You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-04-05] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
93%
It will end in a draw
No votes
S.L. Benfica will win
7%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2016-04-05] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Postby JANCKER » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

IMO it has got to do more than with complacency. One pivot or double pivot... maybe is the question now. Every time it gets tough our midfield disappears.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby zozon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:41 pm

lau03143 wrote:It seems a Bayern trait to let complacency seep into our play at this stage of the season.

You cant get complacent when you face Barca or Real.
Those 4 games defined the season in the CL for Bayern, not matches before which we can tag as a complacent performance.

They were our semifinal opponents the last 2 years and both ended being the champions.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Exactly. We were outplayed, partly for reasons beyond our control.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:58 pm

I'll say it again... for some of our players it was like if they were playing the annual August match vs the Paulaner XI
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:52 pm

I'm not sure it's complacency... Because we'Re way behind where we were a year ago... We stll have to be VERY careful in Bundesliga... (It's also the third time in a row our ückrunde is more or leass completely missing panache... Before it was usually the better half of our season...)
Another thing I noticed (actually, every time I see a game in the AA...): we - again - were completely unable to cause havoc from corners... I mean, close ties, close games are often decided by "Standardsituationen" (I think the word is set-pieces, right?!) - yet Guardiola seems to make NO effort at all to improve our abysmal record in that field... Anyone remember Germany in the World Cup?
Heading in one would've made a good 2-0... And I'm pretty confident we have one or two players in this team that are capable of kicking good corners into the box... Yet we still barely manage to get one in that's only remotely dangerous, and we still just kick most of them back to Bernat or Lahm... Not good...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby dstroe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

I agree that the lack of intensity is disheartening. It seems to me to be more of a problem of playing with a lack of passion. Our best games come when we press our opponents into oblivion. When I saw the first half of the game against Juve I looked at our team and thought that we could beat anyone if we play with this level of intensity. Every time a Juve player would receive the ball, they would be pressed into olbivion and we would win the ball back. And when we won the ball back we were relentless in our pursuit to go forward and try to create danger. It seems to me that lately we just haven't played with the same amount of intensity, passion, and motivation. Tactics can only explain so much. A lot of us myself included thought that the close title race this year is a blessing in disguise. I thought Dortmund The last two seasons around this team it seems like the players just lose the intensity that is required to effectively run Pep's tactics. Once we won the title the players just stopped caring about playing with intensity and we lost games to even relegation teams. And this is a problem If the players aren't motivated to press relentlessly and win the ball in the midfield and go forward then we will not be effective. A lot of us myself included thought that the close title race this year is a blessing in disguise. I thought Dortmund being right on our heels would help us stay sharp and focused for the most important part of the season. It seems with the last few results however that the players are more than content to just get one goal and then just try to hold the result instead of really going after the game. In 2012-2013 when we won the treble I remember us playing with intensity even after we had wrapped up the title. I remember us beating teams in the Bundesliga 4,5,6-0 leading up to the champions league games with Barcelona. If we are unable to get form back and start treating every opponent with respect and intensity I don't think we will have much of a chance against Madrid or Barcelona. Every year I tell myself that the team is just playing bad because they are playing to the level of the opposition and that we will do better when we come up against Madrid or Barcelona I end up very disappointed. This is why I have little faith of getting good results in semis of the CL without doing well in the Bundesliga as well. Winning the CL is about peaking at the right time and it seems under Pep we always peak in the first half of the season. Its very disheartening because I truly believe if we put in performances like the one away at Roma in the first half of last season than we can easily beat any team in the world Barcelona included. It will be incredibly important for us to find form and start respecting every opponent. If I continue to see our team play with a lack of intensity and focus I expect we will get knocked out of the champions league. The last two seasons I really did think we had a chance with our lackluster results against lesser opposition but I left very dissapointed. Yes the injuries last year were a huge component but I still don't see the same intensity in our players that we had in the first half of the season. If we start beating teams in the bundesliga with 3,4,5 goals scored I am confident we will match up very well against any team in the next round of the CL assuming we go through to the next round.
dstroe
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby godsider88 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Thank God either Jonas and Mitroglou plus Jimenez playing with off form... if not there would be much worse case would happen for Bayern then

We got 16 shoot chances yet only 5 were shoot on goals... need serius focus to play better in the 2nd leg especially since Bayern have to playing away, no complacency and underestimated Benfica especially since they are the best club in Portugal both in history and currently too
godsider88
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:39 pm

#12 wrote:I'm not sure it's complacency... Because we'Re way behind where we were a year ago... We stll have to be VERY careful in Bundesliga... (It's also the third time in a row our ückrunde is more or leass completely missing panache... Before it was usually the better half of our season...)
Another thing I noticed (actually, every time I see a game in the AA...): we - again - were completely unable to cause havoc from corners... I mean, close ties, close games are often decided by "Standardsituationen" (I think the word is set-pieces, right?!) - yet Guardiola seems to make NO effort at all to improve our abysmal record in that field... Anyone remember Germany in the World Cup?
Heading in one would've made a good 2-0... And I'm pretty confident we have one or two players in this team that are capable of kicking good corners into the box... Yet we still barely manage to get one in that's only remotely dangerous, and we still just kick most of them back to Bernat or Lahm... Not good...

Most of our corners yesterday were short corners. I think we were more concerned with keeping a clean sheet than scoring a second.

When Martinez and/or Benatia return to the starting lineup, we'll hopefully become more dangerous from set pieces.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:43 pm

Maybe arrogance as well - just watched the video posted by Alaba after the match celebrating in the regeneration pool with Vidal as if it were some groundbreaking achievement while most of us were wasting time here trying to understand what we saw. At least Vidal can be justified in some restrained celebration but I think to much Snapchat fried the boy's brain.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:44 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:but I think to much Snapchat fried the boy's brain.

:lol:
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:18 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Most of our corners yesterday were short corners. I think we were more concerned with keeping a clean sheet than scoring a second.

Hope this attitude is not gonna cost us...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:37 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Maybe arrogance as well - just watched the video posted by Alaba after the match celebrating in the regeneration pool with Vidal as if it were some groundbreaking achievement while most of us were wasting time here trying to understand what we saw. At least Vidal can be justified in some restrained celebration but I think to much Snapchat fried the boy's brain.

I'm more concerned about Pep saying we played a very good game. :|
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
#12 wrote:I'm not sure it's complacency... Because we'Re way behind where we were a year ago... We stll have to be VERY careful in Bundesliga... (It's also the third time in a row our ückrunde is more or leass completely missing panache... Before it was usually the better half of our season...)

Most of our corners yesterday were short corners. I think we were more concerned with keeping a clean sheet than scoring a second.

When Martinez and/or Benatia return to the starting lineup, we'll hopefully become more dangerous from set pieces.

Hmm. True. Since half our corners result in counter attacks for the opposition. :lol:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:38 am

Just watched the highlights again.

Lewa - WTF were you thinking??? That "pass" to Lahm was awful, that was supposed to be HIS goal1000%. Those kind of chances - Barcelona scores in each and every one of them.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:51 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I'm more concerned about Pep saying we played a very good game.

Yeah... That caught me by surprise... I expected him to say the opposite... Is our squad possibly in such a bad psychological stage that needs this type of patting on the back?!
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League