You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-03-11] Bayern Munich vs Shakhtar Donetsk

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win inside 90 minutes
90%
Bayern Munich will win after extra time
No votes
Bayern Munich will win on penalties after extra time
No votes
Shakhtar Donetsk will win on penalties after extra time
No votes
Shakhtar Donetsk will go through on away goals after extra time
3%
Shakhtar Donetsk will win after extra time
No votes
Shakhtar Donetsk will go through on away goals inside 90 minutes
3%
Shakhtar Donetsk will win inside 90 minutes
3%

Total votes : 29

Re: [2015-03-11] Bayern Munich vs Shakhtar Donetsk

Postby MUTU » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:38 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:I say this.. if we concede one, we are out. If we score a fast 1-0 its game over for them.

You're contradicting yourself in the two sentences you wrote, since we can both score a fast 1-0 and then concede later.

In fact, this is quite plausible.

We need to go out in search of that quick opener. Otherwise they will just bottle up the defence and work on the counter-attacks. Their players are very fast so this situation works quite well in their favour. If they keep a clean sheet, the worst case scenario for them is that they lose on penalties after extra time.

It's a very risk result, but I agree that if we score an early goal we are mostly through. They will defend though, they will really park the bus.

I will elaborate.. If they score the 1-0, they are going to park the bus big time and make it hard for Bayern to even create any kind of chance. But if Bayern scores the 1-0 very soon in the match, Donezk HAS to open up, or else they are out and if they do, we will be able to beat them 2 or 3-0.. But the longer it stays 0-0 i even see certain Bayern players starting to panic like a Dante for example if he plays.

I think Shakhtar won't wait/hope for them to score the 1-0 in order to park the bus. I think they will park the bus while it's 0-0.

Actually, I think they would continue parking the bus even if Bayern score an early goal. They know that if it's still 1-0 near the end, say the 80th minute or so, they can start attacking instead and hope for a lucky late goal without Bayern having enough time to react. If it ends 1-1, they're through to the quarterfinals.

The only way they won't park the bus is if they're losing by 2 goals or if they're losing by 1 goal and there's less than 10 minutes left on the clock.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Korab » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:55 pm

For sure Shahtar will park the bus but there are 2 kinds of parked bus. First - deep down, Bayern likes it, passing ball around the box forever, grinding down defenses, waiting for mistakes. Second - higher in the field (like it was in Lviv and in few other games) which Bayern doesn't like because it disrupting their flow of play. The second type is most probable and it may cause many problems.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MatZam » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Basically, we (I'm looking at you Pep) fecked up in the away leg :evil:
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:56 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote: I will elaborate.. If they score the 1-0, they are going to park the bus big time and make it hard for Bayern to even create any kind of chance. But if Bayern scores the 1-0 very soon in the match, Donezk HAS to open up, or else they are out and if they do, we will be able to beat them 2 or 3-0.. But the longer it stays 0-0 i even see certain Bayern players starting to panic like a Dante for example if he plays.

I see what you are saying now. I think I will be getting nervous on my couch the longer it stays 0-0. As for the players, I think they should be prepared for another battle of attrition.

I will just pray Robben cuts three times inside this time and makes it 1-0. After that, Bayern will make it 50 shades of red :mrgreen:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby prasun77 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:51 pm

MatZam wrote:Basically, we (I'm looking at you Pep) fecked up in the away leg :evil:

Well we played with all the players feeling insecure (basically scared for their lives) and Shakhtar did play well..
Also Shakhtar defeated Pep's barcelona at its peak in donetsk..BUT barca still qualified!
so no..it wasn't exactly a disaster AND
Pep seemed confident when he said we will go through by winning the home leg in the post match conference..
He has faced Shakhtar 6 times before and is well aware of them..Robben also said recently that Pep is well prepared..So have faith..
We played with a bernat alaba Boateng defence..keep this in mind!We will have a better defence
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS..
Xabi is suspended so we will be back with Schweini as the sole holding midfielder..basically the same team which hambur..(u get it right? :wink: )
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby runaway » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:26 pm

The horse is long dead and we're still doing an autopsy? :coffee:
Bayern consider themselves the best. It follows that winning is the only acceptable outcome for every game they play. On the few occasions that they don't win, they never accept the other side as having been better. That's what good losers would do. Bayern, however, don't lose well. They immediately conduct no-holds-barred post-mortems while the corpse is still twitching, scratching their heads and asking why and how it was they didn't show their true face, didn't play at their best, ended up beating themselves.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby JANCKER » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:39 pm

Our weaknesses are well-known to our opponents now… they just need to watch the game against Wolfsburg. I'm not expecting anything from this season anymore, BuLi title and that's it.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ballackfcb » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:49 pm

On SKY Deutschland the experts for this game will be Franz Beckenbauer, Michael Ballack and Erik Meijer :D
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby RedQueen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Pep didn't order Alonso to get himself sent off, did he?

