You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-03-07] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

Who do you think will progress to the Champions League quarterfinals?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:33 am

Bayern Munich
94%
Real Madrid
6%

Total votes : 17

[2007-03-07] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:33 am

Two great clubs, a bitter rivalry, a neutral first leg result. There's more than a week left to this match, but I already feel the tension. One of these powerhouses will go out of the Allianz Arena with their heads hanging down. Who will it be?

The teams are not in ideal form. Bayern have gained some lost confidence with a 2-1 win against Wolfsburg, but you can't really blame them on Saturday against Hertha Berlin for not being completely concentrated on the match, knowing they will play Real Madrid just four days later.

In the first leg, Real Madrid won 3-2 at the Bernabeu. Bayern definitely need to win to progress. A 1-0 or 2-1 would be enough to take us through to the quarter finals due to the away goals rule. A 3-2 win for Bayern would force extra time. However, if Real manage to score 3 goals, Bayern would need to score 5 goals.

At the moment, my prediction is not so clear. I am undecided between 1-0 for Bayern (Bayern would progress) or a 1-1 (Real would progress).
Last edited by MUTU on Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:37 am

Does anyone have news on Real Madrid's protest on Van Bommel's gestures? Has UEFA yet decided on whether to suspend the player or not?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:57 am

2-0 for Bayern would be nice :lol:

Lets just hope VanBommel doesnt get suspended, and everything will turn out great 8)
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:51 pm

I actually don't think we'll need van bommel... we only need a 1-0 playing a midfield of demichelis, hargreaves, schweini and Brazzo should be fine... then if we get the goal drop micho to centre back and defend defend defend!

I'm predicting a Bayern win either 1-0 or 2-1!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:17 pm

ummm...I´m hoping for Bayern win.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:38 pm

Real Madrid drew 1-1 against Atletico Madrid :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:59 pm

We'll definitely score 2 early goals...I just hope we don't concede any,...
I think we'll make it...:)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:05 pm

Real are sure to score IMO. Unfortunately.
I think Bayern can edge it, 2-1. Hitzfeld has to get them revved up just right. I think we'll need Van Bommel in this match. I don't think Uefa will suspend him. If they do they're stupid.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:05 pm

Mirage wrote:Real are sure to score IMO. Unfortunately.
I think Bayern can edge it, 2-1. Hitzfeld has to get them revved up just right. I think we'll need Van Bommel in this match. I don't think Uefa will suspend him. If they do they're stupid.

I think he would deserve the ban, but I hope he won´t get it.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:10 pm

Image vs Image
my prediction: 1-0 for bayern [makaay scores]
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:07 am

So far, everyone’s voted for a Bayern win. Love the optimism! If Hitzfeld can work the same magic for this match as in the 2nd half of the Real match, we got a shot.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:58 pm

podolski4life wrote:So far, everyone’s voted for a Bayern win. Love the optimism! If Hitzfeld can work the same magic for this match as in the 2nd half of the Real match, we got a shot.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have a bad feeling about this match. I think it will end in a 1-1 draw. They will score an early goal and we'll score a late goal.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:29 pm

Real Madrid CF defender Miguel Torres cannot wait for next week's trip to Germany after sampling only his second taste of UEFA Champions League action in the thrilling 3-2 first-leg defeat of FC Bayern München.

Breakthrough year
This has been a memorable season for Torres who, having been at the club since the age of 12, has edged his way into the first-team reckoning with the help of injuries to Fabio Cannavaro, Cicinho and Míchel Salgado. A versatile defender who can play anywhere across the back line, the 21-year-old made his first-team debut against FC Dinamo Kyiv on Matchday 6 before he had even made a Primera División appearance.

League debut
His first league outing soon followed against Real Zaragoza last month and since then Torres has made a further six league appearances, appeared for Spain's Under-21s and lined up against Bayern. "I can't put into words what it felt like to play in the UEFA Champions League game," Torres told uefa.com. "Some of my team-mates have already told me what the game against Bayern in Germany will be like, but I've only played a few matches in the first team so I'm just taking it step by step, game by game. The coach and all the backroom staff have given me a great opportunity and I'm really grateful for it."

Finely-poised
An entertaining first leg at the Santiago Bernebéu saw Fabio Capello's side take a 3-1 half-time lead thanks to two goals from Raúl González and a Ruud van Nistelrooy strike. Mark van Bommel added to Lucio's earlier effort just before the final whistle to leave the contest between to of Europe's most successful sides finely poised. "We did a great job," said Torres of that match. "Bayern's second goal hurt us but on the whole the game gave us confidence. We know that we are capable of playing well and now we can't wait for the second leg, because we're convinced we'll get a good result in Munich."

Mixed emotions
Torres was understandably irked by the two goals Madrid conceded at home but believes that it will only serve to improve focus ahead of the return leg. He said: "Our feelings about the result are mixed - we're happy with the way we played but the second Bayern goal was hard to take. Still, it'll help us go to Germany in a more determined frame of mind." Spoken like a true veteran - of two UEFA Champions League matches.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tracylynn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:57 am

I'm going to wait until this weekend to make my prediction on this game. Also, hopefully by then UEFA would have a decision on MvB's situation. It would be highly unfair for Bayern if UEFA waits until the last minute to decide his fate. Pray that they don't ban him for that game. [-o<
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby black_falcon1990 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Well the wait is over!!! coz they have decided abt MVB, and the decision was:
............................................................................................................
............................................................................................................

TO LET VAN BOMMEL PLAY IN THE AWAY MATCH AGAINST real
and to pay a fine abt 7000 euros -lol- and to do some community service...
Congrats :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bayern are going to win this 4 sure :twisted:
black_falcon1990
Hey, I'm new here!

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League