You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-04-29] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Discussions on the UEFA Champions League matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Bayern Munich will go through after 90 minutes
62%
Bayern Munich will go through after extra time
10%
Bayern Munich will go through after penalties
5%
Real Madrid will go through after penalties
2%
Real Madrid will go through after extra time
No votes
Real Madrid will go through on away goals rule after 90 minutes
12%
Real Madrid will go through on aggregate after 90 minutes
9%

Total votes : 58

Re: [2014-04-29] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:38 am

I am disappointed obviously. It really is a curse to win back to back champions league and I think it was a double curse winning the Bundesliga so early this year. I agree with the people that we can't simply blame our CB's as the same CB's had one of the best defensive records in Europe and BL last year under Jupp. Its the system. I won't be too pessimistic about Pep's philosophy because we know if teams attack us we eat them alive (City). Its the problem against defensive teams / counter-attacking teams but unfortunately because of our reputation all the top teams will do that to us.

I see in the future the necessity of having both Thiago and Lewandowski in the lineup to make our attack more unpredictable and efficient. Lewandowskis ability to win aerial duels and hold of the ball as well as distribute will help us in the final 3rd and Thiago's inventiveness will help us create more threat in the box against park the bus teams. The problem becomes in trying to incorporate both Thiago and Kroos.

I see Martinez as a MUST for our destroyer in midfield. This is one thing I have the biggest issues with Pep, he needs to start Martinez in midfield he just needs to. He should see the fact that he wins nearly all his aerial duels in the midfield and wins the ball back better than all our midfielders. So Thiago + Martinez which means the last spot will be under contention between Kroos and Schweinsteiger.

With Badstuber and a CB Signing (like Benatia) we will be really set for next season, much better than this season.

Tactically though Pep needs to understand how to improve our set pieces both on offense and defense. With our possession game we win a lot of set pieces and we need to convert those at the same time we need to do away with this zonal marking for man marking or just fix our zonal marking similar to Jupp.

I think we can win the CL next season but we need to do the following.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Well spoken Aequitas.

And the point about corners. I think the chance of us scoring from a corner nowadays is far less than a comet hitting Earth. :(
I know that someday one will hit it's target. You guessed it right - the comet will hit early. :P :oops:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Aequitas1987 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:12 pm

What about this? We take short corners like Barcelona does but make Kroos / Thiago the one we are passing to as they can then do the best final pass. Instead of doing drilled set pieces based on aerial crosses we do drilled set pieces based on short corners / ground balls and off the ball 1-2 passing.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:25 pm

AdepT wrote:Well spoken Aequitas.

And the point about corners. I think the chance of us scoring from a corner nowadays is far less than a comet hitting Earth. :(
I know that someday one will hit it's target. You guessed it right - the comet will hit early. :P :oops:

Didn't you receive the notice? There was one record left to break, that of number of consecutive corners taken without scoring.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

[2014-04-29] Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:53 pm

This match will kill my vibe for weeks, Bayern were completely bamboozled vs R.Madrid at home who played fantastic. It was obvious which side got their tactics right. Hopefully this will add fuel to the fire for next season. Losses like these will force the players to look inside themselves to find what they have been missing for a good part of the season. Bayern still have one more final to play so not all hope is lost.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Badger » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:56 pm

As you may imagine, I regarded the game as rather unpleasant viewing. This morning in work I tried the old trick, “I’ve recorded the game and am watching it tonight. Don’t tell me the score.” It didn’t seem to fool anyone. One chap came back with the rejoinder, “You won’t be disappointed. There were lots of goals.”

Real Madrid were deserving winners in just about every way. Essentially, they were effective in every position on the pitch. Even those objectionable animals who are always getting sent off - Ramos and Pepe - were outstanding. Bayern didn’t score in 180 min of football and had few chances to console themselves with either. While a few of Bayern’s key players were below par, and the team tactics must be questioned, that stat is still a great achievement on Real’s part and deserves undiluted acknowledgement.

And I won’t even start on the subject of conceding the three goals on set-pieces – schoolboy howlers – other than to say that I had to admire Ronaldo’s switch from over the top to under the wall on those successive free-kicks.

