You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-12-11] Champions League Round of 16 Draw

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your preference for this draw?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:00 pm

Bayern Munich to draw a top opponent
43%
Bayern Munich to draw a medium opponent
57%
Bayern Munich to draw a weak opponent
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: [2017-12-11] Champions League Round of 16 Draw

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:31 pm

I really want us to draw Barca or City. City players have started to look exhausted as teams under Pep usually do, and by February their form will have changed completely. As of Barca, without Neymar and Suarez in his downfall, they just don't seem like a top top team anymore. Bring them on now so we can eliminate one of the favorites in the competition and build up a good momentum.
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:39 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:I really want us to draw Barca or City. City players have started to look exhausted as teams under Pep usually do, and by February their form will have changed completely. As of Barca, without Neymar and Suarez in his downfall, they just don't seem like a top top team anymore. Bring them on now so we can eliminate one of the favorites in the competition and build up a good momentum.
Best phase to play against a Pep coached team:
Semis

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
SrLuisGuilherme wrote:I really want us to draw Barca or City. City players have started to look exhausted as teams under Pep usually do, and by February their form will have changed completely. As of Barca, without Neymar and Suarez in his downfall, they just don't seem like a top top team anymore. Bring them on now so we can eliminate one of the favorites in the competition and build up a good momentum.
Best phase to play against a Pep coached team:
Semis

Nah, let them play a Spanish team in the semis. Hopefully we'll win the other semifinal and meet the Spanish club in the final :P
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Here goes guys!

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Nice to see this tweet doing well, but we can do even better if you guys retweet :) Maybe we can set a BayernForum record :)
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:If we draw top ooponent - i want Barcelona,they are the most unstable top opponent at the moment,and they are not playing well lately.

If we take the medium opponent - i would take Liverpool.With non-existing defence,they are going to struggle against every team in the elimination phase.

The weak opponent - for me it's Roma.We have history beating them with great numbers,and i cannot see how Dzeko can score on Hummels & Boateng. I want to avoid Besiktas,they are the most underrated team in Europe.

Hmm, agree on the last two but I think I prefer City over Barca. As much as I like Pep, surely Heynckes can learn a lot from those Real and Barca games and exploit weaknesses in his tactics?

Anyway in current form we can beat all potential opponents.
As its said before me, i also think that it's better to play with City after the winter months when the agile creative flair players get stifled by the schedule, weather, intensity and cold. It's happening every PL season, the creative and possession based teams falter, from Wenger to Martinez, and every single City season since 2010.
And every Pep team since 2014.
Now, this is a scenario for disaster.

Send via carrier pigeon.
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Looks like we have fairly good odds of seeing Man City play Real Madrid? That'd be nice... Then I'd hope to see Barca - Chelsea and perhaps PSG draw Juventus.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:56 pm

aterford wrote:Looks like we have fairly good odds of seeing Man City play Real Madrid? That'd be nice... Then I'd hope to see Barca - Chelsea and perhaps PSG draw Juventus.

Ooh that's evil, I see what you did there.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm

I want to get roma or besiktas because we MUST get to the quarter finals else we will lose huge on revenue.
For the rest..
Utd vs Real..jose gunning for revenge and either of them lose I will be happy..
Paris vs Chelsea..el cashico
Juve vs City..City will be all tired by then..Juve can knock them out..either way we gain..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Achilles » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:The weak opponent - for me it's Roma.We have history beating them with great numbers,and i cannot see how Dzeko can score on Hummels & Boateng. I want to avoid Besiktas,they are the most underrated team in Europe.

Hmm, agree on the last two but I think I prefer City over Barca. As much as I like Pep, surely Heynckes can learn a lot from those Real and Barca games and exploit weaknesses in his tactics?

Klopp knows us inside out, he has parked the bus before against us(BVB) he'll do it again... Don't be fooled by their circus defensive line, up front we can concede a couple of goals in no time, they are not kidding(Klopp effect) nevertheless we are far superior from them but Klopp vs Heynckes has happened many times, he knows our style and weak points, I'd take them though in fact I'd like any EPL team.

Besiktas is fine, clearly there are better teams in the pool while Roma will be nice as well.
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quotes
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Achilles wrote:Klopp vs Heynckes has happened many times, he knows our style and weak points

... and last time it happened?

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Achilles wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:The weak opponent - for me it's Roma.We have history beating them with great numbers,and i cannot see how Dzeko can score on Hummels & Boateng. I want to avoid Besiktas,they are the most underrated team in Europe.

Klopp knows us inside out, he has parked the bus before against us(BVB) he'll do it again... Don't be fooled by their circus defensive line, up front we can concede a couple of goals in no time, they are not kidding(Klopp effect) nevertheless we are far superior from them but Klopp vs Heynckes has happened many times, he knows our style and weak points, I'd take them though in fact I'd like any EPL team.

Besiktas is fine, clearly there are better teams in the pool while Roma will be nice as well.

Liverpool are simply not good enough unless we mess up ourselves.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Achilles wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:[quote="IsiahRashad"]The weak opponent - for me it's Roma.We have history beating them with great numbers,and i cannot see how Dzeko can score on Hummels & Boateng. I want to avoid Besiktas,they are the most underrated team in Europe.

Liverpool are simply not good enough unless we mess up ourselves.[/quote]The never die attitude that Liverpool have can harm us big time

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:
MUTU wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way you could tell what the probabilities for each of FC Bayern's opponents are? :wink:

I remember that years ago there was a graph of percentages for probable opponents,which was done by somebody in twitter. :D

You mean like this? ;)

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Man alive Isiah, how could you walk right into that?!?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Cathe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 pm

I would quite like Liverpool. I doubt i'd be able to get a ticket but I just like the idea of Bayern coming to my city :P
Bayern - Anime - Gaming - Takarazuka
Cathe
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 pm

I know it was just preseason and Ancelotti was our coach, but we lost 3 or 4-0 at home just a few months ago :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League