You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Sevilla FC will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:31 pm

I usually only blame our scoring ability then... Thing is: they were better in Munich already, even before the red... Neuer had to save us from being down after 3 already... As it transpired, with that more than lucky own goal, he definitely made many mistakes... But ever since that kickoff in Madrid them scoring was basically a question of time... And we (despite knowing we had to score AT LEAST two and entering the game guns blazing with stating that we knew we had to score three) basically had NO oppprtunies... More than disappointing...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:37 pm

#12 wrote:I usually only blame our scoring ability then... Thing is: they were better in Munich already, even before the red... Neuer had to save us from being down after 3 already... As it transpired, with that more than lucky own goal, he definitely made many mistakes... But ever since that kickoff in Madrid them scoring was basically a question of time... And we (despite knowing we had to score AT LEAST two and entering the game guns blazing with stating that we knew we had to score three) basically had NO oppprtunies... More than disappointing...
Look #12, who was the better team in either leg when it was 11v11? Who scored more goals when it was 11v11? Were either second yellows completely warranted in the action they were handed out?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Actually just read your first sentence again. I was at the stadium that match and I remember it very well. Real Madrid were clearly inferior to us until the red card.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:I usually only blame our scoring ability then... Thing is: they were better in Munich already, even before the red... Neuer had to save us from being down after 3 already... As it transpired, with that more than lucky own goal, he definitely made many mistakes... But ever since that kickoff in Madrid them scoring was basically a question of time... And we (despite knowing we had to score AT LEAST two and entering the game guns blazing with stating that we knew we had to score three) basically had NO oppprtunies... More than disappointing...
Look #12, who was the better team in either leg when it was 11v11? Who scored more goals when it was 11v11? Were either second yellows completely warranted in the action they were handed out?

RM was the better team... Also at 11v11... We didn’t score more and none out of open play... And an own goal is not scored by us...
And the second yellow for Vidal was greatly deserved and overdue, but yeah, the situation was nuts at best... Javi's was legit... And awarded for sheer stupidity...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:43 pm

MUTU wrote:Actually just read your first sentence again. I was at the stadium that match and I remember it very well. Real Madrid were clearly inferior to us until the red card.

No...
You watch much live soccer? Sounds like you were overhyped... We were on par maybe... Only thing that was "clearly" was Vidal's comical penalty miss... Ramos is still laughing...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:02 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Actually just read your first sentence again. I was at the stadium that match and I remember it very well. Real Madrid were clearly inferior to us until the red card.

No...
You watch much live soccer? Sounds like you were overhyped... We were on par maybe... Only thing that was "clearly" was Vidal's comical penalty miss... Ramos is still laughing...

I said I was actually at the stadium. Before the penalty miss, Vidal missed a sitter of a header. Vidal alone could have scored a hat trick in the first half (his goal, the penalty and the header). With some luck we could've turned it into Real Madrid's biggest loss ever in Europe.

In the Bernabeu, we were outscoring them 2-1 with 11v11 and it wasn't lucky, we deserved to be winning, and the match deserved to be 10v11, as Casemiro deserved at least 3 red cards. Own goals are part of the game just as much as a goalkeeper failing to save what should be an easy save is also part of the game. They count.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:09 am

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

No...

I said I was actually at the stadium. Before the penalty miss, Vidal missed a sitter of a header. Vidal alone could have scored a hat trick in the first half (his goal, the penalty and the header). With some luck we could've turned it into Real Madrid's biggest loss ever in Europe.

In the Bernabeu, we were outscoring them 2-1 with 11v11 and it wasn't lucky, we deserved to be winning, and the match deserved to be 10v11, as Casemiro deserved at least 3 red cards. Own goals are part of the game just as much as a goalkeeper failing to save what should be an easy save is also part of the game. They count.

Oh man... Yeah, if we converted 100% of all shots we would probably win it every year... They had more shots on goal than us in that half - cause we had ONE - and we had a penalty for crying out loud
I know you were, hence the question... You are obviously not objective about this...
And that becomes even more obvious in your second paragraph... Reads like a nine year old not getting how his deeds habe consequences...
Three red cards? Come on, Vidal deserved just as many... I'm not even gonna argue about the time when they were due, but I think I alone posted three times in that very match thread how the fat Italian should finally take him off... I only get this Casemiro story on here... Everything else I hear is just about that - definitely uncalled for - red for Vidal... You’re obviously applying double standards here...
Go look it up in the match thread... I DISTINCTLY remember a lot of sad faces by half time because we were disappointing and playing poorly... It was very very VERY lucky to even score AT ALL, cause our only actual attempt on the friggin goal was Thiago after three minutes... In 210 minutes of soccer, Navas didn’t have to save a single shot, yet still somehow we magically got awarded three goals, and you talk about how it "wasn't unlucky" and how we "deserved to be winning"... Seriously? I know guys that stand in the Südkurve every week and that watch EVERY Bayern away game, too... Including those two... And none of them are THIS biased...
We came to that 1-2 by sheer chance (which is the very definition of lucky!), and consequently, the overtime! Kind of lika a virgin getting a child...
The officiating in that game was shit, I completely agree... But clearly the better team went through...

If you think THIS would’ve been a deserved elimination, then the 2012 winner must be far more than deserved by your standards...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:22 pm

#12 it's like you didn't watch the matches, went on uefa.com or livescore.com, checked who had the most shots on goal and declared that they therefore deserved to win. Of course they had more shots on goal and more dangerous chances, but 2 of those shots on goal (which ended up in the net) were offside and shouldn't have counted, and also most of them happened while we were down to 10 men not 11. Martinez was also a controversial red card, because he challenged in just the same way as he himself was challenged moments earlier.

