You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Sevilla FC will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 am

YlonenXabi wrote:When I saw the lineup I was really happy and expected a big win. But after 10 minutes I realized that Heynckes decided to play it safe.
Sevilla needed to score two, so we gave them the ball and sat back waiting for counters. We didn't even press high. Seems like we were not even playing up to our 75%

It was a very boring match to be honest, but can't criticise Heynckes after what happened to Real Madrid and Barcelona.

We are in the semifinals, no dramas tonight, no suspensions. Treble chances are getting higher day by day :D
At times I thought that I was watching a local match

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:08 am

Ed. wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote: so we gave them the ball and sat back waiting for counters

Without Coman, there isn't enough straighline speed in this team to damage top level opponents in counters. May work in the BL day in and day out but won't at the back end in Europe.
Counters are not all about speed in the legs. That's an extremely short-sighted way to look at it. Costa had all the speed in the world and absolutely SUCKED at counters. Why? Because he is dumb as fck. Counters are also about making the right decision quickly enough. Counters are about the right pass to the right player at the right time. You know who our best player at counters is? James. He can't run fast, but he picks the perfect pass to instigate a counter. Even afterwards, when up the pitch, James picks the perfect pass to swtich up the counter and not let the opposition defenders mark the player receiving the ball.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 am

This is exactly what I thought and I agree with Muller..
Can't see tweet? Click here!

Now..what we need is to keep calm..We'll see who we draw and then lets take it from there. We have 3 matches possibly out of those if we win 2 heavily then the middle one doesn't matter. So let's see.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Manchu » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:06 am

I finally watched the game(I was very busy earlier in the day) and I will say that reports of our eminent demise are greatly exaggerated. The first half had a couple shaky moments but on the other hand Sevilla should have definitely been down to nine men at its end(one for the last man foul on Lewandowski, one for coming in with his knee up into Lewandowski's back with no attempt to play the ball). The second half was simply excellent football from us. Casual domination; we had plenty of opportunities while they had none, and it never looked like we worked for it.

Overall, it's pretty evident that Jupp asked the team not play at 100% and that gamble has absolutely paid off. Zero serious injuries, zero suspensions, and a well-rested team for our six games in three weeks.

Edit: And I love how Correa's(well-deserved) red card prevented us from getting a penalty and Banega from getting a red card for his decision to slide through Robben's legs in the box.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:29 am

#12 wrote:MUTU, watch closely: THIS is a shit ref!!

You need to get yourself checked out. I'm serious :)

This is a shit referee, you're right. But when you repeatedly refuse to blame Kassai last season and then blame Collum in this match, something's just not right. Kassai was at very least 7-8 times worse than Collum. One should not even contemplate discussing or comparing them again.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 am

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:Soooo... People on here still so **** entitled? We were unable to score at home against the mighty Sevilla... #topteam

BS me all you want...
Bring the excuses... Ref... They fouled like aholes (they DID), whatever else... With arguably the best team... Truth is that’s embarrassing...

Thing though: we qualified!
If we don’t step up bigtime we'll get murdered in the SF...
Well, Madrid was a minute away from going to extra time against the crappiest Juve in years... And did not because of the referee...

If Juve are so crappy and score three at the Bernabeu - no own goals and no penalties mind you - and we’re so good as everyone here claims, it should be a smooth ride to the cup from this point...

*scratches his eyes* Did I read correctly or are you being sarcastic? :) I'm not sure what to believe :P

I read the minute-by-minute commentary on the Guardian and besides the annoyance of the guy repeatedly talking about the other match and being jealous he wasn't commenting on that match instead, he thrice said that Bayern would be a good opponent for Liverpool :evil: Can't wait for them to be Muellered. In the final.

89 min The most striking thing about this Bayern side is their speed - the lack of it, both with and without the ball. Liverpool’s front three would cause them plenty of problems.

78 min Bayern have controlled the game a lot more in the second half. They still haven’t looked particularly good, though, and there’s not much for Liverpool to fear.

20 min The age of this Bayern side, and the relatively ponderous speed of their play, will interest Liverpool should they play each other in the semi-finals. [source]
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:37 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
#12 wrote:Did we also have to rely on the crossbar?

What a stupid remark. If the goals were smaller, that the shot wouldn't even have hit the crossbar, would you still be pointing this out?

Use brain. Nothing I hate more than people bitching about the woodwork. Why don't we change the rules of the game while we're at it?

#12 wrote:Of course we only didn’t score cause we didn’t want to... Totally forgot... I'm sure Robben was on his ego trips just for the sake of it an CHOSE to mess up EVERY time ;)

Guarantee we would've won comfortably had we needed to.