As a Bayern fan, trying to pick up the pieces, I can’t say that there were any positives in the game, but perhaps there were some lessons to be learned. My take on it is:
- Guardiola’s possession play is not fundamentally wrong (it beats lots of teams) but it comes unstuck against the best defensive/counterattacking teams in Europe – eg Real Madrid, Dortmund, Chelsea, etc. Possession football compresses those teams into their own penalty box and leaves huge spaces at the back, playing into the hands of those teams which are experts at defensive/counterattacking play.
- Guardiola can basically stick to his present system much of the time, but he needs a different approach for those types of teams: play them at their own game, drawing them out from that compact 6-8 player defence, counter their counters at pace, attack with more variation and tempo, and remain tighter at the back, etc.
- Our central defence is good enough to win the Bundesliga, and perhaps good enough for the European Champions League if a different system were played, but Bayern probably do need to invest in a world class central defender who can marshal the whole defence; Dante and Boateng would have supporting roles.
- We’ll be back – with much the same players. Lewandowski and a top central defender will be added in the summer, but there’ll be no major overhaul.
- The medicine that led to Bayern’s treble was their loss in the Champions League final to Chelsea the previous year. The extent of last night’s humiliating exit could create a similar effect.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Even if it was true that I recorded the match to watch it later, they would have spoiled it for me. We are surely are the talk of the town for the wrong reason.....

At the office I don't taunt anyone so there wasn't much flak apart from a couple of barbs from a some who were interested to discuss the match which were easily dealt with although each one re-opens the wound of the humilation.

But this morning I was a bit around and about and switching on the car radio, there were to guys chatting and soon they started speaking about the incredible result from real dishing out all the clichés, how they gave bayern a lesson in football, who would expected such a result a year ago, possession without achievements etc. tbh they did mention that this is football and there were ups and downs but this didn't make make things better so decided to switch off the radio.

Next I pull over at the petrol station, there's this guy speaking to the attendant and I overhear 4 goals at home incredible, Sergio Ramos’ scoring two headers, set pieces broke Bayern down, the speed of Ronaldo Bale etc. this is not helping to forget, if I could I'll hibernate for the rest of this week until waters calm down a little
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm

AdepT wrote:Well spoken Aequitas.

Actually we scored one... Schweinsteiger vs K'lautern
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:47 pm

FCB general wrote:Beer is ready! That's the most important thing for tonight's match. :cheers:

As I said yesterday, it really did his part of the job. :mrgreen:

Our performance last night, anti-German, anti-Mia san Mia. This has never happened before, even when Bayern were weaker than great Milan from 2000's.

One word - DISGUSTING! We have been really bad since 25.3.2014. and Hertha BSC match. Not that I liked our team's playing style before that, but now all weaknesses came out.

How would I express myself - we are somekind of read book, toooo obvious for Real who have had a lot of experience during Guardiola reign at Barcelona.

You can totally fúck that my friends, but nothing won't be changed. That's the only truth after this football tragedy which is way to hard to see for such team as ours. We looked like somekind of Schalke, like a piece of junk.

If the last year didn't say that is over after 4-5 years with that fapping football at Camp Nou, the last night has confirmed that fact.

There were no Germans on the field, no run, no energy, no strong will - NOTHING! Bayern didn't exist in those 2 games and I mean totally.

Do you know what is the worst thing last night? We conceded two mothafocka goals from set-pieces, heeeeey!!! Two fúcking goals!!! :roll:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Element » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:53 pm

Actually 3 from set pieces
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Element wrote:Actually 3 from set pieces

A perfect example of digging it in or twisting the knife in the wound.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:05 pm

what annoys me is i still think we are better than real not playing tika taka though if were set up properly playing the way we should im confident we would beat them or at least compete and lose narrowly
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Element » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:07 pm

Short said

The tactics have failed offensively and the Players failed defensively

And Philipp Lahm was the only one who wanted to Play football from our team
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:11 pm

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:21 pm

MUTU wrote:
Element wrote:Actually 3 from set pieces

A perfect example of digging it in or twisting the knife in the wound.

Uhhhhhh guys... Even worse, but I didn't want to confess myself about the third one. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to UEFA Champions League