The same thing needs to be attributed to Vidal. Vidal deserved a red under normal circumstances before he actually got it, but when you look at how Casemiro was getting away with murder one could argue that even a single yellow to Vidal was harsh. Casemiro easily committed 3-4x the amount of punishable offences as Vidal, and was not sent off. THAT's double standards.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:37 pm

MUTU wrote:#12 it's like you didn't watch the matches, went on uefa.com or livescore.com, checked who had the most shots on goal and declared that they therefore deserved to win. Of course they had more shots on goal and more dangerous chances, but 2 of those shots on goal (which ended up in the net) were offside and shouldn't have counted, and also most of them happened while we were down to 10 men not 11. Martinez was also a controversial red card, because he challenged in just the same way as he himself was challenged moments earlier.

The same thing needs to be attributed to Vidal. Vidal deserved a red under normal circumstances before he actually got it, but when you look at how Casemiro was getting away with murder one could argue that even a single yellow to Vidal was harsh. Casemiro easily committed 3-4x the amount of punishable offences as Vidal, and was not sent off. THAT's double standards.

They literally could have been up 5 by half time at Bernabeu... I don’t need Uefa or whoever to remember that... As opposed to you, I just don’t see their goals as results of reds but them finally converting their countless prime opportunities... Kroos alone could’ve scored twice before halftime...

I DO acknowledge that there is a CHANCE we might’ve proceeded in that second game, but neither was it certain nor was it deserved at all - it was more than luck an that's actually an understatement...

Martinez got his red for stupidity... Precedent or not, tackling like that when you have a yellow puts Correa to shame... And 3-4 times? Sorry, I'm not even dignifying that with a response as a blind guy living behind the moon can see how biased it is...

Going through against Barca 15 and Atlético 16 would’ve been WAY more deserved as in that tie, and we all know that we didn’t back then either...

Being one down or not, in 210 minutes we were on par for at best 30-35 - we were greatly inferior in the other 180... Thing is: we were down to 10 for maybe 70... What about the other 110 where them firing at Neuer put the siege of Candia to shame?

You can argue about the ref and you would probably find a lot of support... But when you tell someone we deserved anything but elimination, they would laugh in your face... And rightfully so...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 pm

#12 wrote:You can argue about the ref and you would probably find a lot of support... But when you tell someone we deserved anything but elimination, they would laugh in your face... And rightfully so...

Literally everyone I know who spoke to me about the match told me that we deserved to go through, and I hadn't asked for their opinion. I'm talking about fans of other clubs.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:You can argue about the ref and you would probably find a lot of support... But when you tell someone we deserved anything but elimination, they would laugh in your face... And rightfully so...

Literally everyone I know who spoke to me about the match told me that we deserved to go through, and I hadn't asked for their opinion. I'm talking about fans of other clubs.

#metoo
Cría cuervos, y te sacarán los ojos
Hardrade
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Only explanation I have is people love underdogs and hate Penaldo... Judging from a purely neutral and solely performance based assessment there’s no justification at all for such a claim...
As I said, even with 11v11 we had less possession, less opportunities, less shots, less duels won - how does that add up to "deserving to go through"?

We did have the better goalie though...

I know no one who said that - including (and actually to a vast majority!) Bayern fans...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:11 pm

#12 wrote:Only explanation I have is people love underdogs and hate Penaldo... Judging from a purely neutral and solely performance based assessment there’s no justification at all for such a claim...
As I said, even with 11v11 we had less possession, less opportunities, less shots, less duels won - how does that add up to "deserving to go through"?

I know no one who said that - including (and actually to a vast majority!) Bayern fans...

Boy, you can read stats, everyone can. The fact is Bayern played 10 man vs 11 in two games. The defining moment was the 53rd minute in Madrid, when Bayern had the penalty and Real should have been reduced to 10 man, then your stats would tell you a different story. What happened next, though was a criminal event worthy of a thorough investigation.

On a side note stats in football mean bollocks, Chelsea had 0 shots on goal in 2012 and scored 1 goal, and went on to lift the trophy. They don't reward trophies for stats and I don't care what the stats say, it's about winning or losing. And 10 Bayern men lost against 12 men from Madrid. How do your stats translate that? Maybe that's why they had good possesion :lol:
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:17 pm

FCB&Paulaner wrote:
#12 wrote:Only explanation I have is people love underdogs and hate Penaldo... Judging from a purely neutral and solely performance based assessment there’s no justification at all for such a claim...

Boy, you can read stats, everyone can. The fact is Bayern played 10 man vs 11 in two games. The defining moment was the 53rd minute in Madrid, when Bayern had the penalty and Real should have been reduced to 10 man, then your stats would tell you a different story. What happened next, though was a criminal event worthy of a thorough investigation.

On a side note stats in football mean bollocks, Chelsea had 0 shots on goal in 2012 and scored 1 goal, and went on to lift the trophy. They don't reward trophies for stats and I don't care what the stats say, it's about winning or losing. And 10 Bayern men lost against 12 men from Madrid. How do your stats translate that? Maybe that's why they had good possesion :lol:

You are obviously unable to read, so why waste away time to make arguments you won’t value anyway?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB&Paulaner » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:28 pm

#12 wrote:
FCB&Paulaner wrote:

You are obviously unable to read, so why waste away time to make arguments you won’t value anyway?

Because I don't have time to read bullshit and I just wanted to make a point :D
FCB&Paulaner
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League