You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-11-02] Bayern Munich vs SSC Napoli

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:24 pm

FC Bayern will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Napoli will win
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: [2011-11-02] Bayern Munich vs SSC Napoli

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 am

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OhioFan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:47 am

armbrust wrote:
Napoli's first goal was due to a mistake by Boateng.
Napoli's second goal was due to POS diving and poor officIating on the POS dive, causing a fake yellow card.

I believe it was backwards

Wasn't the first goal due to the push by Boateng at the end of the first half? I hadn't started celebratory drinking at that point...
Götterdämmerung
OhioFan
2015/16 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby rotweiss » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:36 am

Napoli played very hard, but were outplayed to such a degree in the first 40 minutes that they knew they were going to need any advantage they could get to get back into the game, the fouling on Ribery went on far too long and then when it finally resulted in the second yellow which meant red and Napoli were down a man you knew that every time Bayern got even close to a Napoli player they were going to dive and the emotion caught up to the ref and he gave out a very weak yellow to Badstuber to even things up.
rotweiss
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MilanFan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:33 am

Hoping you guys dont judge italian football based on Napoli ie the diving/constant fouling

Im pretty sure only 2 of them are Azzuri players (De Sanctis and Maggio), worst offenders are from South America

And TBH Bayern wern't saints either reff missed alot for both sides

Anyways, was an interesting game
MilanFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 am

Zigehh wrote:whats moscow doing there? :D

Could it be because of the news that was around last week, that Russina PM Putin tried to block Neuer's transfer from Schalke ?
http://www.thelocal.de/sport/20111026-38465.html

Schweini's injury was no good and I hope that Heynckes manages to come up with an alternative. After all when Robben got injured we were all asking how would the team cope without him and today we all know.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:01 am

What an epic save by De Sanctis.. =D> =D> =D>
And really, Neuer did a Kraft for the 2nd goal Napoli scored. Stood there like a tree. He should have saved it or punched it. DvB did a very basic mistake which a defender shouldn't do. Jump too early..
We really need a top CB for the CB position...
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:10 am

Come on, Neuer had no blame for the 2nd goal, the ball was way beyond reach for him and how the hell could he foresee van Buyten losing an aerial battle anyway? The first goal he can be criticized a bit more for: he wasn't ready and who knows, maybe it was his commands that resulted in Schweini and van Buyten clashing into each other and leaving the Napoli player with a free header.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Sing along: "Will the real Gomez bashers please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..."
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:48 pm

tflags wrote:Sing along: "Will the real Gomez bashers please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..."

Who woke me up singing? :P LOL
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:14 pm

tflags wrote:Sing along: "Will the real Gomez bashers please stand up, please stand up, please stand up..."

Who woke me up singing? :P LOL

JEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJEJE +1!

A few words from Trecker, who I noticed summarized the game better than some pundits I read today:

Speaking of the Bavarians: they should have waltzed home against Napoli after a 40-minute master class that featured a hat trick from Mario Gomez, wonderful runs from Franck Ribery and so many smart touches in midfield that the Italians were simply sliced to ribbons. Whatever happened to catenaccio, once the trademark of the Italian game? Napoli simply left the doors wide open.

Gomez struck three times within 23 minutes, his final goal in the 40th the result of five swift passes in close quarters that left the Napoli defenders chasing shadows. Tony Kroos, Ribery and Thomas Muller joined the likes of Bastian Schweinsteiger in dissecting the blue-shirted visitors to such an extent that the match seemed done and dusted.

Then came the first of Bayern's lapses. Two defenders collided leaving Federico Fernandez room for a six-yard header that made it 3-1 at the interval. Although there was no sign of problems for the Bundesliga leaders, up popped Fernandez again, this time with 10 minutes left. He had gotten completely behind the Bayern defense to meet a free kick and lobbed his header to Manuel Neuer's far post. A nervy finish followed, but Bayern held on, albeit with some dented pride.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Gomez btw is top scorer in CL alongside Messi with 5 goals....

tflags wrote:Gomez struck three times within 23 minutes, his final goal in the 40th the result of five swift passes in close quarters that left the Napoli defenders chasing shadows.

That goal was a beauty of quick passing, sharp thinking and effectiveness.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Bastian Schweinsteiger's fractured collarbone was successfully repaired and a plate inserted in an operation performed at around 2 am on Thursday morning by Prof. Imhoff, assisted by FCB chief medical officer Dr. Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. Schweinsteiger will remain in hospital until Friday, and has been ordered to rest completely for two weeks after that. The first step in his sports rehabilitation programme will be to resume jogging, before the player is cleared to resume training with the team in approximately six weeks.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 pm

The good thing about his injury is that there's no danger of aggravating it on his return like happened to Robben, because it's his shoulder. Basically, let's consider this a 2-month vacation for Schweini during which we can enjoy falling back on that lead we built up with our initial dash from the starting line.

Kroos will be a fine option for most of the games to come, against City and maybe Dortmund depending on their form we'll just have to play for a draw.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Previous

Return to UEFA Champions League