for your such nice sharing with us here
maryamchaudhary
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to UEFA Champions League