You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2016-04-05] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
93%
It will end in a draw
No votes
S.L. Benfica will win
7%

Total votes : 28

Re: [2016-04-05] Bayern Munich vs S.L. Benfica

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:43 pm

zozon wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Hopefully we can play like this:

------------ Lewy ------------------
Ribéry ---------- Müller ------ Costa
---------- Thiago -- Vidal ------------
Alaba - Martínez - Kimmich - Lahm
---------------- Neuer -----------------

I'd bet on Guardiola rather trusting Kimmich than Benatia.
Ulreich - Benatia, Rafinha, Bernat, Coman, Götze, Robben

Why do you keep Costa as a right winger? After the juve match it's VERY clear that he is lost there, absolutely lost. 1000% worse than central or left wing! Costa as a RW is a ghost.

Not really.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:47 pm

So what he displayed against Juve as a RW? Our game totally changed when Coman was introduced and put to RW, Costa went as a #10.
Hell, what he displayed as a RW in his Bayern career?

"Not really" is not really an answer.
Last edited by zozon on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Costa was our best playmaker for the most part of the game against Juve.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:53 pm

zozon wrote:So what he displayed against Juve as a RW? Our game totally changed when Coman was introduced and put to RW, Costa went as a #10.

"Not really" is not really an answer.

Easy.

Fantastic through ball to Vidal, chip to Müller for our only chance till the 70.
In a game where nothing went our way, he was responsible for all dangerous attacks. Even as a right winger.

Hell, what he displayed as a RW in his Bayern career?

Forgot that great run to assist Lewy for his game winner against Hoffenheim?
His goal and classy assist against HSV?
All that came from the right wing.
Had enough "useless" games on the left wing and in the center.
He was even more "useless" against Juventus on the left wing, by the way. He did a great job saving that Robben cross and assist Müller, but that hardly had to do with his positon.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:19 pm

bastos80 wrote:Forgot that great run to assist Lewy for his game winner against Hoffenheim?
He was even more "useless" against Juventus on the left wing, by the way. He did a great job saving that Robben cross and assist Müller, but that hardly had to do with his positon.

Nowhere near good enough arguments for Costa as a good RW.
Just look at Coman's statistics and then we can talk. He even scored the most crucial goal (even more than Thiago's) against Juve and against Buffon with his WEAKER left foot, playing as a RW. And I don't even wanna talk about the crosses. Right wing crosses are almost none when Costa plays RW.
Just LOOK at Coman's cross for Muller's goal. ABSOLUTELY world class right winger stuff.

Coman is displaying Ballon d'or qualitites for some games now and yet you are still putting Costa as a RW.

Let's end it this way - no matter his age or maturity, Coman is at least 5 levels better RW than Costa. Simple as that. And I cant even imagine if he keeps improving (dribbling skills mostly, his fake move and right sprint is pretty obvious) what he can achieve.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby Valkress » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:48 pm

zozon wrote:Let's end it this way - no matter his age or maturity, Coman is at least 5 levels better RW than Costa. Simple as that. And I cant even imagine if he keeps improving (dribbling skills mostly, his fake move and right sprint is pretty obvious) what he can achieve.

Coman is a huge talent, no doubt. But honestly, I feel he is greatly benefitting from the fact that he is/was relatively unknown to defenders, just like Costa is less effective in this semester than in the first due to defenders focusing more on him, I expect Coman's impact to decrease when he starts playing more regularly.

To return to the match, what I'm the most glad about, even more than drawing Benfica, is the first leg at home. In 2012-2013 (and 2011-2012 even though I'd rather not think of it), playing the first leg at home has always been a confidence boost for Bayern, who tends to finish the tie in that case.

It was already true under Heynckes but now, with Guardiola conservative approach away from home, I think it can be a game changer if tied against a big opponent.

Actually, I think it's the first time in Guardiola's tenure that Bayern plays the first leg at home (except round of 16, obviously) and I am pretty sure that Bayern's fate would have been different if it had happened in the 2 previous seasons !
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:55 pm

zozon wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Forgot that great run to assist Lewy for his game winner against Hoffenheim?