Yeah imagine how different football would look if the rules were to change such that if one hits the woodwork it counts as not one but two goals :lol:
Imagine seeing players holding their head in their hands after scoring because they almost hit the woodwork on the way in, but didn't so it only counted as one goal.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bbenno » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:57 am

Manchu wrote:I finally watched the game(I was very busy earlier in the day) and I will say that reports of our eminent demise are greatly exaggerated. The first half had a couple shaky moments but on the other hand Sevilla should have definitely been down to nine men at its end(one for the last man foul on Lewandowski, one for coming in with his knee up into Lewandowski's back with no attempt to play the ball). The second half was simply excellent football from us. Casual domination; we had plenty of opportunities while they had none, and it never looked like we worked for it.

Overall, it's pretty evident that Jupp asked the team not play at 100% and that gamble has absolutely paid off. Zero serious injuries, zero suspensions, and a well-rested team for our six games in three weeks.

Edit: And I love how Correa's(well-deserved) red card prevented us from getting a penalty and Banega from getting a red card for his decision to slide through Robben's legs in the box.

What about that tackle from Nzonzi on James around the 75th minute. He could also very well have been sent off there.
Poor refereeing that let Sevilla have a go at us.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby Ed. » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Ed. wrote:

Without Coman, there isn't enough straighline speed in this team to damage top level opponents in counters. May work in the BL day in and day out but won't at the back end in Europe.
Counters are not all about speed in the legs. That's an extremely short-sighted way to look at it. Costa had all the speed in the world and absolutely SUCKED at counters. Why? Because he is dumb as fck. Counters are also about making the right decision quickly enough. Counters are about the right pass to the right player at the right time. You know who our best player at counters is? James. He can't run fast, but he picks the perfect pass to instigate a counter. Even afterwards, when up the pitch, James picks the perfect pass to swtich up the counter and not let the opposition defenders mark the player receiving the ball.

Sure, counters are not all about speed. I would have thought the obvious didn't need stating.
Making the right decision in the first 1-2 passes or dribbles is the most important phase of the counter. If you get it right, acres of space open up for someone, getting it wrong and you could be exposing your own defence if full backs have already started galloping forward in anticipation.

But you can make all the right passes and close quarter dribbles you want, if the players in the counter are not faster than the opposition in some areas of the pitch at least, the defence will get back and the opportunity is lost.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Ed. wrote:

The Coman injury is a bigger blow than any other we have right now, his pace makes him hard to deal with and our attack potent....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Achilles » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Ultimately a boring game.
They played ugly, we qualified ugly, I'll take it!

Rafinha is a Bayern soldier, limited quality but very consistent and a team player. I wouldn't change him for any other bench-player in the world, he saved the day in both of these games and every time he was called upon he performed at very good standards. He puts heart on the grass.

Now we should gear up, LFC & Roma are obviously teams that we can handle if we reach our maximum cuz at this stage every mistake counts.
Real Madrid with the refs as a back up are obviously a team that can lose only in a final. The situation is beyond sick with them...
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lý bảo linh » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:49 pm

although james is a player who is fit with counter but he never give ball aways . If you want say who give balls aways , it must be muller or even the whole team . No one can have rates of accurate passes more than 90 in this march . Even robben has 94,5 rates of accurate passes , he still is not effective . I don't think jupp requires players who give ball always and get counter when clearly our players can't bear press and create accurate passes . Really anyone blames us because we didn't have enough encourage but they must know carrer of football players are short . if players play badly , they are blamed but no one blames players who tried to hurt other people and lose carrer of someone . where is refereeing ? He must die now
Lý bảo linh
Getting the hang of it

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:MUTU, watch closely: THIS is a shit ref!!

You need to get yourself checked out. I'm serious :)

This is a shit referee, you're right. But when you repeatedly refuse to blame Kassai last season and then blame Collum in this match, something's just not right. Kassai was at very least 7-8 times worse than Collum. One should not even contemplate discussing or comparing them again.

Like #12, I'm still of the opinion that we probably go out vs Real Madrid last year, even without Kassai.

But Kassai was utter dogshite, Collum doesn't hold a candle to how diabolical he was last season.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:04 pm

aterford wrote:
Like #12, I'm still of the opinion that we probably go out vs Real Madrid last year, even without Kassai.

No one can prove that, get back your mind before the injustice second yellow card Vidal received... Bayern was winning the game 2-1, tied the series and the second goal gave us an extra and also a pressure to Real Madrid, that we were attacking and more close to score the third goal instead of Real their second.

I can't prove that without that second yellow card for Vidal, we could advance, but playing with 10 kill our momentum and consequently affect our performance for the next 40 minutes.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:14 pm

I read many comments of Bayern fans in twitter and fórums about Bayern didnt play well because the offense.

Sincerely, I share and understand their frustations and of course Bayern have to improve the offense for beat our opponent in semifinal, but looking for a positive thing in our performance yesterday, was that Bayern make Sevilla, looking as a team that didnt need two goals for advance..

Amazing how Bayern defend the advantage as a team, no creating holes as Pep teams did in past years and keeping a clean sheet without making Ulreich the man of the match. Our players were always in the correct positions.

Sevilla cant do something for advance, and that is a good point for Bayern =D>
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League