You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-11-03] CFR Cluj vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this game?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:02 am

CFR Cluj will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
4%
Bayern Munich will win (thanks to their efforts)
80%
Bayern Munich will win (thanks to Cluj own goals)
16%

Total votes : 25

Re: [2010-11-03] CFR Cluj vs Bayern Munich

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:15 pm

The Spyware wrote:BTW we played with this kit once before in the first round of the cup and won 4/0 also :mrgreen:

i love this kit i tried getting one
even before i bought bayern munich jersey this season i wanted to get the white one not the red
but i got the red at the end :mrgreen:
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:24 pm

MrLinky wrote:We had a difficult 15-20 minute phase in the second half when we looked vulnerable at the back and Cluj had a few good scoring chances. Could have become a tricky rest of the match if they would have scored. But the positive definitely outweighs the negative tonight. We did our homework and we set a new club record, having gathered the full 12 points from the first four group games. Now we can set our complete focus on the Bundesliga and continue climbing back to the top.

This sums up all I wanted to say! +1 :)

Aequitas1987 wrote:This was the best game by Bayern under LVG period. Last season and this season. Yes this was better than the Juventus thrashing. We were much better with our possession, took long shots, were dangerous on corners, everything. I think this was the best performance under LVG. =D>

Is that your drink talking, Aequitas1987? :shifty:
Just kidding... in this match we rode our luck at times. They had plenty of chances to score, our defence was guilty of too many mistakes. In my opinion, this game will never come close to comparing with the matches against Man Utd or the match against Juventus.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:14 am

It was a good game but it was against Cluj...and those 3 games against Juve and Man Utd [both games] were just out of space :)

LVG about our win today...

"Cluj had many technical players, but did not evolve as a real team," Van Gaal told Prosport after the match. "I am very pleased with our game, except how we started the match.

"We played well for about 80 minutes, stayed well-positioned on the field and my team scored goals. I think we played even better here than we did in Munich against them a fortnight ago.

"The key to tonight's match was Schweinsteiger," added van Gaal.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby The Spyware » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:48 am

Also about Mueller he said (in Google translate)

"He is Phyically fit but not IN SPIRIT."
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 am

The Spyware wrote:Also about Mueller he said (in Google translate)

"He is Phyically fit but not IN SPIRIT."

i really like this from gaal and i hope muller listens
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:25 am

Omar Bayern Munchen wrote:
The Spyware wrote:BTW we played with this kit once before in the first round of the cup and won 4/0 also :mrgreen:

even before i bought bayern munich jersey this season i wanted to get the white one not the red

What's not to like, it looks like the German NT kit!
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nur4bayern » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 am

Ok, back to match analysis...

A great team effort, lots of creative movement in midfield (even Ottl). Love Schweini with Tymo as CDM's!
Hats off to Gomez for the hat trick! I'm glad he's taking advantage of his opportunity (not that I'm saying he's the answer to our striker sitch). Lahm and Pranjic did well on the flanks and our passing, especially in the attacking third, was sick. More often than not we play this possession game which yields little opportunities but today it was magical. Yes, it was against a weaker side but this is the Champion's League.
Have to also give a shout out to Butt, very solid, no mistakes even with two CD's he hasn't played with in quite some time.

Overall a well deserved 3 points and in winning it takes a huge weight off their shoulders since it means we make it through to the round of 16 no matter what.

Well done, lads! I am proud.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby eddinanM3 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:44 am

Very nice road win when you consider how many starters Bayern had out of this match and the fact that LVG only had 15 total players available to take to Romania! Maybe Bayern are starting to turn the corner on our dreadful start to this season because some things are definately getting better from what I saw today in the Cluj game. Tymo has helped solidify things at CDM and allowed LVG to play Schweini up at CAM where Kroos was having trouble, the result has been rather stunning and it seems to have helped get the service that is needed to Gomez which is a key for him being involved and scoring in the game. Gomez is on a roll right now and LVG has to make sure it keeps going because Bayern simply don't have options at the spot right now. The defense did look shaky a couple of times, but Hans Jorg came to our rescue and bailed the back four out. Demi seems to have gotten back into it mentally which is a good thing and if Badstuber can get back into the lineup soon we should be ok till winter break.

Not sure on what LVG does sown the road now with MVB when he is healthy? I am guessing Ottl comes out and Tymo and MVB play in the center? That is if Schweini stays up at CAM. ANd what the hell do you do with Kroos when Ribery is back??? :mrgreen:
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby EQ Kimball » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:38 am

We played against who?
Join the Milk movement
EQ Kimball
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Element » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 am

I Could not watch the whole game , I have Seen the goals (3 Sick Passes to goals By Schweinsteiger , but the first one did not count as assist )

But I think that he is Better on the 6 than on the 10 because of his Defense and strength

And i am also sure that he can Play The Same offensive style as CDM (The Games vs Basel and Bremen perfectly show this)

Gomez with a hattrick

Question is : LVg said that he has 2 principles

1-Never Change a winning team
2-Captain Always plays

But Now , he cant do both , so which one will he pick

I Would go for Schweinsteiger and Tyomschuk as CDM , Kroos as Cam , Hamit RM and Mueller LM when Robbery is Back , Bench Hamit and Tymoschuk/Kroos
Omar Bayern Munchen wrote:i love this kit i tried getting one

I Do not like it at all

in fact when we had the ball i thought that the opponent had it then i remembered that we are earing this kit

MaCk0y wrote:I bet Tymo had the most ball contacts. His movement off the ball is excellent. He provided space for the players to pass. He was everywhere in the midfield

i did some heavy Searching but i could not find The Ball contact Stats
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:31 am

Highlights
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:49 pm

nur4bayern wrote:

What's not to like, it looks like the German NT kit!

yeah true
but i like the jersey because of the new stripes
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:50 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:We played against who?

cluj a romanian team
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Omar Bayern Munchen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Element wrote:I Could not watch the whole game , I have Seen the goals (3 Sick Passes to goals By Schweinsteiger , but the first one did not count as assist )

But I think that he is Better on the 6 than on the 10 because of his Defense and strength

And i am also sure that he can Play The Same offensive style as CDM (The Games vs Basel and Bremen perfectly show this)

Gomez with a hattrick

Question is : LVg said that he has 2 principles

1-Never Change a winning team
2-Captain Always plays

But Now , he cant do both , so which one will he pick

I Would go for Schweinsteiger and Tyomschuk as CDM , Kroos as Cam , Hamit RM and Mueller LM when Robbery is Back , Bench Hamit and Tymoschuk/Kroos
Omar Bayern Munchen wrote:i love this kit i tried getting one

I Do not like it at all

in fact when we had the ball i thought that the opponent had it then i remembered that we are earing this kit

MaCk0y wrote:I bet Tymo had the most ball contacts. His movement off the ball is excellent. He provided space for the players to pass. He was everywhere in the midfield

i did some heavy Searching but i could not find The Ball contact Stats

well wait
kroos is not battern than bommel and the best squad is
tymo-mvb
schweinstiger
in midfeild if we play like this trust me the team will be amazing and we will have the best midfield ever
i like how the team is now playing and if we want to get less players than the players we were expecting in the winter before we could just get a new cntral back and thats it
:D
Omar Bayern Munchen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby walter » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:54 pm

EQ Kimball wrote:We played against who?

cluj a romanian team

he was being sarcastic. EQ is not too happy to see Mario score a hat-trick again... :wink:
Last edited by walter on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League