You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-11-22] Bayern Munich vs Villarreal

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Result?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Bayern Win
93%
Draw
7%
Villarreal Win
No votes

Total votes : 15

Re: [2011-11-22] Bayern Munich vs Villarreal

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:51 pm

Müller really put himself in trouble in last 6-7 games for Bayern. Now Kroos is doing excellent job in the team. He can start with his worries about position. Kroos and Jupp can become a jack-pot for Bayern, just like van Gaal-Müller before.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:51 pm

machkover wrote:some praising for Alaba please !! don't forget that this is his "first" full 90 mns game and more importantly in CL ! he finished it perfectly well . didn't he ?!!

Everyone knows I'm an Alaba fan, so no need to mention him ;)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mr.S » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:53 pm

Well not RIbery's best game sorry. City was probably better. Ribery missed 2 kindergarden chances which even Under 17 score. I am dissapointed,Robben should had atleast 2 assists. Having said that both the goals were pretty good,well taken with a cool head & Ribery played very well too. If only his finishing was better he would probably be considered on the same league as a Messi or a Ronaldo.

Kroos hands down MOM for me. Will bench Ozil & Goetze for Germany NT if he continous to play like this. 80% credit for both Ribery's goals,2 brilliant passes,split up the defense completely. Amazing.

Yes Alaba has a fantastic 1st touch & had a good match but his defending must improve & by leaps. Even Kroos was in Bayern's penalty box defending but Alaba was nowhere near during Villareal's goal. Alaba is the LDM/CM & is supposed to defend. That was his job. De Guzman had loads of space. He is still only 19 though.

Gomez was completely absent & Muller did not do anything significant. Pranjic actually surprised me,made a few good tackles & Olic deserves more time as well.
Mr.S
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 pm

So how did we do? I saw the first 15 minutes before my stream died and I went over to Napoli-City (cracking game btw). But from what I saw and what I can read about the rest of the game we were in cruise control the whole game.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:55 pm

Only one thing worries me. It's been a long time since our last clean sheet
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Me too... It's stupid how we recive goals from opponents. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:04 pm

My points from the game:

• Ribery had one of the best games (if not the best) in Bayern colours
  • Kroos proved that Mueller's place is on the bench if the whole team is 100% fit (I am sure I will get some flak for this :P)
  • Tymoshchuk who looked shaky in the last few matches had a great game and was unlucky not to find his name on the scoresheet. Luiz Gustavo and Tymo are having an epic battle for the #6
  • Robben looked way better than against Dortmund. He'll soon be back
  • Congrats for the guaranteed 1st place, but now it will be even more difficult to win against Manchester City who will come at us all guns blazing
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:09 pm

MUTU wrote:[*]Kroos proved that Mueller's place is on the bench if the whole team is 100% fit (I am sure I will get some flak for this :P)

And deservedly so! If Müller is 100% fit, he should be picked over any player we have! Unfortunately he hasn't been for quite some time now...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby mdm90 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:19 pm

-I agree about Mueller being on the bench if the team is 100% fit, only because of Kroos' form lately. He has been great, and it is a pity someone like Mueller misses out. Super sub though?
-Robben looked much sharper, and it didn't help his performance that Villareal had 7 or 8 men back flooding the box most of the time, always blocking his runs. Got all confidence that he will be back to fine form in at at most 2-3 games.
-Very exciting to think Robbery is back together and what is to come! (touch wood on their health)
-Gomez scored, a typical Gomez goal, and that's all he needed to do really as long as we were in front in and in control.

-Was very unimpressed with Rafinha, i'm not sure what instructions he is under but he was caught out in defence after pushing forward to attack too many times. Was responsible for the run that led to Villareal's goal, and only 10 or so minutes later they nearly had another chance exactly like it off an interception where Rafinha was even in front of Robben. He does not need to be attacking so much, especially with Robben back in the team. I know Lahm pushes forward frequently, but he rarely is caught out.
-Alaba was really good, had some great touches and passes, great to see him perform so well.