Shakhtar had one (1!!) shot all game, if you can call that a shot. One shot either on or off target. There's absolutely no reason to panic.

My biggest worry is that someone gets himself sent off again, for that's been becoming a habit. After the Braunschweig game, I'm looking at Ribery...
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:23 pm

JANCKER wrote:Our weaknesses are well-known to our opponents now… they just need to watch the game against Wolfsburg. I'm not expecting anything from this season anymore, BuLi title and that's it.

Your theory... lets watch A. Madrid match against Real and even Dinamo Zagreb can beat Real because they watch game?
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:42 am

CroCHEF wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Our weaknesses are well-known to our opponents now… they just need to watch the game against Wolfsburg. I'm not expecting anything from this season anymore, BuLi title and that's it.

Your theory... lets watch A. Madrid match against Real and even Dinamo Zagreb can beat Real because they watch game?

Agree with your comparison, because every oponnents know how to beat Bayern, but they cant because players. For execute the plan, you need players who can, but Jancker isn´t bad at all, because Shakhtar have players that can execute Wolfsburg strategy.

So finally, as always the same, everything will depends on bayern, because we have better players that should avoid Shakthar plan, by executing their plan.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:10 pm

There are a number of issues pending besides a cb getting a red card. Neuer handling the ball with his hand from a Boateng pass (last two games), failure to equalize and even let more than a goal against when the opposing team scores first. Bitchface's comeback was a small calamity in itself while Benatia state is unknown and Dante is tackling his way into a red card. Pep is adamant to play Alonso who's tank is clearly not big enough to run for 90 miles. his partnership with El Comandante ain't working either. Rafinha continues to get nervous on crucial CL matches (Basel 2012 anyone?). Müller's ain't finding the space he used to while Ribéry is getting overworked, over tackled and over angered (Madrid 2014 anyone?). The list is getting long and worrying.

On the plus side, Alaba can free kick us the hell out of a deadlock if you know what I mean.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:30 pm

I just hope one thing... that the players are not annoyed by :pep: as I am... cause if it is the case we are doomed to fail very early in the UCL if not now it will be the next stage.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Korab » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:04 pm

It’s not the players, it’s the system which makes it look like that.
Guardiola system by nature congests area around and in the box. Lets forget about slight diffs where each player supposed to operate and see just big picture, which is: on both wings you have two guys closely following each other, at the back there are 3 nominal defenders, that leaves us with 3 guys operating more or less in the center.
Ribbery and Robben have relatively some space to operate on deep wings and even sometimes moving in into the center. Those 3 guys in the center of the field don’t have any space left (consider also that opposite side defenders are concentrated in that area) and are getting the most of the shit from fans – Muller, Lewa, Goetze. Also we have only 3 guys in high line of defense, they’re sometimes the victims of the system (fast counter) and they’re also getting a lot of flak and red cards.
There is dilemma here, is Bayern able to score more goals, using current system, than opponents on fast counters. Last year Real and Wolfsburg experience shows that it is not the case sometimes. We will see.
I said that before, if Pep stays those guys from the center should look for greener pastures somewhere else. They look duller and duller with time passing.
One last remark, I think Bayern lost the ability for fast combination attack, every player when gets the ball looks first for somebody on each side (or behind) to pass the ball to, almost never forward.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:15 pm

Korab wrote:It’s not the players, it’s the system which makes it look like that.
Guardiola system by nature congests area around and in the box. Lets forget about slight diffs where each player supposed to operate and see just big picture, which is: on both wings you have two guys closely following each other, at the back there are 3 nominal defenders, that leaves us with 3 guys operating more or less in the center.
Ribbery and Robben have relatively some space to operate on deep wings and even sometimes moving in into the center. Those 3 guys in the center of the field don’t have any space left (consider also that opposite side defenders are concentrated in that area) and are getting the most of the shit from fans – Muller, Lewa, Goetze. Also we have only 3 guys in high line of defense, they’re sometimes the victims of the system (fast counter) and they’re also getting a lot of flak and red cards.
There is dilemma here, is Bayern able to score more goals, using current system, than opponents on fast counters. Last year Real and Wolfsburg experience shows that it is not the case sometimes. We will see.
I said that before, if Pep stays those guys from the center should look for greener pastures somewhere else. They look duller and duller with time passing.
One last remark, I think Bayern lost the ability for fast combination attack, every player when gets the ball looks first for somebody on each side (or behind) to pass the ball to, almost never forward.

very well said...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League