You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-04-05] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
93%
It will end in a draw
No votes
S.L. Benfica will win
7%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2016-04-05] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Postby MoFattal » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:37 am

Well, Pep has always been under fire for not being able to "close" games when leading. I wouldn't be surprised if he is actively adding this aspect of the game to his tactics in preparation for the harder opponents. Against Benfica, he wasn't that "pushy" as he used to be. No theatrics or jumping on the sidelines shouting for the likes of Bernat or Alaba to move forward. He's learning how to preserve a lead. That's why it was deemed to be a job well done as it was probably instructed during the game. Of course, this type of game plan makes reduces our chances of scoring goals, but we actually managed to create several clear-cut chances. We miserably failed with our final touches, though, and that is what kept the game 1-0 till the end.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:16 pm

dambun wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm more concerned about Pep saying we played a very good game.

Yeah... That caught me by surprise... I expected him to say the opposite... Is our squad possibly in such a bad psychological stage that needs this type of patting on the back?!

Have you not learned that Pep's statements are absolutly worthless?
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:28 pm

We're not playing well at the moment, but I just cannot accept that "what are we going to do against bigger opposition"

Hey guys, Real Madrid just lost 2-0 to Wolfsburg. Barcelona fought their asses off against Atletico to get a narrow 2-1 lead. And I've seen Werder Bremen defending better than PSG and City did yesterday

So come on, it's not like there is one team dominating world football at the moment. We are just a few steps away from the treble. We are getting back Robben and Boateng in a few weeks and Martinez is back too. Just stay positive

bastos80 wrote:Have you not learned that Pep's statements are absolutly worthless?

hahahah so true :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:44 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:and Boateng in a few weeks and Martinez is back too

And we only conceded in one out of the last 6 matches.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:52 pm

Actually, I think a 2-1 against Atlético with that kind of dominance and superiority - and wayyy more opportunities - Barca had is quite good...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:51 pm

MoFattal wrote:Well, Pep has always been under fire for not being able to "close" games when leading. I wouldn't be surprised if he is actively adding this aspect of the game to his tactics in preparation for the harder opponents. Against Benfica, he wasn't that "pushy" as he used to be. No theatrics or jumping on the sidelines shouting for the likes of Bernat or Alaba to move forward. He's learning how to preserve a lead. That's why it was deemed to be a job well done as it was probably instructed during the game. Of course, this type of game plan makes reduces our chances of scoring goals, but we actually managed to create several clear-cut chances. We miserably failed with our final touches, though, and that is what kept the game 1-0 till the end.

That's exactly the thing... we were not really "protecting" the lead... Yes, we were unlucky not to score more, but we were also very lucky not to concede a goal or two... Problem is that we had no control over the flow of the game... And this "control" is even more important when you have only some makeshift CBs.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:56 pm

bastos80 wrote:Have you not learned that Pep's statements are absolutly worthless?

:lol: :lol:
In fact I think the opposite is true... He is a coach who tries to utilize every element to improve his team, including these types of statement...
His statements may not have a high correlation with reality, but to say that they are meaningless, I can't agree with that
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Iran

Postby vigneshFCB » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:03 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:We're not playing well at the moment, but I just cannot accept that "what are we going to do against bigger opposition"

Hey guys, Real Madrid just lost 2-0 to Wolfsburg. Barcelona fought their asses off against Atletico to get a narrow 2-1 lead. And I've seen Werder Bremen defending better than PSG and City did yesterday

So come on, it's not like there is one team dominating world football at the moment. We are just a few steps away from the treble. We are getting back Robben and Boateng in a few weeks and Martinez is back too. Just stay positive

There is one team, and that is Barcelona. 2 or 3 bad matches do not change that.
vigneshFCB
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby bastos80 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:04 pm

#12 wrote:Actually, I think a 2-1 against Atlético with that kind of dominance and superiority - and wayyy more opportunities - Barca had is quite good...

They needed 12 vs 10 though.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:33 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:Actually, I think a 2-1 against Atlético with that kind of dominance and superiority - and wayyy more opportunities - Barca had is quite good...

They needed 12 vs 10 though.

And their result is worse than ours, even if the performance was better.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:48 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:And their result is worse than ours, even if the performance was better.

Granted... But their opposition was wayy stronger ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:23 am

#12 wrote:Granted... But their opposition was wayy stronger

True... that only makes it harder for them to be better again in the second leg. ;) A one goal home lead against Atletico is less forgiving than against Benfica, if you ask me.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:32 am

#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:And their result is worse than ours, even if the performance was better.

On paper, yes. In reality, Benfica has been having a very good season domestically and in Europe. They have a good coach and are tactically disciplined. Real Madrid are "wayy stronger" than wolfsburg, but we all know how the latter kicked them off their high horse. Atletico have failed to impress in most of their games in the CL this season. I wouldn't have bet on them if they were the ones drawn against Benfica.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby bastos80 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:55 am

MoFattal wrote:
#12 wrote:

On paper, yes. In reality, Benfica has been having a very good season domestically and in Europe. They have a good coach and are tactically disciplined. Real Madrid are "wayy stronger" than wolfsburg, but we all know how the latter kicked them off their high horse. Atletico have failed to impress in most of their games in the CL this season. I wouldn't have bet on them if they were the ones drawn against Benfica.

They actually lost against them in the group stage.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:36 pm

Well, I don't want to argue and I partly agree - so long as we make it on Wednesday... Just another thing... Few teams in Europe know Barca as well as Atlético do... Same problem we had with Dortmund in 12013 ;)

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League