You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-19] Bayern Munich vs Valencia CF

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
98%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Valencia CF will win
2%

Total votes : 41

Re: [2012-09-19] Bayern Munich vs Valencia CF

Postby SouthernStar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
And just another thing I wanted to mention... this Valencia with this lineup has nothing to do in La Liga. Their midfield today (Parejo--Tino Costa) is way too weak. They need Banega (who is great) and Gago back ASAP. But they also had Albelda out with an injury.

What's the ETA on their comeback? I know some Valencia fans mentioned that they are missing quite a bunch of key players, not sure if it's more than just these three? (I don't pay much attention about LA Liga :oops: )
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Back home from the Allianz Arena and missed both Valencias goal and our penalty kick as I wanted to get out of the parking area early in order to avoid an hour or more of waiting time. The audience was fairly disappointing, typical for most Uefa Champions League matches I guess.

Overall I was very impressed by Toni Kroos, Bastian Schweinsteiger and until halftime Franck Ribéry. In my view those three were carrying our team to success. Especially how Schweinsteiger & Kroos aggressively pressed the Valencia players leading up to our 1-0 was a great effort. I was also fairly impressed by Javi Martínez even though he isn't completely integrated into the flow of the game. The Spaniards overall quality was obvious in his every action and I liked his aggressiveness, athleticism and vigor. I'm so eager to see more of him especially after Gustavo didn't impress me much for the last 20 minutes or so.

Man of the match was however Toni Kroos. Just excellent in every aspect of his game. Amazing ball distribution, amazing work rate, amazing midrange shots with both feet, amazing quick combination play, amazing safety on the ball if it weren't for the one missed pass to Mandzukic I'd say he had a perfect game. Should have gotten a penalty, too. At least that's how it looked like from where i was seated.

Overall a fairly entertaining evening of Champions League football.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:00 am

Sooo... 2-1 seems like a close one, but most sites say it was a solid victory... so what happened?
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:01 am

SouthernStar wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:
And just another thing I wanted to mention... this Valencia with this lineup has nothing to do in La Liga. Their midfield today (Parejo--Tino Costa) is way too weak. They need Banega (who is great) and Gago back ASAP. But they also had Albelda out with an injury.

What's the ETA on their comeback? I know some Valencia fans mentioned that they are missing quite a bunch of key players, not sure if it's more than just these three? (I don't pay much attention about LA Liga :oops: )

Banega has a long time injury and he will be back in a few months
Canales (who is also very important for them as he is their CAM) had two consecutive severe injuries in a row and he will be back in a few months too
Albelda will be out for 1 month
Gago is fit for next match if I'm not mistaken

Banega is like their own Schweinsteiger. He is their key player
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Bazi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:11 am

quaazi wrote:Sooo... 2-1 seems like a close one, but most sites say it was a solid victory... so what happened?

Basically Valencia defended, we didn't take too much risk and scored two goals until we dropped concentration for a split second and they scored a goal in injury time.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:21 am

In the first half I think that 90% of the game was played in their own half. They couldn't do anything
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby SouthernStar » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 am

Bazi wrote:
quaazi wrote:Sooo... 2-1 seems like a close one, but most sites say it was a solid victory... so what happened?

Basically Valencia defended, we didn't take too much risk and scored two goals until we dropped concentration for a split second and they scored a goal in injury time.

So are you saying they pulled a "bus"? Or it's just packed defending but not 9 men defenders ("bus")?

My stream was so bad, I killed it after 10 mins so I didn't watched the game...
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 am

They didn't park the bus like Chelsea or ManCity did on Tuesday. They just couldn't do anything but defend because our midfield was too much for them. All their players were in their own half
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby sooperdice » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:13 am

From whatever I could see due to my shitty stream. We controlled the game. I think they had 4 shots on goal the entire match. Scoreline is a bit flattering towards them.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
sooperdice
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:04 am

Bazi wrote:Basically Valencia defended, we didn't take too much risk and scored two goals until we dropped concentration for a split second and they scored a goal in injury time.

And, of course, to make sure the demons of the lost final are kept fresh we concede from a corner kick and we miss a penalty kick... nothing out of the ordinary.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 am

Bayernbazi wrote:let's not forget that there were a lot of hard tackles from them which remained unpunished but kept breaking the flow of the action.
there were also a couple of bad mistakes from match officials as well like when he didn't give the advantage and the foul on Kroos in the box

Yes, that foul on Kroos was one of the clearest penalty calls a referee can get, and yet he failed to give it. Overall good game, but once again finishing let us down. We deserved to win by a bigger margin such was our dominance in the match.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 am

walter wrote:
Bazi wrote:Basically Valencia defended, we didn't take too much risk and scored two goals until we dropped concentration for a split second and they scored a goal in injury time.

And, of course, to make sure the demons of the lost final are kept fresh we concede from a corner kick and we miss a penalty kick... nothing out of the ordinary.

LOL, and as a demon from another final, their goal was scored by an ex-Dortmund player (Valdez) :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Franck Ribery » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 am

Franck Ribery
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby AvatarX » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:28 am

MUTU wrote:
walter wrote:

LOL, and as a demon from another final, their goal was scored by an ex-Dortmund player (Valdez) :lol:

@ Commodore: Maybe all the above were the reasons most of us are not that happy in this thread. We absolutely dominated the match, every aspect of it, could have won by a very big margin with better finishing and yet somehow we managed to do some things that woke the daemons from May, in the same field, in the same tournament.

That's why most of the people are moaning about last night, not the game itself, as despite of the narrow scoreline, we had a clear win.

P.S. I really hope that we do some PK training.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:14 am

Maybe we could 'avoid' some of the penalties instead since we can't score them. IMO, it wasn't a penalty on Robben. The player barely touched him; he just dived as soon as he was close to him. A shot by Robben on target would have been more dangerous, who knows a mistake from the goalie, a deflection or a rebound from Mandzukic would have been far more dangerous than the penalty kick. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League