You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Sevilla FC will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:24 am

Manchu wrote:I feel like Lewandowski is catching a little too much flak lately because people are still underrating Wagner. Many people still haven't really mentally accepted that Wagner is really, really good, so when he not only demonstrates good team play but also scores nearly as often as Lewandowski, a lot of people go "look, a barely average striker is nearly as good as Lewandowski. Lewandowski must be really underperforming this season/maybe isn't as good as we thought" when really Lewandowski is playing about as well as he always has had and has the same strengths and weaknesses* he always has had.

Whether these weaknesses justify benching Lewandowski in crucial games in order to play a slightly worse but more team orientated striker is another question, of course. I can't help but being reminded of the Mandzukic vs Gomez situation in 2012/13.

*Disappearing in some matches, not working hard defensively, not showing passion.

I like Wagner, but any idea what contributes to his WhoScored rating being so bloody low? Is it because he rarely plays the full 90?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:28 am

Manchu wrote:Whether these weaknesses justify benching Lewandowski in crucial games in order to play a slightly worse but more team orientated striker is another question, of course. I can't help but being reminded of the Mandzukic vs Gomez situation in 2012/13.

Also, don't get me started. I compiled a statistic at the time which clearly showed that Bayern scored far more goals and conceded far fewer goals when Gomez was on the pitch as opposed to when Mandzukic was on the pitch. If we could get Goalimpact stats for that season, I'm pretty sure Gomez' GI completely whooped Mandzukic's.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:53 am

MUTU wrote:I like Wagner, but any idea what contributes to his WhoScored rating being so bloody low? Is it because he rarely plays the full 90?

I think so. If you only include games when he started, his average is 7.29.

Of course, I'm not a big fan of Whoscored ratings in general(because I don't like how they're only based on what happens with the ball when 90% of the game happens without it) and don't know a lot about them, so I might be missing something.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby Coman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:18 pm

If the qualification is secured quickly in the game, then 3 changes :
- Rafinha for Kimmich
- Süle for Boateng
- Wagner for Lewandowski
4-3-3 : Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Gnabry
3-5-2 : Neuer - Boateng Hummels Alaba - Thiago - Kimmich Goretzka James Coman - Müller Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Coman wrote:

- Rafinha for Kimmich
- Süle for Boateng
- Wagner for Lewandowski
Full best-eleven from the start, except Lewy and Kimmich. Rafinha and Wagner can do a good enough job.* If we're extra paranoid about not winning, Lewy can start, but I'd rather keep Kimmich protected from a third yellow.

* Contingent to Alaba being available.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:49 pm

Coman wrote:

- Rafinha for Kimmich
- Süle for Boateng
- Wagner for Lewandowski

Our best player this year playing golf now?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Postby Achilles » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:22 am

I don't agree with @prasun77 he is always over the top but he isn't completely wrong. With Robbery as trump cards nowadays he is our best attacking player for a while now, ten years ago a player netting consistently 40 goals per year and being a top-10 CL goalscorer before his 30s will be treated like a God in any club. Indeed I'm expecting from Lewandowski leading the team in some K.O games but we sucked in most of them as a team, didn't we? He scored against Juve against Real Madrid for example. Frankly in this forum even if he bagged a brace against Sevilla you would garbage that brace because "it was just Sevilla" which is unfair, some here want consistently last minute winner goal at CL K.Os or hat-tricks and then again and again to acknowledge the obvious that Lewandowski is the definition of world class CF. He ain't CR7, he is clearly inferior just like Robben is inferior to Messi, I can happily live with that and take it because for me they are right after next and because neither player are close to CR7 & Messi.

Against Sevilla did we actually feed him? Honestly we're the only team in the world that we don't feed our main CF consistently, the only one. I tend to watch games of some other teams with good strikers and the difference it's huge. Our primary target is running down the wings and make a lethal cross to the box with a player trailing, obviously Lewandowski will be the first who will be guarded by one or two players. We don't deliver the ball the right way, do you remember the feed for Gomez or the Ribery-Toni? Does it look like the same with Lewy? No, for god's sake Arjen has taken a bloody oath not to pass at the Pole, I swear to god that if was Robben to Salah place at the first goal of LFC and Lewy to Firmino then Robben wouldn't pass the ball.