EDIT: Seeing as we now have 1st place wrapped up in the group, I wonder what Jupp's approach to man city will be- will we play Robben and a full powered team, or?
mdm90
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby AvatarX » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:23 pm

MUTU wrote:Congrats for the guaranteed 1st place, but now it will be even more difficult to win against Manchester City who will come at us all guns blazing

tbh I don't care that much. Even if they win probably they will continue to Europa League...

MUTU wrote:Tymoshchuk who looked shaky in the last few matches had a great game and was unlucky not to find his name on the scoresheet. Luiz Gustavo and Tymo are having an epic battle for the #6

We are fortunate to have 2 great players for that position. If only we had an anti-Schweini ...
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby dambun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 pm

FCB general wrote:Müller really put himself in trouble in last 6-7 games for Bayern. Now Kroos is doing excellent job in the team. He can start with his worries about position.

Not just the last 6-7 matches.... Mueller has not been in his absolute top form from the beginning of this season.... This is something I pointed out after the first 3-4 matches but most of the people disagreed.... Even his stats of the season so far shows this.... Of course even a 80-90% Mueller is still a great player and his class/intelligence can help us in matches.... But we need to get him to his absolutely best form, if we want to have a realistic shot in the CL....

MUTU wrote:Kroos proved that Mueller's place is on the bench if the whole team is 100% fit (I am sure I will get some flak for this )

I disagree.... Toni is developing and turning to an indispensable player for the team I agree... But Thomas himself is not 100% on peak form/fitness.... So you can't say he will be a bench player if everyone's 100% fit...

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Only one thing worries me. It's been a long time since our last clean sheet

Even though their goal was a brilliant one that was hard not to concede, you are absolutely right.... we need to rebuild our defensive structure, specially now that Schweini is out injured..... We must focus more on defensive qualities of our team.... very good point =D>

Mr.S wrote:Kroos hands down MOM for me.

I have the same opinion, despite Ribery's two goals.... Although I wasn't able to see the whole match because the links were not working well for me.....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:34 pm

MUTU wrote:Congrats for the guaranteed 1st place, but now it will be even more difficult to win against Manchester City who will come at us all guns blazing

tbh I don't care that much. Even if they win probably they will continue to Europa League...

Yeah... I believe we should only think about the welfare of our team: Rest some key players and use most of our bench players for that game... I don't really care if we use some of FCB-II players...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 pm

On our croatian forum was also mentioned the importance of Müller's form and wish to be outside of 1st team. Last 6-7 games he didn't show anything special and he was very invisible. When we look back about last 8-9 days and his performance against Ukraine and Holland, it's unacceptable to play bad match against BvB. Someone else should finally get his chance and show what he knows, and we have seen tonight that excellent scenario. Alaba in, Müller out, Kroos back on his natural position and for me personally, he had the best performance in Bayern trikot. =D>

I would give him a title for the man of the match. He took credits for two Ribéry's goals and dictate a game, moved around entire field... Absolutely magnificent! :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Tabacko » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:37 pm

For me Alaba was tonight pretty good anti Schweinstaiger so nice job Alaba. And Kroos Man of The Bayern Team and the match :D.

And Alaba isnt CDM( he is just CM), Thymo is if i am not misstaken ( he was allways like Gustavo CDM or i don`t know)
Tabacko
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:46 pm

dambun wrote:Not just the last 6-7 matches.... Mueller has not been in his absolute top form from the beginning of this season.... This is something I pointed out after the first 3-4 matches but most of the people disagreed.... Even his stats of the season so far shows this.... Of course even a 80-90% Mueller is still a great player and his class/intelligence can help us in matches.... But we need to get him to his absolutely best form, if we want to have a realistic shot in the CL....

I was patient with him and thought it is just a begining of a new season, needs to find real rhythm and find himself on the wing. However, now I can sum his performance and conclude that he isn't in good form as he was.

Very much time has elapsed and I don't see goals, wild assists, himself as a key figure of the goal actions... Now he is deservely on the bench and has a time to figure out what should he do in future and work hard to give entire team and fans what they want from him.

He is and he will be always a great player, no doubt... But now he doesn't perform very well as he was last 2 seasons. I know he is going to burn totally to prove his worth and get back in real shape. :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League