You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-12-16] Champions/Europa League draws

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Which team would you rather FC Bayern gets drawn against?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:36 pm

AC Milan
8%
Basel
75%
CSKA Moscow
8%
Lyon
8%
Marseille
No votes
Zenit
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: [2011-12-16] Champions/Europa League draws

Postby MUTU » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:25 pm

Nice, so now we may have the chance to eliminate Manchester United and Sir "typical Germans" Ferguson all over again? :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Won't happen. At most Bayern would get a walkover, but it won't get to that stage either. You do realize that even if they do automatically place Man Utd against Bayern, they would still have to hold the Europa League draw all over again.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:54 pm

It definitely won't happen... There is no way to undo Swiss teams' presence in European stages right now....
If there is going to be a ban for them, which I doubt, it will be implied on from next season... It doesn't make sense to give Bayern a disadvantage and ManU an advantage just because a Swiss side (and not Basel) did something supposedly wrong!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:25 pm

dambun wrote:It definitely won't happen... There is no way to undo Swiss teams' presence in European stages right now....
If there is going to be a ban for them, which I doubt, it will be implied on from next season... It doesn't make sense to give Bayern a disadvantage and ManU an advantage just because a Swiss side (and not Basel) did something supposedly wrong!

Exactly. I'm not sure about the details of what Sion supposedly did, but I heard that this questionable behaviour took place in 2008...

Still, I'd welcome the opportunity to face Man Utd. I don't believe that they were knocked out by coincidence, but rather because their team has been weakening over the years. I don't fear them at all, although of course I'd rather play Basel.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:46 pm

I have written a blog article about the Basel/Man Utd/Sion situation here: blog/confusion-regarding-fc-bayerns-next-champions-league-opponents

You may continue discussing this subject in the comments for the blog article, as this thread is getting off-topic.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League