Lewandowski is clearly not the problem, he gets the job done maybe he overestimates himself and his stature within the team but hell he can shoot the ball right into the net and can win you a game in ten minutes if the delivery is right.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:58 pm

Seville 0-1down

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:47 pm

They lost 0-4 today! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Against the mighty Celta Vigo!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Roonzil » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:31 pm

prasun77 wrote:They lost 0-4 today! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Did they rest anyone, was this a B-team?
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby nhanphan1990 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Roonzil wrote:

It looked like their optimal line up, with Banega supporting Yedder, Sarabia right, Nzonzi and Pizzaro as CMs. Kajer in defence...
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nhanphan1990 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Achilles wrote:I don't agree with @prasun77 he is always over the top but he isn't completely wrong. With Robbery as trump cards nowadays he is our best attacking player for a while now, ten years ago a player netting consistently 40 goals per year and being a top-10 CL goalscorer before his 30s will be treated like a God in any club. Indeed I'm expecting from Lewandowski leading the team in some K.O games but we sucked in most of them as a team, didn't we? He scored against Juve against Real Madrid for example. Frankly in this forum even if he bagged a brace against Sevilla you would garbage that brace because "it was just Sevilla" which is unfair, some here want consistently last minute winner goal at CL K.Os or hat-tricks and then again and again to acknowledge the obvious that Lewandowski is the definition of world class CF. He ain't CR7, he is clearly inferior just like Robben is inferior to Messi, I can happily live with that and take it because for me they are right after next and because neither player are close to CR7 & Messi.

Against Sevilla did we actually feed him? Honestly we're the only team in the world that we don't feed our main CF consistently, the only one. I tend to watch games of some other teams with good strikers and the difference it's huge. Our primary target is running down the wings and make a lethal cross to the box with a player trailing, obviously Lewandowski will be the first who will be guarded by one or two players. We don't deliver the ball the right way, do you remember the feed for Gomez or the Ribery-Toni? Does it look like the same with Lewy? No, for god's sake Arjen has taken a bloody oath not to pass at the Pole, I swear to god that if was Robben to Salah place at the first goal of LFC and Lewy to Firmino then Robben wouldn't pass the ball.

Lewandowski is clearly not the problem, he gets the job done maybe he overestimates himself and his stature within the team but hell he can shoot the ball right into the net and can win you a game in ten minutes if the delivery is right.

Agreed. Lewandowski was not provided anything last game. We looked inferior in the attacking department compared to Barca and Real :( it has been that way for some time now.

There are times I wondered why Robben always get the special treatment from a lot of users on this forum. He has been very average this season.
It is not the strong one that wins, the one that wins is strong.

Franz Beckenbauer
nhanphan1990
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby prasun77 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Roonzil wrote:

As nhan said this was more or less the same team which played us!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:02 pm

nhanphan1990 wrote:
Achilles wrote:I don't agree with @prasun77 he is always over the top but he isn't completely wrong. With Robbery as trump cards nowadays he is our best attacking player for a while now, ten years ago a player netting consistently 40 goals per year and being a top-10 CL goalscorer before his 30s will be treated like a God in any club. Indeed I'm expecting from Lewandowski leading the team in some K.O games but we sucked in most of them as a team, didn't we? He scored against Juve against Real Madrid for example. Frankly in this forum even if he bagged a brace against Sevilla you would garbage that brace because "it was just Sevilla" which is unfair, some here want consistently last minute winner goal at CL K.Os or hat-tricks and then again and again to acknowledge the obvious that Lewandowski is the definition of world class CF. He ain't CR7, he is clearly inferior just like Robben is inferior to Messi, I can happily live with that and take it because for me they are right after next and because neither player are close to CR7 & Messi.

Agreed. Lewandowski was not provided anything last game. We looked inferior in the attacking department compared to Barca and Real :( it has been that way for some time now.

There are times I wondered why Robben always get the special treatment from a lot of users on this forum. He has been very average this season.
Robben gets unbelievably overrated. There are still people who think we should bench one of James or Müller to get him in the X11. Insane.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:03 am

Preparing for Seville
https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/9 ... 25024?s=19

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League