You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-04-12] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will win
83%
It will end in a draw
6%
Real Madrid will win
10%

Total votes : 48

Re: [2017-04-12] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:17 am

Argeta wrote:We will qualify 100% if we have Hummels and Lewy fit.

Glad to see at least one other person here still has confidence in their team.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ziklitschli » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:26 am

We might if we go for

HALB
Thiago Vidal
Robben Müller Ribery
Lewandowski

No Thiago on 10, no Alonso and for the love of god, no kicking Müller when he's down by not fielding him. He's crucial for Lewy to have any space out there and Thiago won't provide that, not to mention Real might underestimate Müller after yesterday.

Still, expecting Lewy to score a lot in an away game vs Real having an advantage is unhealthy optimism. Alianz match was a place to do that.
Last edited by Ziklitschli on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ziklitschli
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

Postby Manchu » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:41 am

sherpthederp wrote:

If we play Lewandowski
Ribery Muller Robben
Thiago Vidal
Alaba Hummels Boateng Lahm
Neuer
and attack like crazy, then we can absolutely do it. Our interest is to create a high scoring match where we have at least a 1 goal advantage. 3-2, 4-3, and 5-4 will all see us through, and even 2-1 will work to our advantage, as Neuer is a better keeper in a shootout than Navas. Playing Xabi Alonso is not in our interest in any shape or form, and I hope that Ancelotti sees it that way.

Real Madrid are going to turtle and try to counter-attack; perhaps they fancy that they have already made it through like PSG did. If we're lucky, they park the bus and don't press Hummels and Boateng; the results of leaving playmaking centerbacks in acres of space are well known among some of our recent opponents in the Bundesliga.

Also, could we rehire Jupp Heynckes for a few days to give a pep-talk to the team/provide tactical advice. That man had insanely good away results, and we need that more than ever now.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Anon P » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:58 am

Manchu wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:

If we play Lewandowski
Ribery Muller Robben
Thiago Vidal
Alaba Hummels Boateng Lahm
Neuer
and attack like crazy, then we can absolutely do it. Our interest is to create a high scoring match where we have at least a 1 goal advantage. 3-2, 4-3, and 5-4 will all see us through, and even 2-1 will work to our advantage, as Neuer is a better keeper in a shootout than Navas. Playing Xabi Alonso is not in our interest in any shape or form, and I hope that Ancelotti sees it that way.

Real Madrid are going to turtle and try to counter-attack; perhaps they fancy that they have already made it through like PSG did. If we're lucky, they park the bus and don't press Hummels and Boateng; the results of leaving playmaking centerbacks in acres of space are well known among some of our recent opponents in the Bundesliga.

Also, could we rehire Jupp Heynckes for a few days to give a pep-talk to the team/provide tactical advice. That man had insanely good away results, and we need that more than ever now.

It doesn't matter if Neuer is better than Navas when it comes to PK if our PK takers are crappy (remember vs BVB in 2015?).

This is not a Bundesliga match; comparing Boateng and Hummel's performances to those matches skews the context big time.

Even if Hummels makes it back in time, there is no guarantee he'll be 100% match ready.
Anon P
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby Burko » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:01 am

We, ladies and gentlemen, saw yesterday magnificent tragedy in two halfs :cry:
Second half was hopeless.
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby guday » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:26 am

"Martinez-madness-does-not-mask-bayerns-decline"

(Reuters) - Javi Martinez will take much of the blame for Bayern Munich's 2-1 Champions League quarter-final first leg defeat by Real Madrid on Wednesday after his red card, but it does not hide the hosts' need for a major overhaul.

After dominating the first half, Arturo Vidal's missed penalty and a Cristiano Ronaldo equaliser let the visitors back into the match before Martinez's red gave the Spanish side the initiative.

"Small details have decided the game," Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti said. "We missed the penalty, conceded at the start of the second half.

"We had the game under control, but there was a lack of efficiency," he added. "Being a man short made it harder."

Goalkeeper Manuel Neuer experienced the worst of being a man down.

"We didn't have much of the ball, the security was missing," said Neuer. "In the end, they could have scored even more."

While Martinez's dismissal opened the contest up, it cannot mask the reality that Bayern are past their prime and the veterans of the 2013 Champions League victory ultimately found themselves outthought, outplayed and outran.

At 33 and 34 respectively, Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery lack the zip and stamina of their youth, while 35-year-old Xabi Alonso and 33-year-old captain Philipp Lahm are coming towards the end of their Bayern careers.

Without injured top scorer Robert Lewandowski, the German side have also been unable to impose themselves in Europe as they once did.

Pep Guardiola may have sustained Bayern's domestic dominance during his three-year tenure but for all his modification of their squad and style, he was unable to guide Jupp Heynckes' European champions back to the final.

