You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2010-09-15] Bayern vs Roma

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:52 am

Bayern will win
80%
It will end in a draw
12%
Roma will win
8%

Total votes : 25

Re: [2010-09-15] Bayern vs Roma

Postby slyk » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:01 pm

Am just glad Bayern could entertain Felix Magath....

There is nothing much to say about this game, that hasn't been said. Bayern is having a slow start like some other big clubs, but watching Mueller continue to develop; Kroos adjusting to Bayern's system; and Contento's promising start, it reassures one, that the team is moving in the right direction.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Oli » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:29 pm

I heard the Bayern fans singing a song in the end of this game. I believe it was Scooter but I can't figure out what song it was. Can somebody help me out? Thanks.
Oli
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:31 pm

The team’s patience paid off last night and beating the toughest opponent of our group right on the first matchday without two of our key players is an excellent start to this year’s CL-campaign.

As soon as I saw Roma’s flat four in midfield, I knew they were gonna drop back deep and it was always gonna be difficult to find the necessary gaps in their defensive structure. We kept going with our possession play and they eventually got tired, after the 50th minute it was practically just powerplay right around Roma’s box and their counter-attacks were pretty much non-existent. What I didn’t like was Borriello’s chance soon after we scored our first. Butt reacted well and saved us the lead but you just can’t show that kind of lack of concentration after you’ve worked so hard to get on top of things. Contento I think it was who kept Borriello onside, instead of following his teammates and trapping the Italian attacker in an offside position. Apart from that, he showed a good game though and has been solid throughout this beginning of the season.

What I also enjoyed, was seeing the team adjust immediately to playing a 4-2-2-2 after Gomez and Klose came in, with Kroos on the left and Muller on the right. To be honest, I was expecting an interruption and disturbance in our play for at least 10 minutes, but I was glad to see the transition working so well within 2-3 minutes only. We can build on this.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
tappinho wrote:FCB destroyed Roma's energies in the 1st half (even if it was a bit disappointing with all that useless passing...)

The thing is, by not shooting in the first half, we keep possession all the time, and the opponents will be running after the ball all the time, therefore becoming more tired.

However, while this tactic seems to work, I think it's risky because you won't always manage to win the game in 45 minutes. Yesterday I was more afraid of us not managing to score rather than us losing. I think we should keep this idea of playing easily in the first half and attack with everything we've got in the second, but we should shoot more in the first half.

This seems to work against teams with lower pottential, but could be risky against teams like Barca, ManU., Arsenal, which have amazing speed and definition in counter attacks, not like Roma. We have to be careful about that. However in this stage, agaist these teams, this tactics will work
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Element » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:02 pm

This tactic can work with Top teams , but it wil hardly fail vs Teams With High Stamina (Hoffenheim) , if we had used it vs Bremen , We would have scored 4 goals because after the 70th minute , Wiese becoems there most Agile player !!!!

The Reason is that Instead of having 90 minutes to score , We only have 45 minutes to score , but in those 45 minute we would have consumed less energy than the opponent , so we sacrifice time for stamina

but if we face a team with High Stamina , Even if htey consume more Energy than us , they would have Energy that equals our energy
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby eddinanM3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:48 am

You got to remember the simple fact that teams like Barca and Arsenal hold possession very well themselves and make others chase them, so playing against teams like that are always going to limit your chances.
eddinanM3
I post all the time

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:27 pm

yes but you must know that we are also quite dangerous on counters...with Ribery, Robben, Muller etc...we have great counter attack and we can score a lot of goals if teams like Arsenal open and come at us.

LVG knows what he is doing so I dont worry about it...we are always good for a goal...it is defense that frightens me
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League