You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-10-23] Bayern Munich vs Viktoria Plzeň

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Viktoria Plzeň will win
No votes

Total votes : 22

Re: [2013-10-23] Bayern Munich vs Viktoria Plzeň

Postby Jorge » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:28 pm

runaway wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Hey forgive me i didnt watch the match...but i am confused! few stats show plzen had 1 attempt on goal and others show 0! which one is correct? :-s

whoscored.com shows 1 attempt. But in-game and at the end as well when they show the stats, it was 0.
MoFattal wrote:Image

Searching whoscored.com, I found where that goal attempt was:

Like many Football stats this being considered an attempt is debatable: the player did not have proper distance, space, angle or even balance to execute the shot, it was more a wild desperate random kick than an aimed shot. If I have to technically classify this I put in the category of an effort to move the ball forward high on the pitch but not a goal attempt since it lacks the ingredients of a goal scoring opportunity.
Thanks for the post, I could not remember when it was either but when you posted the minute mark I replayed it on the DVR.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Jorge wrote:
runaway wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Hey forgive me i didnt watch the match...but i am confused! few stats show plzen had 1 attempt on goal and others show 0! which one is correct? :-s

whoscored.com shows 1 attempt. But in-game and at the end as well when they show the stats, it was 0.
MoFattal wrote:Image

Searching whoscored.com, I found where that goal attempt was:

Like many Football stats this being considered an attempt is debatable: the player did not have proper distance, space, angle or even balance to execute the shot, it was more a wild desperate random kick than an aimed shot. If I have to technically classify this I put in the category of an effort to move the ball forward high on the pitch but not a goal attempt since it lacks the ingredients of a goal scoring opportunity.
Thanks for the post, I could not remember when it was either but when you posted the minute mark I replayed it on the DVR.

:lol: :lol: We are arguing whether Bayern let Viktoria an attempt on goal or not. Too much superiority should not be allowed :lol: BTW, I only remember Viktoria's goalkeeper getting booked who should have not been IMO.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:44 pm

That goalkeeper should get a medal. The game could have been easily on the two digits if wasn't for him.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Glorious moment: Viktoria best chance in the 28th minute:
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MUTU » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:30 pm

So it was Contento's mistake that the shot came in, despite the fact that he managed to block it.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:35 pm

MUTU wrote:So it was Contento's mistake that the shot came in, despite the fact that he managed to block it.

Not even sure that Contento blocked the shot but he hustled back enough after missing to make the striker unconfortable.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:39 pm

MaCk0y wrote: BTW, I only remember Viktoria's goalkeeper getting booked who should have not been IMO.

Yes indeed. This is the only time -as I remember- that the goalkeeper for the losing side is booked for time wasting.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League