Ancelotti has kept faith with Guardiola's side -- the nucleus of which won the title under Heynckes in 2013 -- but Bayern's second-half capitulation demonstrates that a wholesale overhaul of the squad is needed if they are to win a sixth European crown.
guday
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:31 am

I disagree. We need an overhaul because if we don't do it we're going back to mediocrity very soon. But at this point in time the team IS good enough. The dismissal was too significant but it was not the only thing either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 am

Outis wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Outis wrote:Pre-game situation reminded me the situation of Germany in the Euro2016 Semifinal with France: no Hummels and no CF, with Muller having to replace him (Germany had it worse since also Khedira, I think, was suspended too)... I hoped a different result but it ended similar...
But all is not lost. It's not over until it's over!
Plus in the next game Lewa will be playing most likely (he will drastically change the game, and use most moments that Muller couldn't), same I hope for Hummels.

P.S. What annoys me is that BVB again 'disabled' Lewa, like it was two years ago, when after a game with BVB he had a broken nose and had to play in a mask against Barca...
But still I hope BVB can turn around the tie too and progress. It's good for German football after all.

exactly , I was not sure if it was them who forced him play with the mask...

I can't understand this love affair that most (foreign bayern fans) have with our bitter rivals!!!! I experience this at our local fan club...

WTF cares of what BVB do...

Remember this dear FCB fans EVERYONE HATES BAYERN MUNCHEN ...

If everyone hates Bayern (mostly because of jealousy) I have to sink to their level? I can't be a bigger man?
Besides, I was talking about EUROPE, in Europe I support ALL German clubs (unless they play Bayern, like in 2013). In Bundesliga I enjoy when BVB loses. And I hope every time Bayern meets BVB they beat them 4-0 or 5-0, so BVB knows they are nr. 2

For me the rivalry is in BuLi, or in 'direct contact', if I can say it that way. I cheer for Bayern in Germany, and for Germany outside Germany (with a priority for Bayern). I'm sorry if that makes me not a real FCB fan in your eyes...

I used to do exactly like you (I still do only when they play the teams I hate like Milan Real Juve and Man U) but after what all German clubs did to us in 2012 I changed my attitude

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:44 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I disagree. We need an overhaul because if we don't do it we're going back to mediocrity very soon. But at this point in time the team IS good enough. The dismissal was too significant but it was not the only thing either

Average in Europe, however, I cant see Bayern ever being average in Germany unless the other German teams actually start spending money.

Said it so many times, bundesliga is no competition for bayern.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:48 am

That's why CL is so difficult to win and no team has won it twice in a row, while you have many teams winning back to back domestic titles every now and then

I think Ancelotti did overall a good job and we were supposed to win this game. But in a knockout round many things can go wrong and small details change the outcome of the competition. 1-0 and a penalty up seemed to be like the best scenario for this game.

Missing Hummels was not the worst thing. Every club has injured players, even Real Madrid did. But Lewandowski was a huge blow for this team. I mean... we've been wondering so many times how potentially catastrophic would a Lewy injury be, but because it has never happened we were ok with that. Now it has happened in the worst moment.

------

Anyways, I do think we will have a chance. They are favourites now, but if we get Lewy back we will have a chance.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:49 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I disagree. We need an overhaul because if we don't do it we're going back to mediocrity very soon. But at this point in time the team IS good enough. The dismissal was too significant but it was not the only thing either

Average in Europe, however, I cant see Bayern ever being average in Germany unless the other German teams actually start spending money.

Said it so many times, bundesliga is no competition for bayern.

That's part of the problem but at some point we'll stop winning it.. just not for long. By mediocrity I meant the 2000s and we won plenty of German titles in those years

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:50 am

sherpthederp wrote:

I said it yest...but how can they be fit with no training?

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Argeta » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:52 am

ramsej84 wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:

I said it yest...but how can they be fit with no training?

Lewy has been training, Hummels on the other hand will be thrown in with the risk of making his injury worse, but it will be worth it.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kod2600 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 am

I swear to god I **** live for moments like qualifying after this nightmare. I have faith. We are Bayern Munich. **** your pessimism.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby dras_l » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 am

Muller as CF doesn't work, personally think Koman would be much better option. Yesterday we saw two faces of Bayern and it was nightmare to watch second half. For return match we'll have to play perfect match, Real has advantage from Munich, home ground and great confident since they beat us "easily" in Munich. How we should play - Robben and Ribery doesn't have strength to play full high intensity match. Would be much better to start with Costa/Robben and sub one of them at 60th minute with Ribery. I think there is great chance we'll play extra time and we need prepare team for it. Beat odds are for sure on Real side, but as Bayern fun yesterday I saw in first half team that can easily beat any team on world, hope this team will be back at Santiago Bernabeu.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League