You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2011-11-02] Bayern Munich vs SSC Napoli

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:24 pm

FC Bayern will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Napoli will win
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: [2011-11-02] Bayern Munich vs SSC Napoli

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:07 pm

Don't exaggerate now. Bayern still won despite the second half performance and cheating against.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Ironically, Van Buyten's error (air challenges were his specialty :shock: ) came at a time when people were starting to say good things about him #-o #-o

This guy doesn't like compliments :mrgreen:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 pm

At the moment, I'm not sure whether I would like City of Napoli to crash out of CL ... the latter spend 90% of the game playing all different kind of sports except for football, while the former are just sh!tty :D
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:13 pm

machkover wrote:take it for granted gays !!

Gays??? :shock: [-X
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding man.

BTW it was totally unnecesary suffering. It should have ended 4-0 or 5-0. We have to change our mentality, because against stronger teams, we could lose.
Last edited by Zer0 Bayern on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 pm

I still don't understand how this formation:

Lahm --- Badstuber --- van Buyten ---- Boateng

is preferred to this formation:

Lahm --- Badstuber --- Boateng --- Rafinha

In my opionion:
Boateng at CD is better than Boateng at RB
Rafinha at RB is better than van Buyten at CD
Which makes the 2nd formation a no-brainer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:17 pm

I don't know about you guys but I'm happy about Heynckes' decisions today. Before Schweinsteiger came off we were the only team playing, and could have scored more than just 3 (but they can't go in). Schweini is the heart of this team. It was obvious we would struggle once he was subbed. At first I thought we should put in Alaba and play Kroos next to Gustavo, but then I realized Heynckes' decision to put in Tymo was probably better. If you notice from that moment on we never really tried attacking again. Even our free-kicks were all played backwards. We know how good Napoli are at counter-attacks and with 2 goals up we didn't allow them to play at their best, even if it meant defending and possession.

These tactics would have been suicide last season. We would almost certainly have drawn or lost. Now we can see how much more stable the team is this year.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby machkover » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:19 pm

thanks for correction ! sorry Guys !! :mrgreen: concerning conceeded goals i am focusing on them ! our defen*ce isn't a world class ! remember badstuber's silly mistakes !! remember boateng's silly foul when he got booked : he is slow . v buyten not able to jump higher !! really a pity [-X
GET OFF BAYERN'S WAY TO THE GLORY
machkover
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Zigehh wrote:Is anyone else worried how much our play fell apart when schweinsteiger went out. They all seemed so lost. Kroos should have stepped up but i guess he isnt yet ready.

I'm not. As I mentioned I believe it was intentional. There is no doubt that we won't be as good without Schweini but we CAN attack, don't worry. Besides Augsburg should be a walk in the park and then we have internationals. Robben is also due back soon so if Schweini cannot play against Dortmund, Kroos can take his place.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:21 pm

I thought Heynckes had some poor decisions in defence. He refused to play Rafinha, even after Badstuber was sent off (he decided to play Gustavo as CD instead and leave Boateng as RB).

But also, after his latest form, I'd have preferred Alaba to come on, rather than Tymoshchuk, for the injured Schweinsteiger, who by the way suffered a broken collarbone and will be out for 4-6 weeks :(
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:22 pm

machkover wrote:remember boateng's silly foul when he got booked : he is slow

He is fast. And he got the ball first. It was never a foul, and the referee was not right to book him as well.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 pm

MUTU wrote:I thought Heynckes had some poor decisions in defence. He refused to play Rafinha, even after Badstuber was sent off (he decided to play Gustavo as CD instead and leave Boateng as RB).

Yeah, this was a mistake, but he always does that for some reason.

MUTU wrote:I'd have preferred Alaba to come on for the injured Schweinsteiger

Alaba would have left us two exposed in counter-attacks. Either him or Kroos would have partnered Gustavo and neither of them is anywhere near as good as Schweini is in defending. If the game was already 3-2, maybe Alaba would have come in. But with 3-1 we didn't really need that other goal, we just had to hold on to our lead.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby supra969 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:I thought Heynckes had some poor decisions in defence. He refused to play Rafinha, even after Badstuber was sent off (he decided to play Gustavo as CD instead and leave Boateng as RB).

Yeah, this was a mistake, but he always does that for some reason.

MUTU wrote:I'd have preferred Alaba to come on for the injured Schweinsteiger

Alaba would have left us two exposed in counter-attacks. Either him or Kroos would have partnered Gustavo and neither of them is anywhere near as good as Schweini is in defending. If the game was already 3-2, maybe Alaba would have come in. But with 3-1 we didn't really need that other goal, we just had to hold on to our lead.

well lets say its to know you have backup in case of heavy injuris and shit

more like practice except in an important game
i love teams that park the bus
supra969
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Oh well, typical italians? :roll:

Feels great for Gomez hattrick and the victory but, I'm still mad of Schweini's injury. They almost injured Ribery too.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby quaazi » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:31 pm

MUTU wrote:
He is fast. And he got the ball first. It was never a foul, and the referee was not right to book him as well.

You know, he's done these agile tackles a lot and the only time he didn't get the ball the foul was NOT called (the first foul v City). Referees just take the side of the falling guy because it looks sorta dangerous.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 pm

We certainly made life very difficult for ourselves with that stupid first half goal we conceded.... And I get that after a narrow 3-2 victory and especially our second half display we are not feeling as assured as we are used to this season.... But what I don't get is that people are criticizing our defense....!!!

We conceded two header goals... both from set pieces not in the course of play.... the first was scored mainly because our players collided and fell on the floor.... and the second one was scored when our CB Holger was unjustly sent off, and if I'm not mistaken, that was not even a foul by Gustavo that they scored from!....

I'm not saying that our defense is perfect and I agree we need to work on it more... what I'm saying is that what we should rightfully criticize is our buildup play in the second half.... I think JH is partly at fault for this.... he could have brought Alaba for Gomez IMO sooner in the match.... Gomez was not fed enough in the second half and we could have improved our midfield/buildup play with such a substitution....

And seems our boys might have become complacent a little bit recently... This lots of admiration from everywhere might have gotten into our heads... We all need to come to our senses before it gets too late.... We have won nothing yet.... and we need to improve in many areas if we really want to be a serious CL contender...

But for now... congrats to all for having 10 points and leading the group of death so strongly... =D> =D> =D>
Auf geht's Bayern........
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League