You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Sevilla FC will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-04-11] Bayern Munich vs Sevilla

Postby prasun77 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:18 pm

MUTU wrote:

Here's the other underdogs:
Juventus 21 to 71 [source]

Roma 21 to 101 [source]

My god this made my day.. :lol: :lol:
The person who pt his money on liverpool yesterday must be a millionaire now..

Regarding that yellow card lineup..
See..no use even talking about Tolisso and Rudy..even if they miss the 1st leg of SF no big deal..
The next question is Sule..
I think we can agree that if he plays beside Hummels then he is very solid and he has done well against good teams and we are playing at home afterall so I will not be uncomfortable with him starting.. Boateng is MUCH more needed against Real/Barca/Salah..

Kimmich is a must and I think he can be careful enough not to get carded..If we are 1-0 up or 0-0 after 60 minutes we can then take him off..

Lewandowski..There's no need to start him..we have enough firepower to score once at home without him and we don't want him to miss SF 1st leg again this year..thats not possible..If we are somehow 1-0 down then bring him on definitely but that shouldn't come to be.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:22 pm

I would play this formation:

Sorry prasun77, I agree with you that if we're winning we can take off Kimmich, but likewise I think we should use the same idea for Lewandowski, after all given their playing positions it's more likely for Kimmich to get yellow carded than Lewandowski if they're both trying to be careful.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:32 pm

I'd consider playing Wagner instead of Lewy if we face RM this season... I don't trust him anymore, sorry.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:35 pm

JANCKER wrote:I'd consider playing Wagner instead of Lewy if we face RM this season... I don't trust him anymore, sorry.

I'm losing some trust in him too, but actually if we face RM I'd never trust him more. If he's really trying to get signed by them, putting in a MOTM performance would certainly help his case. He'd be more motivated than ever!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:38 pm

If he plays shit then relegate him to FCB II for the rest of the contract... :D
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby prasun77 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm

So now we are not trusting a man who is the top scorer in the league ..has scored 35 goals this season..and just 5 days back scored a HATTRICK against bremen?..not bremen..Eintracht?..no no..let me look it up...

Against DORTMUND? :shock: :shock:
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:08 pm

prasun77 wrote:So now we are not trusting a man who is the top scorer in the league ..has scored 35 goals this season..and just 5 days back scored a HATTRICK against bremen?..not bremen..Eintracht?..no no..let me look it up...

If that logic goes then Muller shouldn't have played entirely the last season because leave alone trusting him..I couldn't tolerate him after midseason seeing how hewas playing..

You can't deny that his tendency to sometimes disappear is becoming a more common theme for him though. Most times, he shows up, and makes a show. Other times, he disappears. Case in point last match against Sevilla.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 pm

prasun77 wrote:So now we are not trusting a man who is the top scorer in the league ..has scored 35 goals this season..and just 5 days back scored a HATTRICK against bremen?..not bremen..Eintracht?..no no..let me look it up...

Oh, come on now. I generally trust Lewy but let's be real, Wriedt would've got a hat-trick vs that Dortmund team. Might as well have been playing against training cones.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby prasun77 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:40 pm

MUTU wrote:

You can't deny that his tendency to sometimes disappear is becoming a more common theme for him though. Most times, he shows up, and makes a show. Other times, he disappears. Case in point last match against Sevilla.

I think his tendency to disappear is reducing..In our last 8 matches he has scored 10 goals out of which 2 have been hattricks..and a brace(against Besiktas) in UCL..also against Leipzig he only played 18 minutes..and besiktas return leg where we won 3-1 he played 65 minutes and there was no need for him to score in that match so he didn't..

You do realise that he is the main man who the opposition mark very carefully?..He has still scored 35 goals this season(till now)

Now he has to score in every match to prove himself especially when he has to preserve himself for the more important matches coming up?
You do realise that he has to play a lot and he can't afford to lose steam for our sake? If he stops scoring suddenly this till now "very good" season will become a "shocking" season..He didn't score against berlin and guess what?He didn't score against sevilla and we had to grab 2 own goals..
He is not somebody who scores 5th goal in a 5-0 or last 2 goals in a 6-0..He scores important goals which in turn open the floodgates..

Unbelievable..

Also I am reading things now like Wriedt could have scored hattrick against dortmund..Have you people even seen his goals? the positioning the movement to get there..unparalleled.. Wriedt could have scored hattrick against dortmund..Even if its sarcasm the levels that people underestimate "Robert Lewandowski" is unreal..How many players have scored a hattrick against dortmund this season please enlist here..

He is our best player, our biggest goal threat, and the best striker in the world. Goodness gracious..the hate against him..and if I speak anything against overrated players like Piqe,alba,the other guy who doesnt even warrant me remembering his name,mbappe people defend them like they are bayern players.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:56 pm

Dude, do you want us to leave the thread while you think of him... Alone time?

I mean seriously, like it would work that way, he could score when he needs to and just stop when he doesn’t... Like he could manage his stamina - where Wagner is living proof that he couldn’t ...

Also, we are not here to senselessly idolize... Yes he’s our player and we support him... And yes some of the comments are quite unfair... But MAN that was completely over the top
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:00 pm

#12 wrote:Dude, do you want us to leave the thread while you think of him... Alone time?

I mean seriously, like it would work that way, he could score when he needs to and just stop when he doesn’t... Like he could manage his stamina - where Wagner is living proof that he couldn’t ...

Also, we are not here to senselessly idolize... Yes he’s our player and we support him... And yes some of the comments are quite unfair... But MAN that was completely over the top

I know it was over the top..but that Wriedt comment did it for me..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Obviously it was hyperbole, but I mean really, did you watch the match? Like I said, I like Lewy just fine and he's the best in the world for me, but scoring a hat trick against THAT Dortmund team isn't much of an accomplishment nowadays. No need to get your pants twisted over it...
aterford
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:07 pm

prasun77 wrote:
#12 wrote:Dude, do you want us to leave the thread while you think of him... Alone time?

I know it was over the top..but that Wriedt comment did it for me..

Yes, that irritated me a bit too, and I'm not Lewandowski's biggest fan (though I don't dislike him either)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby rthebest » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:12 am

MUTU wrote:Yes, that irritated me a bit too, and I'm not Lewandowski's biggest fan (though I don't dislike him either)

We all you you are still missing Gomez.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Manchu » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:57 am

I feel like Lewandowski is catching a little too much flak lately because people are still underrating Wagner. Many people still haven't really mentally accepted that Wagner is really, really good, so when he not only demonstrates good team play but also scores nearly as often as Lewandowski, a lot of people go "look, a barely average striker is nearly as good as Lewandowski. Lewandowski must be really underperforming this season/maybe isn't as good as we thought" when really Lewandowski is playing about as well as he always has had and has the same strengths and weaknesses* he always has had.

Whether these weaknesses justify benching Lewandowski in crucial games in order to play a slightly worse but more team orientated striker is another question, of course. I can't help but being reminded of the Mandzukic vs Gomez situation in 2012/13.

*Disappearing in some matches, not working hard defensively, not showing passion.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League