Nowhere near good enough arguments for Costa as a good RW.
Just look at Coman's statistics and then we can talk. He even scored the most crucial goal (even more than Thiago's) against Juve and against Buffon with his WEAKER left foot, playing as a RW. And I don't even wanna talk about the crosses. Right wing crosses are almost none when Costa plays RW.
Just LOOK at Coman's cross for Muller's goal. ABSOLUTELY world class right winger stuff.

Coman is displaying Ballon d'or qualitites for some games now and yet you are still putting Costa as a RW.

Let's end it this way - no matter his age or maturity, Coman is at least 5 levels better RW than Costa. Simple as that. And I cant even imagine if he keeps improving (dribbling skills mostly, his fake move and right sprint is pretty obvious) what he can achieve.

Play Coman then, couldn't care less :)
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Valkress wrote:
zozon wrote:Let's end it this way - no matter his age or maturity, Coman is at least 5 levels better RW than Costa. Simple as that. And I cant even imagine if he keeps improving (dribbling skills mostly, his fake move and right sprint is pretty obvious) what he can achieve.

Coman is a huge talent, no doubt. But honestly, I feel he is greatly benefitting from the fact that he is/was relatively unknown to defenders, just like Costa is less effective in this semester than in the first due to defenders focusing more on him, I expect Coman's impact to decrease when he starts playing more regularly.

To return to the match, what I'm the most glad about, even more than drawing Benfica, is the first leg at home. In 2012-2013 (and 2011-2012 even though I'd rather not think of it), playing the first leg at home has always been a confidence boost for Bayern, who tends to finish the tie in that case.

It was already true under Heynckes but now, with Guardiola conservative approach away from home, I think it can be a game changer if tied against a big opponent.

Actually, I think it's the first time in Guardiola's tenure that Bayern plays the first leg at home (except round of 16, obviously) and I am pretty sure that Bayern's fate would have been different if it had happened in the 2 previous seasons !

Уеаh, because Juve had not clue of all of Bayern's players and above all the same player that was with them last season???
All teams know Robben and did they stopped him doing what he does? Just no.
Failed argument.
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:06 pm

ottackon wrote:Costa was our best playmaker for the most part of the game against Juve.

I think you and zozon are both right. Costa did play well vs Juve, but it's also true that Costa as RW is not as good as he is on the left.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Valkress » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:06 pm

So, you don't think the fading away of Costa this semester is at least partly due to the defenders paying more attention to him ? :shock: :?

And you don't think that Coman's huge impact during Juve's game is not partly due to them focussing on the other attacking players (only partly though, the mains reasons for me are his freshness, motivation against former club and, obviously, talent itself).

And your argument about Robben : I fully agree. That's why Robben is a better player than they are (for now at least).
Valkress
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Belgium

Postby bastos80 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ottackon wrote:Costa was our best playmaker for the most part of the game against Juve.

I think you and zozon are both right. Costa did play well vs Juve, but it's also true that Costa as RW is not as good as he is on the left.

That's your opinion.
On the left he's a one trick pony, his right foot is not good enough to cut in and be a threat.
Hoewever, on the left side he can cut in, either shoot or deliver a sharp pass or Kroos, or he can penetrate from the outside, cross it (like against Hoffenheim for example), or give it to a overlapping player (did it a lot in the Hinrunde with Lahm). His right foot is good enough to cross.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:07 pm

Ppl do remember his assist came from the right side?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Must win tie!

Actually, we should take a comfortable lead (meaning AT LEAST 2-0) to Lisbon, so we won't get in trouble there...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Great draw for Bayern and you have no choice but to quality to semis. Hoping for some Lewandowski goals, let him make polish football history. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Lukas » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:10 am

#12 wrote:Must win tie!

Actually, we should take a comfortable lead (meaning AT LEAST 2-0) to Lisbon, so we won't get in trouble there...

I'd say a CL quarter final is the very definition of a "must win" tie :P
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League