You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-03-15] Bayern Munich vs ??? — Champions League draws

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who would you rather FC Bayern face?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:00 pm

Galatasaray
12%
Schalke
3%
Juventus
3%
Dortmund
6%
Milan
3%
Barcelona
6%
Real Madrid
6%
PSG
26%
Porto
9%
Málaga
26%

Total votes : 34

Re: [2013-03-15] Bayern Munich vs ??? — Champions League dra

Postby MoFattal » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Borusse wrote:The atmosphere here is fantastic, coming from a Dortmund fan.

.... soon-to-be Bavarian fan ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby silberkreuz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:37 pm

MoFattal wrote: First of all, welcome! We always enjoy friendly fans supporting other clubs over here.

Too right, mate. I'm always up for fans coming here and engaging us in thoughtful conversation.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby hhhh4 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Juve is the hardest team for us, real and barca have there flaws in defence but juve is solid at back and hard to brake always good for a gol.
hhhh4
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Korea North

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Now that I think about it, Juve have plenty of class players in their team.

Goalie Buffon - great one.
Defence Bonnuci, Barzgali and Chiellini is nothing short of fantastic. Vidal, Marchisio and of course the great Pirlo is also an amazing set up. Their attack is average though. That will be a huge challenge for Bayern.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Achilles » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Juve is a very tough opponent with great players such as Buffon,Chiellini,Bartzagli(underrated),Vidal,Pirlo and Marchisio
Their offense is still average but as we see they get the job done because of Pirlo creativity and Vidal passing abilities.Their 3-5-2 system is solid and great counter for our 4-2-3-1.
The games will be decided at defensive "errors" which defense will make less mistakes and will be more concetrate,Dante has to shut down his personal opponent which I think it will be easy(Matri,Vucinic,Giovinco) but his partner(Boa,DvB) has to be 100% focus and solid.Alaba & Lahm should take many overlaps so they can help our attack as usual and of course Schweini will be a crucial part to hold the midfield.Gustavo in the 1st game has to be 100% concetrate for the "dirty job" and at least in one game we need Robben's class and not Robben's rubbish...
We have to be very clinical(like the game at Emirates for example) and this is Mandzukic very difficult task with Juve's tactical awareness and defense it won't be many clear chances to score so we have to get the best out of our goal chances.

Key players for Bayern: Neuer,Dante,Schweini,Mandzukic/Gomez

*Neuer has to step up and stop this CL-average performances!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Achilles wrote:Key players for Bayern: Neuer,Dante,Schweini,Mandzukic/Gomez

*Neuer has to step up and stop this CL-average performances!

I hope Gomez gets plenty of playing time with Germany then sees the field a little bit more in the next games ahead of this one because I believe it is important to have both Mandzu and Gomez in form for the two games. Same applies to Shaquiri, the physicality of these games can take a toll on Kroos and Shaq can spark the upper part of the field in the last 20-15 minutes. (No Tymoschuk unless we are 4:0 please!)

As for Robben he has no place in the team if he plays like a steppen wolf again, the way to break Juve's solid defensive line is moving the ball around to keep them guessing because 1v1 they will eat him for lunch.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MoFattal » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:05 pm

At the Allianz, their 3-5-2 will probably be switched to a 5-3-2 with our wingers double-teamed. That makes the central area the most too important. That makes Kroos our key offensive player for this game. Also, this gives Gomez a better chance of starting as Mandzukic will not find much freedom to interlink with our wingers. Gomez will be closely followed by their middle CB and hence he can open up space for Kroos and Bastian. A shot from outside might be our weapon to have them open up the wings and give us the game we want.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:42 pm

That is genius:

Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby bayern1982 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:43 pm

All the big clubs were able to avoid each other except Bayern and Juventus. Go figure!

I don't like playing at home first because the deciding game is in their stadium. In my opinion, it is always the advantage to play away first because even if you get a poor result, you have a better chance of turning it around at home. As we all know, Bayern's home record isn't that great this year. And let's be honest, the Allianz doesn't have the loudest support in Europe. The home game against Arsenal was embarrassing if you ask me. I don't care if the ultras are missing, what about the other 63,000 fans? I have a feeling things will be different against Juventus; at least I hope so. I think we all know that this game is really important and we have to send our club off to Turin with a comfortable goal lead.

I could go over all the players and how they match up against each other. but both of these clubs are almost identical in quality. It's a war of attrition and somebody is bound to make a mistake. We'll have to play perfect football. No mistakes. Can Bayern do that? I don't know to be honest.

Oh, and Juventus haven't even lost in the Champions League yet and have only conceded 4 goals. :?
bayern1982
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:48 pm

The football world really hates us now, we are in red hot form (before Arsenal loss) and after the loss, all of the media are stabbing Bayern and saying that Juventus will beat the hell out of Bayern. I just hope we can win this year's CL and prove this to the world.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lukas » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Not exactly thrilled with this draw. Think i'd genuinely rather have Barca. Juventus look really organised and awakward to play against
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Lukas wrote:Not exactly thrilled with this draw. Think i'd genuinely rather have Barca. Juventus look really organised and awakward to play against

You're right. Juventus are not as good as Barca, but they are much more organised and awkward to play against. I have a pretty bad feeling about this game.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:55 pm

I am very pessimistic about our chances :( and am so cause we are playing an italian club which is always a big struggle for us and any other German club and National team when faced by the Italians.
Don't forger FCB v Juve is almost Ger v Ita on one hand there are Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Schweinsteiger, Muller, Kroos, Gomez, on the other Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli , Pirlo, Marchisio, Giovinco... so... We've better [-o<
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:58 pm

I didn't really watch the Arsenal game, but is Martinez suspended for the 1st leg against Juve?
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 pm

smaw2010 wrote:I didn't really watch the Arsenal game, but is Martinez suspended for the 1st leg against Juve?

Yes
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League